Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since everyone's home...
Well, tonight we had shrimp scampy and crab legs for dinner, mmmmmm
phs1986 Wrote:Dang Midee.... reading yours just shot my diet all to heck!!! LOLOL.... that sounds GOOD!!!!

That could probably explain why I am 270 lbs. But if you remember when we met there were several of us from the Russell area that were....shall we say.....large.
Well... I have offically (as of today) lost 14 lbs in a little over 3 weeks.... I am NOT gonna be like this forever and I swear.... all this food talk is killin me!!! LMAO....
Sorry I couldn't help myself. I have put on 62 lbs in 2 years. So congratulations on the weight loss. It's not easy.
I was gonna post something.... but that silly woamn on Deal or No Deal just BLEW IT!I forgot what I wanted to post....
Okay... good morning folks... what's for dinner!LOL
I am baking a hen... and fixing homemade dressing. I don't know what I'll have with it.... any suggestions?
Midee1 Wrote:Sorry I couldn't help myself. I have put on 62 lbs in 2 years. So congratulations on the weight loss. It's not easy.

You can say that again!!! Especially having to cook for the "gang" here!! LOLOL... Kids eating Reese Cups, Fudge Rounds, brownies... SHEW.... I'll stick with my weight watchers muffins and ice cream sandwiches... that's all I get in the sweets department.. LOL....

Dinner today is going to be:

New York strip steaks marinated in A-1, Baked potato's, corn, garlic butter bread, and salad....

Snake.... add ya some mashed potato's or potato salad, corn, and or green beans... sounds as if your havin a GREAT dinner!!!
I can't add mashed potatoes... I served them last night. (plus dressing and potatoes is a double starch) I can fix my candied corn... that's a good suggestion! May have to do asparagus or brussells sprouts...

Your dinner sounds good!
I liked Midee1's fudge brownie thing!

What's shakin' up your way?

For lunch... I am doing left over spaghetti... it's ALWAYS better after it's been allowed to "meld"....LOL.... I fixed it fresh on Tuesday night!
The fudge brownie thing was excellent.

And why can't you do a double starch. I did fried potato's and mac and cheese last night.
I have a cheer leader too... LOL!!! Dbl starches are great for my son... :thumpsup:

Do you do your brownie from a box or do you do it from "scratch"?
IISnakE Wrote:I have a cheer leader too... LOL!!! Dbl starches are great for my son... :thumpsup:

Do you do your brownie from a box or do you do it from "scratch"?

Well just tell her that she can only choose one. No need to punish your son.

Last night the boys made them from a box. I prefer home made but they are 11 and 9 so a box is a big enough fight for them two.
You're crackin' me up... I have a finite amount of cold storage space.... I have trouble just cooking enough for (4)... so I try to have a meat, a starch, and two veggies... I hate to throw away.... you remember those speeches about wasting food!
IISnakE Wrote:You're crackin' me up... I have a finite amount of cold storage space.... I have trouble just cooking enough for (4)... so I try to have a meat, a starch, and two veggies... I hate to throw away.... you remember those speeches about wasting food!

If you saw me you would know how I feel about wasting food. Smile
I've made an "executive decision".... I'm not baking that chicken.... I'm gonna wait and "poll my audience" when they get in... maybe we can soup and sandwich it tonight!!!
IISnakE Wrote:I've made an "executive decision".... I'm not baking that chicken.... I'm gonna wait and "poll my audience" when they get in... maybe we can soup and sandwich it tonight!!!

That is cruel and unusual punishment. Hope the kids didn't think that they were going to have a baked chicken tonight.
Well... I spent too much time online today and I just don't feel like cooking a "Big" dinner. So... we'll do club sandwiches and soup! Maybe I can make some brownies and do the fudge brownie thing!!!
Tonight we had stuffed mushrooms, grilled chicken, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and salad...mmmmm just wish I coulda had an ice cold Bud Light with it.
This thread is really making me hungry. Like I've said a million times before... t.v dinners, ramen noodles, easy mac and warm delights is as home-cooked it gets for me...

