Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Teams and Player in the 15th
IMO Sally Roberts should definitely be thrown in there. She's probably the top player on Valley's team-- but that's just my opinion.
Ashley Jade Howard-Magoffin County, Reigning 15th Regional Tournament MVP.
svhs-1 Wrote:Top 2-- Esther Fleming..Haley Ratliff
:thatsfunn
ruderic1 Wrote:Sure i'm sure the big D-1 coaches have time to schedule an appt with any girl who calls and wants to show them what they can do.....I DON"T THINK SO.....It don't work that way.....Coaches go after the players with the most hype and let's face it with all the talent Eastern Ky. has there is no state hype about any of them......Sorry there but you can't get your ownself noticed by calling the D-1 Coaches.....heck they wouldn't have time to coach all they would be doing is setting up times for girls to come and "try out"..

Actually, that is exactly how a lot of players get noticied. Why do you think the head coach has all of these assistants for.
High School Head Coaches, if they take the time to do it can help their players move on to the next level by promoting them.
I know of a player last year that went on to play college basketball with the help of her High School Coach and Athletic Director.
ruderic1 Wrote:Sure i'm sure the big D-1 coaches have time to schedule an appt with any girl who calls and wants to show them what they can do.....I DON"T THINK SO.....It don't work that way.....Coaches go after the players with the most hype and let's face it with all the talent Eastern Ky. has there is no state hype about any of them......Sorry there but you can't get your ownself noticed by calling the D-1 Coaches.....heck they wouldn't have time to coach all they would be doing is setting up times for girls to come and "try out"..
quit posting stuff on subjects that you have no idea what you are talking about

obviously you never had the chance to play a sport in college...if you knew anything about it then you would have not posted that...
Tricky Wrote:Ashley Jade Howard-Magoffin County, Reigning 15th Regional Tournament MVP.
In my opinion Haley Ratliff is the best player in the 15th! Ashley Howard is a great player but the best player doesn't always play for the best team, which was the case last year! Ashley was simply the best player on her team and therefore was the mvp of the region because MC was the best team!
How Many points did Haley average for her team in the tournament?
Haley Ratliff is the best in the 15th
Esther Fleming
kyballer Wrote:Haley Ratliff is the best in the 15th

So where was she and Kayla Lowe during the Sacred Heart game?
Come on!

You guys just can't give Ashley any credit! She averaged 25.0 points a game during the 15th regional Tournament, led the team in assists and steals. That is why she won the MVP. And you still try to make it out that she can't play........

She has been all 57th District since she was a 7th grader, led her team to 3 back to back 57th district titles. Her team has made the regional tournament 5 straight years since she entered varsity play as a 7th grader. Led her team to the schools very first 15th Regional Title and State Tournament appearance. She has also passed the 2000.0 point total for her career.

Just a little information that some of you don't know about her. She also played on an AAU State Championship team and played in the AAU Nationals.

SHE CAN PLAY!
agreed Tricky
Tricky Wrote:Come on!

You guys just can't give Ashley any credit! She averaged 25.0 points a game during the 15th regional Tournament, led the team in assists and steals. That is why she won the MVP. And you still try to make it out that she can't play........

She has been all 57th District since she was a 7th grader, led her team to 3 back to back 57th district titles. Her team has made the regional tournament 5 straight years since she entered varsity play as a 7th grader. Led her team to the schools very first 15th Regional Title and State Tournament appearance. She has also passed the 2000.0 point total for her career.

Just a little information that some of you don't know about her. She also played on an AAU State Championship team and played in the AAU Nationals.

SHE CAN PLAY!
I never once said that she was not a good player! I just said that I think in my opinion Haley is the better player of the two! Ashley Jade is a very good player, even though I have only seen her play 3 or 4 times, she has impressed me every time she has took the court in my presence! I am just simply stating my opinion! I was just saying, how often do you see them pick the MVP of the Regional Tournament from a losing team?
1.Ashley Jade Howard- Magoffin Co.
2.Haley Ratliff- Pike Central
3.Kendra Carroll-Paintsville
4.Kayla Lowe- Pike Central
5.Esther Fleming- Shelby Valley
6.Brittany Manns- Magoffin Co.
7.Michaela Howard-Magoffin Co.
8.Amanda Moon-Belfry
9.Heather Dean-South Floyd
10a.Meghan Slone- Prestonsburg
10b.Ashley Hall-Magoffin Co.
God this forum is starting to sound like a Slone/McCarty discussion.
Hawksfan Wrote:I was just saying, how often do you see them pick the MVP of the Regional Tournament from a losing team?

