Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casey County 49 Bell County 28
You sure know a lot, wonder what you say about McCreary central.
Congrats Casey Co., y'all are a class act! We are a year or 2 away from competing with good teams and most of our fans know it. Good luck the rest of the year.
Wrangler Wrote:casey co Not Tested not a Top 3a team and a Little overrated McCreary will beat Them 40-20 Next wk.

I figured u would learn after the spankin you took in Corbin. I see that's not the case. I'm gonna lump you in the crowd that is never gonna learn. Jus making yourself sound silly.
Wrangler Wrote:casey co Not Tested not a Top 3a team and a Little overrated McCreary will beat Them 40-20 Next wk.

Anything's possible. I know we've played McCreary it seems like for 20 years in middle and high-school. I like our record against you guys, but as we are starting to prove, with hard work and dedication from all levels, things can change. Having said that, Casey 66, McCreary 21.
jax Wrote:Congrats Casey Co., y'all are a class act! We are a year or 2 away from competing with good teams and most of our fans know it. Good luck the rest of the year.
I will not have any nails left after your sophomores and freshman mature another year or two, and add your middle school players as freshman and sophomores. We knew coming in it was gonna be a scoring game and weren't sure who would come out on top. I think your younger guys got worn down towards the end (my son always was dead by the 3rd quarter when he was a freshman but as a junior is pretty fresh even into the 4th). I was a nervous wreck all night, trying to film the game hands shaking, lol. Bell already showed a lot of improvement from last year. Not just coaching either, those players were faster/stronger than last year too. Team on the way up is what Bell county is.
smoke1015 Wrote:Anything's possible. I know we've played McCreary it seems like for 20 years in middle and high-school. I like our record against you guys, but as we are starting to prove, with hard work and dedication from all levels, things can change. Having said that, Casey 66, McCreary 21.

Give our Boys in McCreary some Bulletin board material . they'll like that :Clap:
Don't think McCreary can score 21 unless Casey puts in the freshman
Mr cold74 Wrote:Don't think McCreary can score 21 unless Casey puts in the freshman

U better Hope So the Boys in Maroon been Waiting for This one All yr.
Wrangler Wrote:Give our Boys in McCreary some Bulletin board material . they'll like that :Clap:

I think you just did that, correct?
Congratulations Casey County on the win, good luck the rest of the season!
[quote=Wrangler]U better Hope So the Boys in Maroon been Waiting for This one All yr.[/QUOTE. If they would have worried about Beating who they have played more than beating Casey co maybe they would have more wins. That Casey co team is a pretty good football team, better be ready to play or it's going to be a long night ( or maybe a quick night like last week) for the raiders.
Wrangler you almost seem like a troll, the sad thing is I know you're for real about what you say. Mccreary got 75 put on them by Bell and casey just beat Bell pretty easily. I'm pretty sure they could have the whole internet as bulliten board material and it's not gonna make a difference. Casey will win by 30+.
Mountain Lion 4 Life Wrote:Congratulations Casey County on the win, good luck the rest of the season!

Thank you sir. Bell definitely back towards the Bell of old. Hope we can keep pace with you guys a bit.
Hound05 Wrote:Wrangler you almost seem like a troll, the sad thing is I know you're for real about what you say. Mccreary got 75 put on them by Bell and casey just beat Bell pretty easily. I'm pretty sure they could have the whole internet as bulliten board material and it's not gonna make a difference. Casey will win by 30+.