I'm not sure what I'm having for dinner tonight...anyone have any suggestions??? Wendy's is looking pretty good right now...unless I can talk my significant other into Red Lobster when they get out of class...
DTfan Wrote:This thread is really making me hungry. Like I've said a million times before... t.v dinners, ramen noodles, easy mac and warm delights is as home-cooked it gets for me...

I'm not sure what I'm having for dinner tonight...anyone have any suggestions??? Wendy's is looking pretty good right now...unless I can talk my significant other into Red Lobster when they get out of class...

I vote for Red Lobster if you can get it. Wendys is my favorite fast food/hamburger joint.
Midee1 Wrote:I vote for Red Lobster if you can get it. Wendys is my favorite fast food/hamburger joint.

I could eat Red Lobster 7 days a week. I love it...the trick is actually getting it. Out of all the fast food places Wendy's is my favorite but every now and then I get Nuggets from McDonalds or if I'm near the Food court on campus I get a dbl cheeseburger from Burger King and waffle fries from Chic-fil-A. I'm just so sick of fast food and dorm food! If I get fast food I HAVE to have a large cherry sprite from Sonic. I LOVE IT!
DTfan Wrote:I could eat Red Lobster 7 days a week. I love it...the trick is actually getting it. Out of all the fast food places Wendy's is my favorite but every now and then I get Nuggets from McDonalds or if I'm near the Food court on campus I get a dbl cheeseburger from Burger King and waffle fries from Chic-fil-A. I'm just so sick of fast food and dorm food! If I get fast food I HAVE to have a large cherry sprite from Sonic. I LOVE IT!

I think my son feels the same way you do about the dorm food. We went to visit him a couple of weekends ago and he was so excited just to get to eat at Applebees.
Yeah dorm/cafeteria food gets old, FAST. I use to LOVE Ramen Noodles, but after a few years in college, I don't care if I ever see Ramen Noodles again.
I wasn't home today..had to go round up the kids, lol!
Well... we didn't even have sandwich night! We hit KFC & Burger King!
Midee1 Wrote:I think my son feels the same way you do about the dorm food. We went to visit him a couple of weekends ago and he was so excited just to get to eat at Applebees.

Applebee's is great. I just had Red Lobster and it was SOO good! All I eat in my dorm is the fast frank hot dogs, ramen noodles, easy mac, t.v. dinners, warm delights, sandwhiches and bagle bites. The cafeteria food is great but from my dorm it's such a long walk there. On campus we have Burger King, Chic-fil-a, Mongolian Grill, Izzy's (EKU version of Taco Bell), Java City (EKU version of Starbucks) and Freshens (EKU version of Dairy Queen). We have completely different stuff in the actual cafeteria but I RARELY go up there...the food is great like I said but double cheeseburgers and cheese quesadillas get's old when you have it EVERY DAY!
Redneck Wrote:Yeah dorm/cafeteria food gets old, FAST. I use to LOVE Ramen Noodles, but after a few years in college, I don't care if I ever see Ramen Noodles again.

Before all I'd eat at home would be Ramen Noodles and I ate that and Easy Mac alot during the fall semester but I have only ate it like twice this semester. I have to have a REAL craving for it.
IISnakE Wrote:Well... we didn't even have sandwich night! We hit KFC & Burger King!

OMG.... snake you know I gave you my secret for a home baked pan pizza.... YUMMY..... poor kids and hubby.... treatin them that way....

What's a family to do....... Confusedhh:

LMAO.....
Well.... I didn't feel like hitting the grocery... I had zero for a pizza. Everyone was "starvin'".... My kitchen was clean and I just opted out! You know where I was coming from...LOL!!!
IISnakE Wrote:Well.... I didn't feel like hitting the grocery... I had zero for a pizza. Everyone was "starvin'".... My kitchen was clean and I just opted out! You know where I was coming from...LOL!!!

Goodness.... in that case... you know I would have had your back.... I HATE dishes!!!! MUCH easier to throw the boxes and "fine china" away after your meal..... LMAO....
DTfan Wrote:The cafeteria food is great but from my dorm it's such a long walk there.

Well my son has it lucky in that regard. The cafeteria is about 150 yards from his dorm and they have an all you can eat buffet every day.