Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rude Squads
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT I AM NOT FROM POWELL COUNTY OR ESTILL COUNTY. I DID ATTEND ALL THE DISTRICT GAMES AND A FEW BEFORE THEM. I AGREE WITH offthehook. IF THE GIRLS DO HEEL STRETCHES AND TOES TOUCHES IT IS THE SAME THING AS SITTING ON THE FLOOR. AND THE GIRLS DID NOT SHAKE HANDS AT THE BOYS POWELL V. ESTILL GAME. ONLY A FEW DID BECAUSE THEIR COACH SAID NOT TO. I WAS ALSO AT A DINER IN ESTILL COUNTY AND I HEARD A FEW OF THEIR CHEERLEADERS TRASH TALKING NOT JUST POWELL BUT EVERY OTHER SQUAD IN THE 56TH DISTRICT. WHEN I WAS ATTENDING GAMES AT OTHER COUNTIES I NEVER ONCE HEARD THEIR CHEERLEADERS OPENLY SAY SOMETHING BAD ABOUT THE OTHER SQUAD.BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN THEY DON'T TALK ABOUT THEM. THEY JUST HAVE THE RESPECT NOT TO DO IT IN PUBLIC FOR EVERYONE TO HEAR. IF YOUR GOING TO TRASH TALK ONE ANOTHER DO IT ON YOUR OWN TIME AND NOT ON HERE. THE TREAD WAS STARTED TO TELL ABOUT RUDE SQUADS AND I PUT ESTILL ON HERE. I DON'T REMEMBER SEEING POWELL DO THE TRAIN WRECK THING BUT IF THEY DID IT WAS RUDE!!!! SO EVERYONE GET OVER YOURSELVES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree that he Train Wreck cheer is a little harsh and it used to bother me but now I know why they do it.

You gotta have something to say in recovery for Estills group yelling Crabby Patties while making Crab pinchers with their hands and having guys dance around the floor dancing trying to look like a crab...

All because of an ancient rumor that Powell county people had crabs.....
even if that was true let me remind all us Estill people that it wasnt too long ago that Estill County was ranked 2nd in the state for the highest rate of STD's, yea I know, pretty gross, but yea.....

My point tho is that why fuss about them saying "Train Wreck" when I think most would agree "Crabby Patties" is a little worse, don't ya think?

All crowds can be rude, and if the cheerleaders want to act like that then they don't need to cheer and give cheering a bad name, get in the crowd.
BballRox1135 Wrote:I agree that he Train Wreck cheer is a little harsh and it used to bother me but now I know why they do it.

You gotta have something to say in recovery for Estills group yelling Crabby Patties while making Crab pinchers with their hands and having guys dance around the floor dancing trying to look like a crab...

All because of an ancient rumor that Powell county people had crabs.....
even if that was true let me remind all us Estill people that it wasnt too long ago that Estill County was ranked 2nd in the state for the highest rate of STD's, yea I know, pretty gross, but yea.....

My point tho is that why fuss about them saying "Train Wreck" when I think most would agree "Crabby Patties" is a little worse, don't ya think?

All crowds can be rude, and if the cheerleaders want to act like that then they don't need to cheer and give cheering a bad name, get in the crowd.

I don't see anything wrong with the trainwreck if the student body does it I just don't think it was appropriate for the cheerleaders to do it. And I don't think I saw any Estill cheerleaders doing the "Crabby Patty" cheer.
#1 cheerleader u have to be from Powell
Guys I am Sorry. But, the Train Wreck thing is just no big deal. It doesn't attack anyone personally and I'm sorry but it's funny. Just surprised no-one came up with it sooner. If the cheerleaders do it after they have been judged, oh well. After being judge, it's all fun and games. I would love to see some video of it if any one has it.
OffTheHook Wrote:Guys I am Sorry. But, the Train Wreck thing is just no big deal. It doesn't attack anyone personally and I'm sorry but it's funny. Just surprised no-one came up with it sooner. If the cheerleaders do it after they have been judged, oh well. After being judge, it's all fun and games. I would love to see some video of it if any one has it.
I'm with Offthehook, no matter what side I was on, this would be hilarious. Girls running around like a train , then falling, "shouting trainwreck". I can't keep from laughing with this picture in my head. I guarantee I would feel the same if I were on the receiving end, I would clap for them. This has to be about the funniest thing I have ever heard out of cheerleaders. Someone please post a video and link on youtube or something.
no one is saying that the train wreck was bad, just that the cheerleaders should not be involved. I love it when the student body gets involved and cheers for their team thats what is all about. But I still think that the cheerleaders need to stick to leading cheers not slurring the other teams mascot.
I did see the Estill Cheerleaders do the Crabby Patty cheer, they don't care to do it, and they don't get in trouble. I know they do it because I have worked with those girls, they think it is funny too. I don't see why either was a big deal, lol. Both were pretty funny!!!!
Man I must have been at a different ballgame
Haha, funny, guys it was a week ago, and going, its over, lets move on ok. Laugh and go on, it was funny lets admit it. There's more to talk about....
ec cheerleaders didnt do the crabby patty cheer.
they probably woudnt be alive if they done the crabby patty cheer.
geeze they would never hear the end of it.
they're not even aloud to sing "hit the road jack" with the band, let alone do a cheer about the other team having "crabs"
[not sayin that you do.]
cheerforblue Wrote:#1 cheerleader u have to be from Powell

