Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 2017
plantmanky Wrote:That wasnt going to happen, they were excited to see him go.
I wasn't really referring to Taylor Co kids specifically, just kids in general. Several post stated how kids would show up to play for Bell now that ole Dudley was back. Are these said kids not being recruited if they show up to play for a coach?
Look up the definition of recruiting. I a kid just shows up to play for a school and no has RECRUITED him then no it is it. But when the parents and kids get phone calls from a coach and boosters that the coaches have sent then YES.
Stop asking questions about it and I will stop responding.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Stop asking questions about it and I will stop responding.
For the love of god, I'm not asking you questions I'm saying your being a hypocrite, go play in a busy street!
Talking to me again, are you 5 or what? Not another word young man. LOL
blueandgreen Wrote:Page after page on several different threads I've read how your new coach was gonna bring players with him when he came back. Would that not be considered recruiting?

of course he recruits.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Talking to me again, are you 5 or what? Not another word young man. LOL
Confusednicker:
AnswertheBell Wrote:I have never said or heard he would bring anyone from Taylor. He will get the kids in his school to play. Other than that ? Pineville? Middlesboro? You couldn't combine the two and beat Jenkins, no offense.
Hey, here we go, people picking on Jenkins!! They have feelings too.
BIG TONY Wrote:Hey, here we go, people picking on Jenkins!! They have feelings too.

Go Cavaliers !
How many did North dress last year?
How many did they have for spring practice?
I think Coach Larkey is the second most underrated coach in his 5A region.
bigscreen Wrote:How many did North dress last year?
How many did they have for spring practice?
I think Coach Larkey is the second most underrated coach in his 5A region.

slightly above average.
Sure hope north Laurel starts passing more in 2017. Go North :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Sure hope north Laurel starts passing more in 2017. Go North :Cheerlead

Does from the sideline to the ref count? :dontthink
This already??

2017 is gonna be a great football year!!!

Confusednicker:
Bell County and Corbin have reps as long time recruiters. North Laurel is starting to steal their thunder. No wonder there's havoc in the 13th!!!!

:lmao:
Ballmom1 Wrote:Bell County and Corbin have reps as long time recruiters. North Laurel is starting to steal their thunder. No wonder there's havoc in the 13th!!!!

counties to the west and east of Laurel have also had some big time cheating I mean recruiting going on .
Good luck to coach Larkey in 17. I know he is a very hard worker.
Ballmom1 Wrote:Bell County and Corbin have reps as long time recruiters. North Laurel is starting to steal their thunder. No wonder there's havoc in the 13th!!!!

I seem to recall when north laurel was banned from post season play because the guy who owned shiloh's was recruiting kids from Australia, Iceland, and all over the globe to play basketball for north. My point is that north also has a reputation for recruiting. The only difference, is that it was PROVEN that north recruits.
The only coach we have that isn't a scrub and has a consistent record of winning is our baseball coach. Basketball coach wants to play our middle school team in high school games and I'm not at all sure how the football team is supposed to be recruiting when our own kids are leaving on a consistent basis. It's hard to recruit a kid who is truly happy where theyre at, and athletics under the current administration in Laurel Co. is in dire straits!! To many people in leadership positions here are worried more about cash in the till and how to get theyre hands on it, than theyre job and taking care of our kids!!
blueandgreen Wrote:The only coach we have that isn't a scrub and has a consistent record of winning is our baseball coach. Basketball coach wants to play our middle school team in high school games and I'm not at all sure how the football team is supposed to be recruiting when our own kids are leaving on a consistent basis. It's hard to recruit a kid who is truly happy where theyre at, and athletics under the current administration in Laurel Co. is in dire straits!! To many people in leadership positions here are worried more about cash in the till and how to get theyre hands on it, than theyre job and taking care of our kids!!

Don't forget north softball, they have always been very good also.
It amazes me that north football has gotten so much attention for them to be so bad. I have. Even following them since chris larkey took over and they have been pretty consistent in winning and I think they have had about 5 or 6 winning season in a row which is better than what I can ever remember them having in the early 2000s.
The threads I have read don't talk about anyone leaving their program in the masses or on consistent basis. All I've seen is one kid and a parent complains about it. I'm sure north will be fine and move on as should the parent .
It seems that you and chs crazy have a lot of the same of criticism of larkey if your not the same.

Must have missed a lot since I got back from vacation.
diceman Wrote:Don't forget north softball, they have always been very good also.
It amazes me that north football has gotten so much attention for them to be so bad. I have. Even following them since chris larkey took over and they have been pretty consistent in winning and I think they have had about 5 or 6 winning season in a row which is better than what I can ever remember them having in the early 2000s.
The threads I have read don't talk about anyone leaving their program in the masses or on consistent basis. All I've seen is one kid and a parent complains about it. I'm sure north will be fine and move on as should the parent .
It seems that you and chs crazy have a lot of the same of criticism of larkey if your not the same.

