Poll: TIGERS or BULLDOGS
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
TIGERS
65.00%
BULLDOGS
35.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs Hazard 10/13
Back to the game at hand...I have been an advocate for keeping Beechwood and Hazard at number 1 and number 2 until they are beaten by a single A school. I still stand behind that, bit without the smiths, they haven't been the same. Paintsville seems to be hitting their stride, so I'm goina say that this is the week that Paintsville makes their statement. Beechwood should still be number 1. But winning this game, imo, makes Paintsville a legit top 3 team and the top contender in the East. I think that's just what happens.

Paintsville 27
Hazard 20
I am going to throw a monkey wrench into every posters look ahead to a rematch between these two in the playoffs. His name is Wyatt Battalie. He is Pikeville's senior quarterback, that I'm being told, will be returning to the starting lineup soon. Hazard will never make the rematch with Paintsville.
Beechwood 1. Paintsville 2. Hazard is better than Pikeviile and Raceland but not by much.
Paparazzi Wrote:I am going to throw a monkey wrench into every posters look ahead to a rematch between these two in the playoffs. His name is Wyatt Battalie. He is Pikeville's senior quarterback, that I'm being told, will be returning to the starting lineup soon. Hazard will never make the rematch with Paintsville.

They aren't no look ahead. There are IFs. Still a long way to go. I will agree he will make Pikeville better.
bac2369 Wrote:They aren't no look ahead. There are IFs. Still a long way to go. I will agree he will make Pikeville better.

He should make Pikeville better! Also very tough to throw in a new QB late in the season, especially on a young team. There are MANY other pieces needed to take a team to the next level.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:He should make Pikeville better! Also very tough to throw in a new QB late in the season, especially on a young team. There are MANY other pieces needed to take a team to the next level.

He's not new, he's a 3 year starter and great QB! Can't wait to see him on the field!
jetpilot Wrote:He's not new, he's a 3 year starter and great QB! Can't wait to see him on the field!

I assume He has been getting reps of some sort in practice, but its tough to say how fluent he will be after not being in game scenarios for that length f time. Hope to see the kid come back firing, he's a great athlete and a huge part of the Pikeville offense
Paparazzi Wrote:I am going to throw a monkey wrench into every posters look ahead to a rematch between these two in the playoffs. His name is Wyatt Battalie. He is Pikeville's senior quarterback, that I'm being told, will be returning to the starting lineup soon. Hazard will never make the rematch with Paintsville.

QB Wyatt Battaile will be a difference maker no doubt. How much of a difference ? We'll just have to wait and see. Looking forward to his return.
swampdonkey Wrote:I assume He has been getting reps of some sort in practice, but its tough to say how fluent he will be after not being in game scenarios for that length f time. Hope to see the kid come back firing, he's a great athlete and a huge part of the Pikeville offense

Indeed!
Do we expect a good crowd on the Hazard side of the field in this one? I know In state semi's last year the Bulldogs had a big crowd at home! So far Williamsburg, Pikeville, and Hurricane crowds were a little thin. Which Hurricane and Williamsburg is a pretty good drive. The Hazard drive isn't too bad!
What makes Wyatt so good is he has a great arm and can destroy a team with his running but what worries me his timing with the rest of the team but if he can get these last 3 games in and a lot of practice he should be fine and he could lift up the rest of the team to another level but all this is to be determined

Paparazzi's hatred for hazard is amazing.
Paintsville I think a little overated but they beat a bang up Hazard team. Paintsville 34 Hazard 27
Hazard by 7
hoghead Wrote:Paintsville I think a little overated but they beat a bang up Hazard team. Paintsville 34 Hazard 27

Enlighten us on who all in the 1A east should be rated higher? :eyeroll:
Paparazzi Wrote:Neither of the Smith twins will be back. Torn ACL's.
I did not know this. When I read it, it made me physically sick. I HATE it when football players go through all that blood sweat and tears just to get injured and unable to finish a season. So very sad!!!

pjdoug Wrote:Hazard will go through Paintsville like a dose of salts. 28-14.
Not many on here will get that.

stripedofficial Wrote:I dont look for either team to show much. This game doesnt really have the meaning that the one in the playoffs will have.
Look for a lot of basic football. Neither will want to show much. Imo
I agree.
I don't know how well Hazard travels, but they appeared to have a huge following in the one game that I saw.
^^^ I literally felt sick too GB. Puts a damper on all of EKy hs football IMO, especially 1A...
Granny Bear Wrote:I did not know this. When I read it, it made me physically sick. I HATE it when football players go through all that blood sweat and tears just to get injured and unable to finish a season. So very sad!!!

Not many on here will get that.

I agree.
I don't know how well Hazard travels, but they appeared to have a huge following in the one game that I saw.

Every season it seams a contender in the mountains loses a top player to injury! It's never an easy ordeal! Always enjoyed tracking #34's stats throughout the season! Not the way to end such a magnificent HS Career!!
^^It's horrible.
At one time, HC had 7 starters on the injury list. We had to change QBs in the middle of the season, and two starting linemen are out for the year. So, believe me, I feel your pain.

I wouldn't bet on it .
How well does the field drain in paintsville? I know we are getting some rain today and Wednesday and was wanting to know?
jetpilot Wrote:^^^ I literally felt sick too GB. Puts a damper on all of EKy hs football IMO, especially 1A...

Hazard was like a freight train going downhill and picking up speed before the injury of the Smith kids.
I know!! We were one of the teams that got in their way!!
Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:I know!! We were one of the teams that got in their way!!
Confusednicker:

get off the tracks Confusednicker:
Easy Wind Wrote:Paparazzi's hatred for hazard is amazing.

Sorry that you think it's hatred when I'm just commenting that a very talented playmaker is returning to Pikeville's starting lineup and Hazard has lost a Mr. football candidate and a twin brother lineman. I will be cheering for the Bulldogs in this game but it will be hard for them to win. Anyway, back to Paintsville and Hazard. I don't think Paintsville is as good as some people think. I'm taking the dogs in this one 24-18.
bac2369 Wrote:How well does the field drain in paintsville? I know we are getting some rain today and Wednesday and was wanting to know?

The field handles water very well bac. With a good forecast Thursday and Friday day it should be in great condition.
This is the best game in the state this weekend. I think it’s going to be very physical game because these two teams are that. Hope both teams can control their emotions because penalties could play a big part. I think Paintsville wins because of the loss of the Smiths. Cory will be on they sidelines and wishing he was out there and that is awful. Such a great player. Hope for a injury free game to both sides
Paintsville-20
Hazard-13
Take more than the Battle lie kid.
Two parts, first I think the Tigers will beat the Dawgs at home. Paintsville is tough on the beautiful grass and the defense is playing great and pretty healthy for this time of year as is the offense and they have been executing very well as the year has went on.
Second, with Pikeville getting Wyatt back under center it just changes the dynamics of the team. I mean they just play with more confidence when he takes the snaps, the kid has that it factor so to speak. They just got a lot more dangerous