Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central going nowhere fast!
If the numbers are low at JC then that's a Big Red Flag that something is wrong!!!
ducky Wrote:If the numbers are low at JC then that's a Big Red Flag that something is wrong!!!

IMO that is just called laziness. Kids don't want to work. I would guarantee you that Starns would be a huge success at a lexington or louisville school where kids actually want to play and understand what it will take to win and have a championship team.
Eagle Eye Wrote:IMO that is just called laziness. Kids don't want to work. I would guarantee you that Starns would be a huge success at a lexington or louisville school where kids actually want to play and understand what it will take to win and have a championship team.
why hasn't he been hired at a Lexington or Louisville school??? Why didn't he get the Mason job??
I'll end with this...If Mark Starn's is large and in charge and this mega-discipline coach then he needs to re-evaluate his entire program...Why does he need to ask players to come out for the team in November?? IMO that's a reflection of his ability to build and maintain a program. Why does a player (Meek), who works all summer and obviously was a big contributor get shown the door like he's expendable but a kid that doesn't play for 5 months can show up and be welcome with open arms. Somehow I'm not seeing the message he's sending with his discipline or lack there of.
I think Coach Starns should be commended for standing up for a rule he has made. If he has set forth rules for the kids to abide by and those are broken, then there are consequences for those behaviors. It's called respect for an adult....which first she be taught at home....

I say hang in there Coach for what you feel is right....no matter what anyone says.
Gatortater Wrote:I think Coach Starns should be commended for standing up for a rule he has made. If he has set forth rules for the kids to abide by and those are broken, then there are consequences for those behaviors. It's called respect for an adult....which first she be taught at home....

I say hang in there Coach for what you feel is right....no matter what anyone says.

That is understood and i agree but why was Meek treated differently than Joe whitaker, Sean Music, and other freshman on the team that have quit and came back Robert Smith i know of for sure. After Meek worked harder thananyone on the team to prepare for the season. Sean trashed the locker room and threatened Starns and Joe refused to come out, until the first scrimmage. But if he wants to lose its his job and i beleve that Starns might just want a reason to lose, so he can get out of here.
wetones45 Wrote:That is understood and i agree but why was Meek treated differently than Joe whitaker, Sean Music, and other freshman on the team that have quit and came back Robert Smith i know of for sure. After Meek worked harder thananyone on the team to prepare for the season. Sean trashed the locker room and threatened Starns and Joe refused to come out, until the first scrimmage. But if he wants to lose its his job and i beleve that Starns might just want a reason to lose, so he can get out of here.

I thought (but know for certain) that Meek had gotten a technical and became upset and quit the team. From I can understand on here, Coach Starns has certain consequences for players that get a technical. I don't know for sure...just talking after what I've read on here. Coaches, refs and umpires certainly have the most unappreciated jobs in sports !!!
wetones45 Wrote:The Johnson Central Golden Eagles have lost 8 in a row and alot of people are disappointed including myself. They are 4-9 and was expected to be on top of the region again. Alot of people say that Coach Starns is running the boys off, since he didnt let Jesse Meek come back they havent been able to win for the exeption of SC and East Carter. Meek was the most exiting player to watch on the Squad and layed in all out on the floor, so on the behalf of Johnson Countians, STUPID MOVE STARNS. There are a number of kids no-longer playing
Justin Blanton, Tommy Taylor, Zac Sargent, Coty Conley and the list goes on.
Please Starns get Meeks back and continue the winning ways,

Oh please, I'm proud of Coach Starnes for laying his foot down to Meek. Someone needed to, thats fore sure. Your right, Meek did lay it all on the floor, everytime you watched a game he was always on the floor flopping and complaining wanting a call. That goes right with the fact, of his bad attitude. I think Starnes has control of his team, they'll get it together and beat Paintsville next week. Let's Go Eagles!!!
LadyBug Wrote:In the defense of Zac Sargent quitting the team, I can assure you that it wasn't because he was tired of 7 day practices. He was one of the most devoted athletes to his team and coaches and he gave 110% everyday. Practice was not the issue. He was tired of giving 110% and only receiving 1% from the coach. IMO he didn't have the right last name.

I totally agree and know this for a fact!
Throwback Gata Black Wrote:Oh please, I'm proud of Coach Starnes for laying his foot down to Meek. Someone needed to, thats fore sure. Your right, Meek did lay it all on the floor, everytime you watched a game he was always on the floor flopping and complaining wanting a call. That goes right with the fact, of his bad attitude. I think Starnes has control of his team, they'll get it together and beat Paintsville next week. Let's Go Eagles!!!