And I ask you? Who had the better tournament?
Tricky Wrote:And I ask you? Who had the better tournament?
Well I don't know if you attended the tournament or not, but I did and to tell you the truth I think that Haley did, look at the players that was surrounding Ashley Jade, she had Brittany Manns who shot lights out and she also had Micheala Howard who is a good player also! So therefore the defense couldn't be all focused on her! You don't seem to get the fact that I am giving Ashley Jade props, I mean after all that is what you was whining about in your previous post! You have your opinion and I have mine and no matter what you are not going to change mine and I will not change yours, so why don't you try being a good sport and giving Haley her props cause they are both magnificent ball players!

That's how Kendra Carroll got noticed. Her mom sent out game films of her all over and Kendra went to summer camp at Western Carolina (who she signed with a while back).
What about Lawrence Co? You see any of their players in the top ten? I wouldn't count out Chaffins or Frazier. They're good.
Hawksfan Wrote:Well I don't know if you attended the tournament or not, but I did and to tell you the truth I think that Haley did, look at the players that was surrounding Ashley Jade, she had Brittany Manns who shot lights out and she also had Micheala Howard who is a good player also! So therefore the defense couldn't be all focused on her! You don't seem to get the fact that I am giving Ashley Jade props, I mean after all that is what you was whining about in your previous post! You have your opinion and I have mine and no matter what you are not going to change mine and I will not change yours, so why don't you try being a good sport and giving Haley her props cause they are both magnificent ball players!

I am curious, since you said Haley had a better tournament what was her stats?
magic man Wrote:I am curious, since you said Haley had a better tournament what was her stats?
Not sure on stats in the tournament, but I do know that last season through 31 games,which was the end of the tournament, Haley's AVG's were points 22 game and rebounds 9.2 per game where as Ashley Jade's were 19.5 points per game and rebounds were 7.1 per game. If you know where to get stats just for the tournament then I would be glad to check them out and admit if I am wrong, cause you know I was just there watching it, not keeping stats on it, sorry!!
Both Ashley and Haley are good-- but no one has given Sally Roberts any recognition. She may not be #1 in scoring... but I believe she is one of the top all-around basketball players. She puts points on the board, she rebounds, and has probably the best defense in the region. She uses her speed to her advantage and is a very essential part of Shelby Valley's basketball team. Another one to watch out for is Laura Perkins. By the time this girl is a senior, you better watch out. By her senior year it wouldn't surprise me if she was ranked #1 player in the region as long as she learns to keep her head up.
Koobeton Wrote:Both Ashley and Haley are good-- but no one has given Sally Roberts any recognition. She may not be #1 in scoring... but I believe she is one of the top all-around basketball players. She puts points on the board, she rebounds, and has probably the best defense in the region. She uses her speed to her advantage and is a very essential part of Shelby Valley's basketball team. Another one to watch out for is Laura Perkins. By the time this girl is a senior, you better watch out. By her senior year it wouldn't surprise me if she was ranked #1 player in the region as long as she learns to keep her head up.

I agree,both are really great players
Hawksfan Wrote:Not sure on stats in the tournament, but I do know that last season through 31 games,which was the end of the tournament, Haley's AVG's were points 22 game and rebounds 9.2 per game where as Ashley Jade's were 19.5 points per game and rebounds were 7.1 per game. If you know where to get stats just for the tournament then I would be glad to check them out and admit if I am wrong, cause you know I was just there watching it, not keeping stats on it, sorry!!

Yeah, well go look at Ashley Jades steals per game and assists per game that go along with the 19.5 ppg and 7.1 rpg.
Redneck Wrote:Yeah, well go look at Ashley Jades steals per game and assists per game that go along with the 19.5 ppg and 7.1 rpg.
Ashley's Da Bomb.....:Cheerlead
I agree with Redneck about players gettin recognized by D-1 schools or any school for that matter. You have to have someone put your name out there and promote that players talents and skills. There is no exposure at all for the east ky talent. So someone has to step up and put it out there, whether it be the parents or coaches. Lets get these players names and talents noticed.