•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Cabell-Midland 10/02
Daddy Fred Wrote:Coach Haywood has Belfry playing some of the best competition that he can schedule and will work into both teams schedule. Some people talk like Belfry tries to play a soft schedule. One of the teams that keep coming up is Boyle, which does appear to be a power house. Boyle's current national ranking is 509. This week we will be playing Cabell Midland who's current national ranking is 237. This doesn't sound to soft considering Belfry is currently nationally ranked at 823.

Who has them ranked 823?
pjdoug Wrote:Rebels will take you out back and lay the wood to you :ChairHit:

Rebels ain't done a damn thing worth bragging about this year lol
pjdoug Wrote:Who has them ranked 823?

My guess would be MaxPreps but I haven't looked at their site lately

MaxPreps. With Whitley County number 25,823:biggrin:
bucslover68 Wrote:MaxPreps. With Whitley County number 25,823:biggrin:

Whitley is ranked too high

Those Southern KY teams....

[Image: http://www.peakprosperity.com/sites/defa...harmin.jpg]
pjdoug Wrote:have fun while you can,because you wont be having fun if you play Boyle Smile

Boyle hasn't played anyone. Lol. Cupcake schedule.
After watching QBs lay down for the last 2.5 years to avoid getting hit by Ray Horton I can only hope he gets the chance to say hello to Mr Robbins.
Max Preps is where the ranking comes from.
Daddy Fred Wrote:Maxfrom.Preps is where the ranking comes.

For the record that is the rating prior to this week's games

It looks like the new rankings will be:

#235 Cabell Midland
#575 Belfry
#588 Boyle County

Expect Belfry to be #1 in 3A and #10 overall in the State in the newest rankings.

I don't necessarily agree with those... and any Computer is flawed... but definitely something to discuss.
My heart says Belfry. But truthfully I think they will at least keep it respectable but Cabell Midland walks away with a win on homecoming. This is the best team Belfry has played all year. However, I would like to see Midland and Johnson Central play in the regular season not a scrimmage.
CM is very good.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Boyle hasn't played anyone. Lol. Cupcake schedule.

Who has Belfry played other than a very overrated Knoxville Catholic team.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:After watching QBs lay down for the last 2.5 years to avoid getting hit by Ray Horton I can only hope he gets the chance to say hello to Mr Robbins.

Be careful what you wish for you May just see Mr Robbins in December.
Pulling for Belfry, but going with CM.

Cabell-Mid 21
Belfry 14
Jack Lambert Wrote:Who has Belfry played other than a very overrated Knoxville Catholic team.

Yes, they must have been grossly overrated. I mean that is the only logical explanation right? There"s no way Belfry could possibly be talented enough to compete for another state title.
IronMan86 Wrote:Yes, they must have been grossly overrated. I mean that is the only logical explanation right? There"s no way Belfry could possibly be talented enough to compete for another state title.

Do you honestly think they're one of the best teams in Tennessee?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Do you honestly think they're one of the best teams in Tennessee?

Can you quote me where I said that? I'll wait...
Their losses coming into last weeks game were to Christ Presbyterian Academy who is currently ranked #3 in TN and 103 nationally, and traditional TN powers in Knoxville Central and Fulton. At no point was the discussion ever about them being one of the best in Tenneesse. For you and a few others to write them off as highly overrated cupcakes just displays your intelligence, or lack thereof.

On to Cabell-Midland, who is our primary focus for this week.
Please keep this thread on subject. Belfry vs. Cabell Midland.

If you want to discuss the Belfry\Knoxville Catholic game, feel free to post in that thread.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...p?t=197171

Have a Good Day!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IronMan86 Wrote:Can you quote me where I said that? I'll wait...
Their losses coming into last weeks game were to Christ Presbyterian Academy who is currently ranked #3 in TN and 103 nationally, and traditional TN powers in Knoxville Central and Fulton. At no point was the discussion ever about them being one of the best in Tenneesse. For you and a few others to write them off as highly overrated cupcakes just displays your intelligence, or lack thereof.

On to Cabell-Midland, who is our primary focus for this week.

Not trying to troll your thread have all the respect in the world for Belfry You Questioned Boyle's Schedule and IMO to this point Belfries schedule is no stronger than Boyle's if you can't see that then it shows your intelligence, or lack there of. I congratulated Belfry on their win Friday and hope they have a good season. FYI don't make comments about Boyle unless you want to deal with their fans defending them have a good day.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Not trying to troll your thread have all the respect in the world for Belfry You Questioned Boyle's Schedule and IMO to this point Belfries schedule is no stronger than Boyle's if you can't see that then it shows your intelligence, or lack there of. I congratulated Belfry on their win Friday and hope they have a good season. FYI don't make comments about Boyle unless you want to deal with their fans defending them have a good day.

FWIW, Calpreps has Belfry's SOS so far for the teams they have played at 15.7

Boyle is slightly ahead at 16.7

Belfry's SOS will substantially increase after this week...but up to this point Calpreps agrees
Midland is better than Central and Central is better than Belfry. Give credit to Belfry they'll play anybody! Love to see Johnson Central and Ashland schedule Midland. Easy drive HUGE crowd!
Cabell- Midland will be better than anyone Belfry has faced or probably will face at any point in this season. That is not a knock on any other teams in the state, it's just my opinion which is formed partially from a source which has watched a lot of Cabell-Midland tape and has the utmost respect for them and the style they play. With the game last week and the style that KC played against them, and a different style with CM this week, it is two really good weeks of preparation for Belfry. As far as team's strength of schedule,it is really a moot point. Most of the top 3A teams are playing at least a good,if not great, representative schedule that should have them ready to go come playoff time.
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:My heart says Belfry. But truthfully I think they will at least keep it respectable but Cabell Midland walks away with a win on homecoming. This is the best team Belfry has played all year. However, I would like to see Midland and Johnson Central play in the regular season not a scrimmage.
You know the old sayin', "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!"
I'm not buying anything the state of WV is selling. I am 37 years old and just about every time in my life that a team from that state who is supposed to be this big powerhouse plays a good team from over here they smacked. Belfry wins this game!
Belfry 28
CM 22
You will get absolutely no criticism of Boyle or their schedule from this guy. In fact, I think they have been quite impressive this season.

Is Hendricks Midland's big play guy? Watched some HUDL on him a while back and my first impression was he was a superb talent.
PaytoPlay Wrote:You will get absolutely no criticism of Boyle or their schedule from this guy. In fact, I think they have been quite impressive this season.

Is Hendricks Midland's big play guy? Watched some HUDL on him a while back and my first impression was he was a superb talent.

He is their starting Slot WR and definitely their best big play threat. Their top receiving threat and they will run him on jet sweeps and such. He also starts at DB.

#2 is their starting Wingback and starts on Defense.

#36 is their Fullback and much like Belfry it all starts with him.
This should be a heck of a game but in the end the Pirates will be too much

Belfry 42

Midland 31
KY high school football is WAY WAY better than WV. Midland is the best team in WV this year. I'd say better thank J Central not quite a Scott Co to give you a good feel. Very physical and deep.
Bigcat Wrote:KY high school football is WAY WAY better than WV. Midland is the best team in WV this year. I'd say better thank J Central not quite a Scott Co to give you a good feel. Very physical and deep.

I don't know about that. I know you can't trust the score of a scrimmage, but Johnson Central has played Midland the last few years and they dominated Midland. This year it was close but JC still won.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next