Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump vs. Hillary
^^The sailing will not be smooth for Hillary whether an indictment lies ahead or not. The Clinton skeleton closet is so crammed full, it is exceedingly difficult to keep the door closed. And the baggage they drag around would fill boxcars.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It's great to see a Democratic stronghold like Logan County take a strong stand against one of the politicians responsible for the destruction of the coal industry. Logan County Democrats voted against their own best interests for decades before finally waking up but at least they are finally fighting back.

The problem is there are so few friends of the energy sector left in either party. The RINOs who control Congress could have stopped Obama's War on Cold but chose not to risk re-election. Politicians have been dismantling the coal industry since Reagan left office in a bi-partisan effort. The Obama administration has been the worst offender by far, but the fossil fuel companies have had more friends than enemies in the federal government for decades.

I don't know how accurate this is, but I'm hearing Logan County is 5 to 1 democratic. It may be to late, but I'm glad to see some standup for the industry.
Old School Wrote:I don't know how accurate this is, but I'm hearing Logan County is 5 to 1 democratic. It may be to late, but I'm glad to see some standup for the industry.

Your info is probably right in the ball park Old School. WV has been a traditional Democratic state, having as many as 91 Democrats in their 100 member House of Representatives at one time. Their state was one in which Republicans took control of the state House and Senate in the 2014 wave elections, the first time they have had that control in many, many years.

Most of the Democrats have been the old school (no pun intended ha) pro-union Democrats that range from socially moderate to conservative. For example, 15 of the 36 Democrats in the House voted for the Religious Freedom Restoration Act this year. The national party has chased off a lot of the old school Democrats.

From knowing someone from there and reviewing the culture of Logan County online, their representative was one of the authors of that RFRA bill and although they seem to lean heavily Democratic by party, they are conservative in values. I would expect to see more people switch parties in WV as the national Democratic Party tends to lean to the left.
must say im a dem adn think hillary is best choice for america