Well there win/loss record shows it, there doing terrible without him.....bottom line. He was on the all tournement team 2 years in a row so he must have been doing something right and Starns said himself, "We just cant win without him" those words are atraight from his mouth. But are probably young and jelous so we all overlook you Throwback.
Zac is a great kid, but a coach has to put his best 5 players on the court. It would be great if every kid that puts in 110% in a sport could start all the time, but that's not the way it works.
wetones45 Wrote:Well there win/loss record shows it, there doing terrible without him.....bottom line. He was on the all tournement team 2 years in a row so he must have been doing something right and Starns said himself, "We just cant win without him" those words are atraight from his mouth. But are probably young and jelous so we all overlook you Throwback.

Throwback doesn't sound like the one that's jealous!
You seem to have it all wrong Eagle Eye. Zac not starting was not the promblem. Going from starter to the fifth sub for the night, IS... Another promblem is the fact that someone can decide to not participate in basketball for 7- months and then walk on the team with a starting position, while all the other players have been there day in and day out. Where is the reasoning in this. Was this person that great of a player that he didn't have to put in the conditioning nor the practice to earn his position or was it because of who he is????
this will be my last post on this subject. All i am saying is a kid should not have his senior year taken away by a coaches decision. This is not college ball, this is not pros. Kids only get one senior year and should enjoy it.
On another hand look what the kids from covington Holmes did during the 5/3 classic in lexington. They got 5 game suspensions. And i for one know that Starns backed the player at Mason County who comitted a felony during the sweet 16 a couple of years back. He another assistant were against the superentendents decision this could be why he is not the coach of mason county.
IMO... Starns better do something fast cuz right now he's got himself a one way ticket out of JC!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
what about Starns team rules now. Kid get's technical foul tonight at Sheldon CLark, but kid doesn't sit out the rest of the game. As Starns said on his radio show Jesse Meek was "not playing this year due to breaking team rule." Looks like Starns himself doesn't need to be coaching because of violation of team rules. Coach what is fair for one is fair for the others.
For you people who don't know it is a team rule with Starns if you get a technical first offense you don't play the rest of the game and you pay the next day at practice with extra conditioning.
Waitin for Friday Wrote:what about Starns team rules now. Kid get's technical foul tonight at Sheldon CLark, but kid doesn't sit out the rest of the game. As Starns said on his radio show Jesse Meek was "not playing this year due to breaking team rule." Looks like Starns himself doesn't need to be coaching because of violation of team rules. Coach what is fair for one is fair for the others.

Know your facts first buddy, TWO technicals results in a one game suspension. He has never suspended a kid during a game. If you bring up the Brown game, Meeks is the one who walked off the court and went to the locker room.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Know your facts first buddy, TWO technicals results in a one game suspension. He has never suspended a kid during a game. If you bring up the Brown game, Meeks is the one who walked off the court and went to the locker room.
get your facts straight my friend. Ask anyone on the team first technical you don't play the rest of that game.
Eagle Eye Wrote:IMO that is just called laziness. Kids don't want to work. I would guarantee you that Starns would be a huge success at a lexington or louisville school where kids actually want to play and understand what it will take to win and have a championship team.
Call me crazy but didn't JC win the Region in football this year? I think they have kids walking the halls that know what it takes to win a championship. JC has always had issues. You reep what you sew... politics and parents ran a good coach out of town. They are now getting exactly what they asked for. JC has more students than anybody in Eastern KY! When your numbers are that bad then you have to take a serious look in the mirror! You call the kids at JC lazy, I'm pretty sure that Matney, Bugs, Stuart, Glen etc work their kids hard on the gridiorn!
Waitin for Friday Wrote:get your facts straight my friend. Ask anyone on the team first technical you don't play the rest of that game.

Well all I can say is that is what I was told. Kyle Rice got one last year but continued playing. It is a BIG difference when a kid punches a player as in the South Floyd game and when another player is in your face talking trash all the way down the court. Ian really didn't do anything but say something to defend himself but that kid kept talking. As a coach you have to look at the situation. If that player causes the technical then he should sit but if in Ian's case a coach should give his player the benefit of the doubt. I think the Meeks talk needs to stop because it was his fault that he is not on this team not Coach Starns.
No one punched no one in the face. You are totally ridiculous. you just keep posting false stuff over and over.

By the way if someone would have been punched in the face, they would have been suspended by the KHSAA.
Waitin for Friday Wrote:No one punched no one in the face. You are totally ridiculous. you just keep posting false stuff over and over.

