Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co @ Middlesboro 8/19
Middlesboro is improved.... Bell goes as humbfleet goes.... Bells line wasn't anything to brag about.... Think it's gonna be close saying MHS by 3
The Matt Jones Bowl.......

Bell County gets the W.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:I hear are a couple of posters saying Middlesboro is nothing without Williams. What is Bell without Humfleet? I can't help but laugh when people say all you can do is run the ball with your best player. I mean yeah, that's going to kind of be the idea all season. Give it to our best player in space and see if the other team can match up with him athletically. And when teams start overcompensating outside which they will have to do in order to fully contain him, that's when we gain an advantage inside that we wouldn't normally have.

And why would anyone judge last nights scrimmage on score alone?

Also, didn't Middlesboro also score on a pass?

Middlesboro has beaten Bell in 2 of the last 3 meetings and I think Bell is the favorite due to sheer numbers/depth. I do not think it will be a blowout. Either way, you have my vow that I will be here to talk about it afterwards.

😂😂😂 correct. We also had Randy as our Coach! Our admin was stupid and fired him over politics! Randy had those teams to where they use to be. Karma is a a$$
ThatMan98 Wrote:Are you kidding? Small line? Weak? What work did bell put in this summer? What coach did they have to help get them stronger? What team have you ever heard of not put in work during the summer and actually be successful? All I'm saying is Middlesboro is going to surprise people this year. It'll be close but not a blow out. Obviously you don't know football.

Good luck! We will not be much improved from last season. We may win 2 or maybe 3 games this season if we're lucky. Bring Randy back!
What games will we win? If we get better maybe Williamsburg, Harlan ??? Who?
Bell County - 34

Middlesboro - 13
NextGeneration Wrote:What games will we win? If we get better maybe Williamsburg, Harlan ??? Who?

Pineville,Harlan,Paris,South Laurel Williamsburg just to name a few
Will be a great atmosphere, Bell's coaching will keep the jackets in the game from what I saw Friday.
Keep dreaming trashtalker, Middlesboro was the worst team on our field Friday.

Did you go to camp with them, your judgement is impaired.
Maybe 2 of those if stars align just right. Williamsburg 50/50, the rest a lot has to happen.
Maybe 2 of those if stars align just right. Williamsburg 50/50, the rest a lot has to happen to even be in the game.
In all honesty, I think they beat Harlan for sure, Pineville, Williamsburg, and South Laurel are 50/50, Whitley Bell Paris 35/65
Middlesboro Wrote:😂😂😂 correct. We also had Randy as our Coach! Our admin was stupid and fired him over politics! Randy had those teams to where they use to be. Karma is a a$$

Coach Massengill beat Bell as well.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Coach Massengill beat Bell as well.

That is true and it has been down hill ever since that game. Including that season, 5-5-1 with the most talent we had in years. Then last year. Discipline was and is the reason it will continue. By no means have we had the talent they had , but I promise you last years talent was much better than 1-10.
We should have beaten Pineville. Other than that, we were less talented than everyone.
I've said it many times, those around the program hoped for a better season but knew that senior class had struggled at every level of football growing up.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:We should have beaten Pineville. Other than that, we were less talented than everyone.
Pineville played with tremendous heart. That was the deciding factor. Not a slight either.
In all honesty we are hoping to beat the teams in Class A district, while those in our AA district have excelled. It is so disheartening. We need to drop to Class A. I know numbers are close.
If I remember correctly Massengill had a 20 plus senior team that went 9 and 3 as juniors with Frazier the year before that we all thought would play for the state the next year. Under Massengill they under achieved their potential and only won five games and only one game last year. Martin has destroyed the athletics programs at Middleboro school systems just look at the football and the basketball win and losses and look at who he run off or fired it not about the kids at Middleboro but Martin Politics.
This game this Friday has to set tone for season and build on it.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:We should have beaten Pineville. Other than that, we were less talented than everyone.

The talent Pineville had last year was better, this year even more. Another year, same result. Middlesboro, they are very soft, they do have speed ,but when you are soft it doesn't last long. Just like Friday when your back was trying to run up middle. Face it, another long year. Mark it down by the time we play, 3-4 will be out or done. Same as last year. As you say no heart, I say soft.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:In all honesty, I think they beat Harlan for sure, Pineville, Williamsburg, and South Laurel are 50/50, Whitley Bell Paris 35/65

Harlan played awful last year at Middlesboro and Middlesboro barely won. I don't see that happening at Harlan this year with so many of Harlan's top players coming back. Harlan, Pineville and W-Burg are all about the same level, but Harlan won that district last year.
From what I've seen at the junior high level over the years, this should be Middlesboro's worst team with the classes getting better after this year's group.
Even with Bells troubles and injuries, they put a running clock on Middlesboro.
TheBoz Wrote:Even with Bells troubles and injuries, they put a running clock on Middlesboro.

Lol. Someone's feelings are hurt.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Lol. Someone's feelings are hurt.

Not my feelings, the truth. Your reasoning, we were better, but got beat. Pee-Wee football dad reasoning.
People can say all they want but if I was Middlesboro I would be more nervous about the fact that Pineville has a viscious air raid attack than the fact that Bell can rush. If I was coaching Friday night and I was the jackets I would put 8 in the box and dare Bell to air it up
TheBoz Wrote:Not my feelings, the truth. Your reasoning, we were better, but got beat. Pee-Wee football dad reasoning.

It was obvious to those at the game that Middlesboro had more than enough talent to win but that Pineville obviously wanted it more. Middlesboro was too conservative in the fourth quarter and that allowed Pineville to take home the W. Also, I think I could speak for most when I say warranted or not, Middlesboro overlooked Pineville to some degree. That will not be the case this year. All of that said we can talk about the Middlesboro Pineville game later. Right now we are solely focused on Bell County.
I really do hope that Bell's coach comes in trying to throw. Our best part of def. is secondary. We will see if he can evaluate talent or not. I hope for the later. Bell will not be as bad as most of their former coaches and our coaches hope for. They will be a solid team. Friday will come and go, in the long run it is only a opportunity to get better for bigger things.
Bell Co. 28 Middlesboro 14
I've been around the game a long time! Weather you bell county fans want to admit it or not Bell of old is gone! Middlesboro is going up if you all want to admit it or not! As far as Martin ruining sports let's take a serious look..... Russell Thompson best basketball coach MHS has had in many years..... Leaves to be a principal..... Tired to hire 2 different people that backed out because the talent level was so down... Hired a good man in Shackleford but didn't have any players and went 2-28 or something like that. Brought in a young Wilson with 2 seniors on the roster that never played varsity and started all freshman and sophomores! As for football Fraizer made it know he was done coaching after his son was gone! And wouldn't of been much of a team to start a coach off with he replaced him with Massengil.... The kids had a reality check and was asked to done things they didn't do under Randy and the season showed 5-5-1 and should of been 8-2 9-1 but it was a different team after they beat BELL County. Last years team was the most unathletic/ noncoachable team MHS has ever put on the field. But by all means blame it all on Martin!