LIKE I SAID BEFORE I AM NOT FROM ESTILL OR POWELL BUT I WAS AT THE DISTRICT GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOP-1 Wrote:If the Estill Cheerleaders were being rude, then words could not begin to describe the way in which the Powell cheerleaders conducted themselves. On Thursday night, when Powell had a substantial lead at the end of the third quarter, the Powell cheerleaders began to parade around the floor imitating a train in order to make fun of Estill's mascot- the Engineers. When the cheerleaders reached mid court, they all fell down in the middle of the floor, and very rudly started to yell "train wreck." I have never been a cheerleader and have never had anything to do with a cheerlaeding squad, but I do know that the primary responsibility of a cheerleader is to cheer on their team. Not to cheer against the other team. So if you want to tale about rude, then my friend, that was simply trashy!

Lets Cry a little bit...it was made up by powells painted guys last year @ LEE CO.
cheerforblue Wrote:Man I must have been at a different ballgame

You must have been
:closed:
all_region_player Wrote:You must have been
Super_de Wrote:Actually they did, after they did the floor cheer. I guess they were aggravated because us Magoffin fans, and I were in the front row and we shouted why they did their cheer and afterwards they came and did the rude gestures at us.
what team are we talkin about:confused: please tell me.Big Grin
T-Dog Wrote:Shelby Valleys cheerleading squad is really respectful

I've witnessed firsthand that this isn't true.

belfry_cheer07 Wrote:what team are we talkin about:confused: please tell me.Big Grin

lawrence county..
One of the rudest squads I have ever seen was probbleuy Buckhorn. They were very rude. They did rude chants and gestures. The fans were worst though. The mothers in the stands booed the other squad while they do floor cheers and that is just sad. The male fans from Buckhorn was very rude also and talked horriable to the females there.
Prestonsburg
meganwillis10 Wrote:Prestonsburg
Get real. Prestonsburg is one of the classiest squads in the region. Just because a schools fans are rude doesn't mean their cheerleaders are.
Valley is probably the rudest that Ive ever seen.
I think this thread could be used as good by everyone. Such as cheerleaders, coaches, fans, and parents, etc. Sounds like everyone needs to learn some sportsmanship and remember it is all fun and games. Remember there is always someone better at what you do than you. For some reason in society we don't like it when someone is better or acts like they are better. So be nice people!!!!!!!! Remember the saying "do unto others as you would want then to do unto you."
Is cheerleading really this important?
Hazards isnt that nice.
cig107 Wrote:Is cheerleading really this important?

Absolutely... to some people...
It's kinda like football to men.....(teehee)
I think that JBS High School squad is very rude. I have seen them attack other cheerleaders after the KCC district game. I think it was the one that fell on the floor after she did her flips. She was very embarrassed about falling. Personally, if I was the coach of a team that didn't know what they were doing, I would get a bunch of cheerleaders that wouldn't embarrass the school. They finally have a good basketball team, now they need to do something with that cheerleading squad. Reminder ladies, cheerleading is about leading the crowd in cheers and sportsmanship, not about how you look or how many guys you can pick up. Wink
Well was anyone there at the Pike County Championship game when belfry cheerleaders ripped down Pikeville posters because they were mad because they were losing by 15 with time ticking down. Cheryl Robinson had to hang them all back up. But our Student section was pretty mean when we yelled we won Nationals! during all of their cheers. Their coach cussed our section out and the cheerleaders kept asking where they were and we said at Nationals in new silk jackets...
If...Then Wrote:Well was anyone there at the Pike County Championship game when belfry cheerleaders ripped down Pikeville posters because they were mad because they were losing by 15 with time ticking down. Cheryl Robinson had to hang them all back up. But our Student section was pretty mean when we yelled we won Nationals! during all of their cheers. Their coach cussed our section out and the cheerleaders kept asking where they were and we said at Nationals in new silk jackets...

I hate to see this Whole PIKEVILLE/BELFRY thing get started back up again....I am sure both squads, or pep sections wasn't very nice to each other that night. It has been mentioned in many threads that the P-ville white cheerleaders were not there, & I also know Mrs. Wheeler would have thier butts, for bad sportsmanship....as would MISS ANDERSON for her squad, so I am going to go on record here, and say I know Miss ANDERSON, DID NOT CUSS AT A STUDENT PEP SECTION. It simply wasn't her. I am not saying it didn't happen, but I am sure our coach was not involved!
That is the funniest thing I have ever heard!!! I agree with StillAnMcfan, I would have laughed no matter what side I was on!!