Sorry but I was sitting right there and saw him kind of give a forearm to the kid's head from South Floyd. I might keep posting stuff but I am not blind. Watch the game film. I think your posts are totally ridiculous by defending a hot headed player who had ego problems and given an opportunity to rejoin the team. But instead you like to take jabs at the coach and other players on that team.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Sorry but I was sitting right there and saw him kind of give a forearm to the kid's head from South Floyd. I might keep posting stuff but I am not blind. Watch the game film. I think your posts are totally ridiculous by defending a hot headed player who had ego problems and given an opportunity to rejoin the team. But instead you like to take jabs at the coach and other players on that team.
I have never taken a jab at a player on this team. I think the world of each and every one of them. I would never say one thing or call out a player. if you got a problem with me pm it.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Sorry but I was sitting right there and saw him kind of give a forearm to the kid's head from South Floyd. I might keep posting stuff but I am not blind. Watch the game film. I think your posts are totally ridiculous by defending a hot headed player who had ego problems and given an opportunity to rejoin the team. But instead you like to take jabs at the coach and other players on that team.
Your public relations commitment to this team is an all out failure. Just admit the fact that they have greatly underachieved and quit making excuses. Meeks could have been a great asset and should not have been shown the door. Starn's has shown no adjustments to his system and IMO has done a terrible job. The future of JC basketball is in jepoardy if you want the truth about it. Can you handle that Eagle Eye or are you gonna give us some more P.R. bull****!!!
Let's keep our temper's folks use your head's.
Nike Man Wrote:Your public relations commitment to this team is an all out failure. Just admit the fact that they have greatly underachieved and quit making excuses. Meeks could have been a great asset and should not have been shown the door. Starn's has shown no adjustments to his system and IMO has done a terrible job. The future of JC basketball is in jepoardy if you want the truth about it. Can you handle that Eagle Eye or are you gonna give us some more P.R. bull****!!!
Meeks could have been a great asset, I agree. But he wasn't shown the door!!! He left on his own. He just found that the door locked behind him.
not that any want my oppinion LOL!!! But I will serve it up anyhow!!
JCHS is struggling, yes!! Going nowhere...to be determined!
Starns might not be the perfect fit that we heard a couple years ago! But I do like some of the things he has done. (let people know that he IS the coach)
I heard he was headed for Morehead, is this true?
Anyway, JCHS will win their share, and lose their share, and some will be happy and some will not!
Life will go on at JCHS no matter what!
Good luck Eagles!
I am a JCHS fan all the way. The problem is the way the program has been run all the way from the Middle School on. Coaching was weak and talented kids were let go and could do what they wanted when they were young. Parents with money or power fight and postion their kids early. By the time the kids get to high schoool they have had enough. Coach Starnes, or any other coach for that matter, would have a difficult time coming in and it will take time if we want to establish a classy winning program. I do not agree with all the changes and actions of Coach Starnes, but he is a good coach and man and will make the program something to be proud of. Does the JCHS system want that, or do we want a select group of people to control the system and promote only certain select kids? Just look at the sucess the football program has had and see what changing the old system can do!
Nike Man Wrote:Your public relations commitment to this team is an all out failure. Just admit the fact that they have greatly underachieved and quit making excuses. Meeks could have been a great asset and should not have been shown the door. Starn's has shown no adjustments to his system and IMO has done a terrible job. The future of JC basketball is in jepoardy if you want the truth about it. Can you handle that Eagle Eye or are you gonna give us some more P.R. bull****!!!

I am not making excuses for this team all mighty knowledgable Nike Man. This team (if you call it that) has underachieved. I think that Jesse Meek was not shown the door but he left on his own. I know that he begged to come back but Starns would not budge. I would like you to explain where Starns has not made adjustments. He likes to press but knew he could not beat Paintsville running up and down the court. So what did he do? Slowed it down? I think that is what you call an adjustment all mighty one. I like Jesse and I like Coach Starns but I love this school and I will call it as I see it. You have your opinion and I will have mine. The bottom line is if we could back our coach (attention players and parents) we would have a decent team. Les Trimble was a great coach and person too but he let the players and parents run that team. That was some teams that underachieved if you really know what that word means.:Thumbs:
The Guru Wrote:Meeks could have been a great asset, I agree. But he wasn't shown the door!!! He left on his own. He just found that the door locked behind him.

I can't believe that you actually are agreeing with me but thanks (LOL)Smile