Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June Buchanon 64 Hazard 55
konan Wrote:yeah i guess you forgot the fact that the guy got called for the foul before the technical was called

Just because you get fouled dont give you a reason to sling elbows!! Wasnt a hard foul to begin with. Congrats on win JBS
blueyes Wrote:Why can't you just get over the fact that JBS is the better team and they actually beat Hazard!?

Congrats JBS on the win, but I don't think I would start bragging to soon. JBS and Hazard will meet possible 3 more times this season and Hazard (believe it or not) can play better basketball than they did last night. I think that was the worst coaching job I have ever seen by a Hazard coach. The Stepps way out coached Morris. What was Morris trying to prove by bringing in kids that have played very little all year? Hazard shot 22 % for the game and JBS shot 52%. You're not going to win very many games shooting that kind of precentage. Hicks played a good game, but he's got to have help, no one esle seems to be able to score. I look forward to next meeting between these teams. I think you will see a different outcome.
MATRIX Wrote:Congrats JBS on the win, but I don't think I would start bragging to soon. JBS and Hazard will meet possible 3 more times this season and Hazard (believe it or not) can play better basketball than they did last night. I think that was the worst coaching job I have ever seen by a Hazard coach. The Stepps way out coached Morris. What was Morris trying to prove by bringing in kids that have played very little all year? Hazard shot 22 % for the game and JBS shot 52%. You're not going to win very many games shooting that kind of precentage. Hicks played a good game, but he's got to have help, no one esle seems to be able to score. I look forward to next meeting between these teams. I think you will see a different outcome.
You are 100% correct.
blueyes Wrote:Why can't you just get over the fact that JBS is the better team and they actually beat Hazard!?
He never said tht u werent the better team tonight, U were the better team last night that's why u all won. It's good u all beat us, just wait for the match at memorial gym.we needed the loss to tell us that we arent invicible and we need to put in more hard work to be region champs this year. Congrats on the win JBS, i wont take anything away frm u all tonight, we'll see yall next time.
JBS's shots fell.
Hazard's shots didn't.

We'll wait for the next match.
Don't you think a thing called defense could be a reason shots don't fall?
Congrats JBS,.
3 points Wrote:Collins won the player of the game award. He had so many blocks , not sure how many and 13 points. Cox had 15 points and several steals and rebounds, Stepp had 24 points. Several of his points came from the free throw line.

yeah the collins kid did play a great game...he has so much size...i had not watched either team play this season and with JBS size i could tell this game could get out of hand and it did in the 3rd...Kudos to the COllins kid i belive i counted 6 blocked shots by him...he had tons of rebounds...the Stepp kid still took over the game for such a young player he was a true floor general makes some mental mistakes but he will come along...IMO JBS should be the favorite this year and next to win the 14th
jbs winning this one will just make the all A so much sweeter
MATRIX Wrote:Congrats JBS on the win, but I don't think I would start bragging to soon. JBS and Hazard will meet possible 3 more times this season and Hazard (believe it or not) can play better basketball than they did last night. I think that was the worst coaching job I have ever seen by a Hazard coach. The Stepps way out coached Morris. What was Morris trying to prove by bringing in kids that have played very little all year? Hazard shot 22 % for the game and JBS shot 52%. You're not going to win very many games shooting that kind of precentage. Hicks played a good game, but he's got to have help, no one esle seems to be able to score. I look forward to next meeting between these teams. I think you will see a different outcome.

when you up 19 points its good to bring in players who havent played much...give your starters a break and then put the back in...was a good coaching job on his part IMO...he shut Hicks down in the second half...not much more you could have asked of him...and i do not see how you can say he was out coached...JBS could have easly ran away w/ this one and showed that in the 3rd the only thing JBS really needs to work on is press offence...everythign else was clicking...

and to the Technical the kid from Hazard was all over him...looked like he was trying to get a piggy back ride or something lol...still didnt give the kid a right to sling elbows but emotions come a long with the game...:Thumbs:
congrats JBS
Matrix......Believe it or not and I am not bragging but JBS can play much better ball than they did last night. I can't say I like to play in Memorial Gym. Nobody likes to play there but Hazard.
Stepp and Cox was great in the backcourt tonight and Hicks was well 10/27 37% (3-14 from 3pt.)

