Poll: Who wins this District 8 matchup?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
66.67%
Hazard
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Hazard (Thoughts & Predictions) 10/2/15
I think this game is Hazards senior night and last home game for a while.
Welcome aboard Don. I think you'll take a liking to us.:Thumbs:
PHS should take this one fairly easily just going by common opponets. They play the games for a reason tho. Good luck to both sides.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Don I guess you've now found out that, contrary to popular opinion out in the county, Pikeville folks DO NOT grow fangs and drink the blood of virgins after dark.....except every other Thursday of course....

Just the lawyers... so only about 40% of the population base

Big Grin
Does Pikeville have any injuries for this game?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Just the lawyers... so only about 40% of the population base

Big Grin
No the lawyers sacrifice goats in a hidden lair beneath the Cut-Thru.....Remember?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:No the lawyers sacrifice goats in a hidden lair beneath the Cut-Thru.....Remember?

Yes, they sacrifice goats after molesting them first.:truestory:
I picked Pikeville,but BEWARE, look where the game is.
Pikeville - 34

Hazard - 21
jetpilot Wrote:Yes, they sacrifice goats after molesting them first.:truestory:
I thought it was before?!?! When did it change?!?!? IM ALWAYS THE LAST TO KNOW!!! LOL!!!
bac2369 Wrote:I think this game is Hazards senior night and last home game for a while.

Is it senior night? I know the last few years they have had senior night during the first round of playoffs.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Is it senior night? I know the last few years they have had senior night during the first round of playoffs.

It may be. I always thought they did it during the regular season.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Thoughts & Predictions.

Pikeville has not won at Hazard in this century.

Last win at Hazard was by a Matt Branham led Panther squad on September 10th, 1999.

I did some researching since the last week for Pikeville @ Hazard.

They have only played 4 times since 1999 and this one will make the 5th. Here are the past scores and dates.

Sept 7 2001 40-27
Sept 12 2003 36-22
Oct 21 2005 52-26
Nov 25 2011 57-35 ( Class A champs)
I think they have played more than that.
They have played the last two years in the Pike County Bowl with Pikeville winning both games and I think they played in 2008 also.
Pikeville 38 Hazard 28
bac2369 Wrote:Does Pikeville have any injuries for this game?

A couple banged up, but they are reserves. Not aware of any starters that should be out for Friday night.
KENTUCKY10 Wrote:I think they have played more than that.
They have played the last two years in the Pike County Bowl with Pikeville winning both games and I think they played in 2008 also.

They have. I just listed the games at Hazard since 2000.
Jarrell leads the receivers in scoring , with 5 or 6 td's with only nine receptions !!! Only 12 pass attempts !!! One of those td's coming from a kickoff return! Pretty good average for someone that gets two looks a game !!!
hunter 44 Wrote:Jarrell leads the receivers in scoring , with 5 or 6 td's with only nine receptions !!! Only 12 pass attempts !!! One of those td's coming from a kickoff return! Pretty good average for someone that gets two looks a game !!!

He's definitely under used.. He'll probably have a break out game against Hazard.
hunter 44 Wrote:Jarrell leads the receivers in scoring , with 5 or 6 td's with only nine receptions !!! Only 12 pass attempts !!! One of those td's coming from a kickoff return! Pretty good average for someone that gets two looks a game !!!

Probably the inexperience of Pikeville's young QBs has a lot to do with this.
Hopefully after the Hazard game Pikeville works on the passing game and throws it 20 times a game over the last 3 games and first playoff game. With Jarrell, Slone, Vanderbeck, McNamee, C Charles, and not to mention throwing to backs out of the backfield, there is no reason at all Pikeville's passing game can't be just as dangerous as their running game. And they are going to need that to make a deep run in the playoffs (yes Bowling Green).:Cheerlead

While I agree he is underused...he has 7 receptions...2 tds (receiving).. this does not take into account any drops...
Last years loss to Williamsburg at home, imo, took some of the luster away from their homefield advantage against a superior team. Much like it did for Raceland the following week. I dont think anyone in the east is as good as Williamsburg was last year, BUT, by comparing apples to apples, I kind of expect Pville to go in and handle this game by a comfortable margin, but it takes four quarters to really put Hazard away. Basically, the game will be alot closer than the scoreboard indicates.
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:While I agree he is underused...he has 7 receptions...2 tds (receiving).. this does not take into account any drops...

There have only been a couple. The young man has been a big plus for this team.
[quote=Live Maroon]There have only been a couple. The young man has been a big plus for this team.[/QUO

Maybe misunderstanding... not in any way being critical of his play..I think we all agree he needs a lot more touches...just clarifying numbers..for a team that only averages 9.5 passes a game ..You can see why the numbers are low....
I've posted this thought on here before. I really don't think we've seen Chattlin Jarrell at his best, and what he is capable of up to this point in the season. I agree with jetpilot, the inexperience of the young QB has a lot to do with it. Imo ,that will come as we progress toward playoff time.
Big Five-0- Wrote:I've posted this thought on here before. I really don't think we've seen Chattlin Jarrell at his best, and what he is capable of up to this point in the season. I agree with jetpilot, the inexperience of the young QB has a lot to do with it. Imo ,that will come as we progress toward playoff time.

I agree...however "young " QB is 20-29
Go Dawgs !!!
7 receptions, for being half way through the season is joke!!! Ill just leave that there !!!! Run the jet, Or put him in the backfield behind Pugh ,Charles vanderbeck !! Then watch what happens !!!
What's the weather suppose to be like for this game.
bac2369 Wrote:What's the weather suppose to be like for this game.

NASTY!!! Which I say benefits Pikeville.