To be honest, Bell was tough for us. I think just got their young players tired towards the end. Unusual for us, I think they have more kids playing both ways than Casey. Something we've never had. Remember going to Bell in the early 2000s, and Corbin. Both press box guys, coaches, asked me, "is that your full team"...one year we went to Corbin we got smoked as usual, lol, and had 21. Then against Bell, one year, 19 dressed, and Corbin playoff about 3 years ago when we had that really good OLB/DE, DJ White, we had 17 dressed in that one. Lol. Played OK for a quarter... So really weird playing a few more guys than Bell this year. They were competitive though. When it went to 28-28 I didn't know what was gonna happen. Our defense just really stepped up in the 4th. Our offense didn't really get stopped on 3 and outs, just a few uncharacteristic turnovers. Bell offense a lot more, defined this year, they are starting to get an identity.
We have work to do in weight room and experience under a great coach. Time will come. Congratulations to Casey. It will take at least a couple years.
If Cassy co can win games after all the bad years they had then bell certainly can. I was at the game lastnight and was surprised how clean both teams played. That shows me that both teams have really good coaches that demand discipline. You don't see that on teams very much these days. Bell is going to be just fine, a lot of good young players to build on.
Same guy also said McCreary would beat Corbin. I know 63 reasons that didn't happen....
smoke1015 Wrote:There is no false high here. I know EXACTLY what we are. We are a team that lost many of those games against these same teams we are beating now. They weren't great teams sometimes back then, when we lost, and aren't great teams now. We are building. The Boyle counties of this football world started out building, playing a fairly easy schedule, to gain interest, and gain numbers. No matter how the opponents record stacks, we got the W at Log Mountain last night, and that was big for our program. In 5 years our program will bring up the craziest amount of skill and big lineman play our team has ever seen. 30+ incoming 7th graders who are the most talented squad we've ever seen, and every year after that are huge numbers with great players. Casey is better than an average 3A team. Legit top 7. But whatever. I met a lot of classy Bell folks last night, especially in the booth. We all know what each other are. Bell improved from last year, Casey maybe improved, or at least saying even with what they were last year after losing one of our best senior classes ever. Respect to Bell, and a young team that battled, and the good folks up in that booth. Rebel Pride!

Casey might be improving but time will tell if that will make an impact in 3A. You've had a lot of ground to make up to begin with and the proof is in the pudding.

I hope things keep improving. Good luck!

not likely Confusednicker:
If Bell is 2 or 3 years away from competing with good teams, who is going to be doing the coaching? From what I hear Dudley isn't in this for the long run.
Tri-State Fan Wrote:If Bell is 2 or 3 years away from competing with good teams, who is going to be doing the coaching? From what I hear Dudley isn't in this for the long run.

When has anyone ever heard Bell saying they are 2 or 3 years away? All I can say to that is wow.
Have you read this thread? Multiple people have said - bell needs time in weight room, bell is year or two away, etc etc. Multiple County fans have expressed they are concerned with how many years Hilton has in him. That's all.
Tri-State Fan Wrote:Have you read this thread? Multiple people have said - bell needs time in weight room, bell is year or two away, etc etc. Multiple County fans have expressed they are concerned with how many years Hilton has in him. That's all.

I know that I have read just saying this isn't what Bell people usually say. Most Dudley fans were counting Casey as a win before the season started.
Dudley has 4-5 good years in him, he will coach it. Who will coach the Jackets back?
We will have many more steps before we will make it back. Step 1 has been taken. May take 2 years depending on how long people get put in place.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I know that I have read just saying this isn't what Bell people usually say. Most Dudley fans were counting Casey as a win before the season started.

I think that goes to an underestimation of Coach Stonebraker. Dudley has proven so long. But STonebraker began as a head coach so early, he's got about 20 years in as a head coach, and coached at the college level. Stoney has moved to some teams where it was probably near impossible to win, 5A, and then going to 6A J-Town and having to try and beat Male, etc.. But both times Stoney coached Casey, we went to winning seasons. He did much the same at Garrard. So I think maybe fans didn't know we had a coach that may be a younger version of Hilton, on his way up. Also, not just that, coach Bryan Cross coaches our defense. This guy has coached in smaller Texas college teams, coached at Campbellsville University, Center, and won a title at Western Kentucky as a linebacker coach...Man that's some pretty good coaching on our staff. I don't think we grow as big as Bell county young men, lol. That mountain air, or water, something makes for some big strong dudes. But really I do think it was a combination of Casey losing a really good senior class, and maybe underestimating our coaching and returning players. Either way, it was still a good game, probably helped both teams to be honest.
Coaches having a large amount of athletes coming through at one time doesn't hurt either, right. I don't know much about Casey but saw them play about 8-10 years ago and they didn't have but 1-2 athletes. I read on here they now have 6-7 college players come through? Coaches look good when that happens.
NextGeneration Wrote:Coaches having a large amount of athletes coming through at one time doesn't hurt either, right. I don't know much about Casey but saw them play about 8-10 years ago and they didn't have but 1-2 athletes. I read on here they now have 6-7 college players come through? Coaches look good when that happens.

Yep, true of any coaching staff. We had 3 last year playing, or will play at the next level. Probably have 6 or 7 right now that will play somewhere, later. 3 seniors of ours should play somewhere at the collegiate level, if they want. Only 1 skill kid though. Our backfield is all juniors.