Mr. Blueyes i know hazard got beat and jbs outshot hazard, but clark stepp is going to get a foul called on someone of anyone is around him and this is any game not just hazard.
Congrats JBS!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:when you up 19 points its good to bring in players who havent played much...give your starters a break and then put the back in...was a good coaching job on his part IMO...he shut Hicks down in the second half...not much more you could have asked of him...and i do not see how you can say he was out coached...JBS could have easly ran away w/ this one and showed that in the 3rd the only thing JBS really needs to work on is press offence...everythign else was clicking...

and to the Technical the kid from Hazard was all over him...looked like he was trying to get a piggy back ride or something lol...still didnt give the kid a right to sling elbows but emotions come a long with the game...:Thumbs:

I agree 100%! I think it was good coaching on Hazard's part... Hicks was on in the first half he was looking good, but in the 3rd he seemed to be extremely rattled and didn't play well at all... I think the coach did the right thing here by giving his starters a breather at a crucial time. Hazard did fight to stay in the game tho to their credit... they were down 19 towards the end of the 3rd and did well staying in the game in the 4th. But JBS seemed to want it more and was just the better team tonight.
Hazard fans go quiet? What happened last night, you guys were suppose to pull out the easy win by 10+. What's your excuse? I want to hear it !?
Doc John Wrote:Stepp and Cox was great in the backcourt tonight and Hicks was well 10/27 37% (3-14 from 3pt.)

I don't think you have your stats right Mr. Doc. I am going to check with the official book tonight and will post the correct stats for Hicks tomorrow. I will say even if they are correct not quite as bad as Stepps performance agianst Lex Cath when he went 4 for 27 and that's a fact. My Dawgs will have another day and when that day comes, watch out crusaders.:letsparty
You better check both official books. You have the JBS official book and the Stepp official book.
JBS is a better Team. Hicks is a better player
pickandroll Wrote:Hazard fans go quiet? What happened last night, you guys were suppose to pull out the easy win by 10+. What's your excuse? I want to hear it !?
we dont have any excuses, i already said tht we got out played and out coached that night, and congrats on the win, but i wouldnt go crazy about this win, coz u all play us at the memorial gym again.
congrats JBS!
KyGurl Wrote:Just because you get fouled dont give you a reason to sling elbows!! Wasnt a hard foul to begin with. Congrats on win JBS
It is when they are hanging off you...You got to get them off some how
Caneyboy Wrote:JBS is a better Team. Hicks is a better player
dont agree there
i agree Konan JBS is so young...Hicks is alot older then that whole team...the diffrence between the two is if u gave hicks the role players that JBS has could have been a completley diffrent game...Hazard has one stand out and IMO JBS has 5 or 6
golfman42 Wrote:Mr. Blueyes i know hazard got beat and jbs outshot hazard, but clark stepp is going to get a foul called on someone of anyone is around him and this is any game not just hazard.

First of all don't call me MR.!!! Second of all, you must have not been watching the same game I was because if anything, the refs were for Hazard. There were MANY fouls that did not get called! So if your a Hazard fan I certainly wouldnt be complaining about the officiating for this game!
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:we dont have any excuses, i already said tht we got out played and out coached that night, and congrats on the win, but i wouldnt go crazy about this win, coz u all play us at the memorial gym again.
Is this that "old Memorial Gym threat?" I agree it is very hard to get a win there. Why is that? I know we played there in a summer game and they had a ref on crutches. He was calling from one end of the floor to the other and couldn't walk. We are just proud to win the WYMT and nobody can take that away.
What is your problem? I really don't think I would be throwing off on any gym. You play in matchbox. JBS won the ymt, great, congrats, get over it. I know you guys are not used to winning anything, but you still got a long way to go before the regional championship has your name on it, and when that time comes I think Hazard and Breathitt will have something to say about it. Many teams have won the ymt and failed to win the region. So, enjoy the victory and quit throwing off on every little thing said. After watching Stepp play last night, I don't think it will hard for a good team to beat you. He really struggled and I'm sure was an embarrasment to his coaches the way he just stood out there and dribbled around and could not get past the defender. It was kind of sad to watch the so called best point guard in the state play so pathetic. Play the pressure D and he falls apart. I bet he had 8 turnovers. I'm surprised we haven't seen any of his stats.Rolleyes
3 points Wrote:Is this that "old Memorial Gym threat?" I agree it is very hard to get a win there. Why is that? I know we played there in a summer game and they had a ref on crutches. He was calling from one end of the floor to the other and couldn't walk. We are just proud to win the WYMT and nobody can take that away.
There is something about that Memorial gym that spooks everyone in the region. but what the "Pippa Passes Master Plan"
:popcorn:
congrats JBS, congrats Collins for MVP, you played a great game....BUT..Hicks out played and out scored Stepp..As for Hicks been so much older they are about the same age...JBS this just may be your year..Good Luck