Must have missed a lot since I got back from vacation.

I wasn't really grouping girls programs into this, probably because I don't have a girl and therefore don't know much about any of the coaches. You are right the softball girls and even the basketball team do very well for themselves, despite the lack of support they receive!! Seems maybe you took portions of my post out of context, my son plays baseball and only played one year of football in middle school but I have a large amount of friends in the upcoming senior class. If I had one dig against Larkey it's that he NEEDS TO THROW THE FOOTBALL that's it, as far as kids leaving they have left Laurel Co here and there for as long as I can remember because of the way our administration has approached sports here. If you don't understand that ask Coach Larkey how he and his dad ended up at Rockastle Co., that's a hall of fame coach that should of had all that success right here and got ran off!! In other words my major problem is with the administrators of our school system, they should stop hording money to take care of themselves and all they're cronies and spend it on the kids, we pay a ridiculously high school tax only to have to fund raise for everything to do with sports. News flash success puts kids on the field and butts in the seats which equals a whole lot of gate money. Screen names for me are like women I only have time for one and I sure don't have time to try and figure out everyone who's posting on an internet message board identity is, if you do good luck.
diceman Wrote:It seems that you and chs crazy have a lot of the same of criticism of larkey if your not the same.

:lmao: Give it up already we've had this conversation I'm not who you think I am and I already told you my issues with Larkey have nothing to do with a kid transferring schools, although it says a lot about his character. My issues start long ago, I played for Corbin and experienced the Larkey's at Rockastle, all the messing with our personal stuff in the visitors locker room to the on field antics during the games. How convenient now after 5 months of throwing my program under the bus and yelling recruiting that we should all just let it go, why before the truth comes out that he never had any proof at all and it finally all came out in the open? That's my problem, whatever Corbin never wishes anything bad on a group of kids so I will refrain from hoping something bad happens to the North program however I do hope Larkey develops a large abscess right around where he sits on his rear!!! :Clap:
chs crazy Wrote::lmao: Give it up already we've had this conversation I'm not who you think I am and I already told you my issues with Larkey have nothing to do with a kid transferring schools, although it says a lot about his character. My issues start long ago, I played for Corbin and experienced the Larkey's at Rockastle, all the messing with our personal stuff in the visitors locker room to the on field antics during the games. How convenient now after 5 months of throwing my program under the bus and yelling recruiting that we should all just let it go, why before the truth comes out that he never had any proof at all and it finally all came out in the open? That's my problem, whatever Corbin never wishes anything bad on a group of kids so I will refrain from hoping something bad happens to the North program however I do hope Larkey develops a large abscess right around where he sits on his rear!!! :Clap:

Corbin has been cheating for decades.
pjdoug Wrote:Corbin has been cheating for decades.

Confusednicker: "If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin' " Richard Petty Confusednicker:
papagrit Wrote:Confusednicker: "If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin' " Richard Petty Confusednicker:
:yikes:
Would you agree with me that kids want to be apart of great programs?
School districts that make it a priority to have those elite programs, recruits itself.
Bobcat4years Wrote:Would you agree with me that kids want to be apart of great programs?
School districts that make it a priority to have those elite programs, recruits itself.

Agree 100%. Would you rather be an all star for a team that never makes it past second round or be a starter on a state championship contending team?
chs crazy Wrote::lmao: Give it up already we've had this conversation I'm not who you think I am and I already told you my issues with Larkey have nothing to do with a kid transferring schools, although it says a lot about his character. My issues start long ago, I played for Corbin and experienced the Larkey's at Rockastle, all the messing with our personal stuff in the visitors locker room to the on field antics during the games. How convenient now after 5 months of throwing my program under the bus and yelling recruiting that we should all just let it go, why before the truth comes out that he never had any proof at all and it finally all came out in the open? That's my problem, whatever Corbin never wishes anything bad on a group of kids so I will refrain from hoping something bad happens to the North program however I do hope Larkey develops a large abscess right around where he sits on his rear!!! :Clap:

Character, it shows what kind of character you have by wishing something on very good guy and dad of a bunch of little kids.

As far as Corbin having stuff messed with on the visitors side, you mean your mad at both Coach Larkey and his son for something that they never did or had control of. Do you think they snuck over during the game and went through your stuff. We have a teacher who stands guard of the visitors side every game.
Bobcat4years Wrote:Would you agree with me that kids want to be apart of great programs?

what you really mean is schools that makes it priority to cheat.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Agree 100%. Would you rather be an all star for a team that never makes it past second round or be a starter on a state championship contending team?

I'd rather be win-less and be a winner instead a cheating loser. no real pride in winning a championship if you do it with an all-star team of players from other schools. This ain't professional sports .