Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calloway County 73 Knott County Central 68 Final
How much were those KBA refs handed from some rich guy in Calloway County? The calls on Cornett and Justice were absurd. Nothing but two flops. Looked like Lebron taking a flop out there. Pathetic. Im not a KCC fan but this was nothing but a dang farce. The officials are a bunch of low life scumbags. You don't foul out Mr. Basketball on a dang flop. Been different if the kid from Calloway got a elbow in the teeth. Calloway County does have a great team though and congratulations to them. They may of won the game even if the fouls were not called on Justice and Cornett. Refs YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fighter09 Wrote:I completely disagree with the fact that one team can shoot 42 ft's to the other team only 17. I wasn't at the game and maybe Knott Co did get hosed on the calls. But just because there is that much of a discrepancy does not mean that the game was not called fair. Like I said I was not there, just saying if one team is much more aggressive and attacking the basket and drawing fouls then a lot of people want to blame the refs for that much of a ft difference.

I agree... I watched it online and didn't see anything one sided by any means. Folks... sometimes you just get beat, period. I guess there is a conspiracy against East KY teams since they are all at home after the first round???
dawg fan Wrote:I think Knott County's weak schedule hurt them in this game, Knott County's coaching staff did not do this team any favors playing such a weak schedule this year. But that could be the only teams that they could get to play them.

There overrated
KCC has Beat most teams with four player, just came up short tonight.
wiznut Wrote:There should have been triple amount of the calls against KCC, KCC fouled the whole game, the refs only called a 1/3 of them, they kept KCC in the game by not calling all of them. KCC is very undisciplined.
So in your mind Calloway should have shot 126 free throws, right?
The_Rock Wrote:How much were those KBA refs handed from some rich guy in Calloway County? The calls on Cornett and Justice were absurd. Nothing but two flops. Looked like Lebron taking a flop out there. Pathetic. Im not a KCC fan but this was nothing but a dang farce. The officials are a bunch of low life scumbags. You don't foul out Mr. Basketball on a dang flop. Been different if the kid from Calloway got a elbow in the teeth. Calloway County does have a great team though and congratulations to them. They may of won the game even if the fouls were not called on Justice and Cornett. Refs YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ref were great KCC sucks and got bounced in the first round.
jamesdeane Wrote:So in your mind Calloway should have shot 126 free throws, right?

It would have been justified . Hack attack basketball from hindman
One question why do get a referee from Indiana?
killerb Wrote:One question why do get a referee from Indiana?

Good question....

IMO, anybody that lives in other states should not be allowed to get a referee license in any sport the KHSAA sanctions.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Good question....

IMO, anybody that lives in other states should not be allowed to get a referee license in any sport the KHSAA sanctions.

Why not. That is ridiculous . I heard a ref from Hawaii is doing our final four games . Sounds good to me. I say let refs from other countries ref our games too.
I guess the refs that call UK games should come from Ky???
tommy2 Wrote:I guess the refs that call UK games should come from Ky???

That is great tommy 2 :hilarious:
Pulp fiction got nothing on that
Knott County should celebrate a great season and a Mr Basketball winner. Expectations may have been to high.
:biglmao:
The Word Wrote:Knott County should celebrate a great season and a Mr Basketball winner. Expectations may have been to high.

Way to high! :truestory:
The way I see it talking about the horrible flops. Knott has got more than ther share of those flop calls over the last 4 years. Turn about is fair play I watched the game and I thought it was called good. The fact that justice holds the record for made free throws in a career should tell you something. Too bad tommy hall couldn't assign the refs for this game or knott would be moving on.:hilarious:
Fighter09 Wrote:I completely disagree with the fact that one team can shoot 42 ft's to the other team only 17. I wasn't at the game and maybe Knott Co did get hosed on the calls. But just because there is that much of a discrepancy does not mean that the game was not called fair. Like I said I was not there, just saying if one team is much more aggressive and attacking the basket and drawing fouls then a lot of people want to blame the refs for that much of a ft difference.

But that's the thing I did watch the game. Knott was called on about 8 fouls to many. Calloway may have had more 1 foul. They were really disciplined though. Good luck to Calloway for the rest of the tourney.
The_Rock Wrote:How much were those KBA refs handed from some rich guy in Calloway County? The calls on Cornett and Justice were absurd. Nothing but two flops. Looked like Lebron taking a flop out there. Pathetic. Im not a KCC fan but this was nothing but a dang farce. The officials are a bunch of low life scumbags. You don't foul out Mr. Basketball on a dang flop. Been different if the kid from Calloway got a elbow in the teeth. Calloway County does have a great team though and congratulations to them. They may of won the game even if the fouls were not called on Justice and Cornett. Refs YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't hear people complaining when Cameron gets a flop called against other team.
Fact: fouls font have to be even. One team fouls more than other
Fact: teams commit fouls late to stop the clock
Fact: the number of free throws one team shoots compared to the other is irrelevant !
One team usually plays more physical than the other, presses or one plays a zone .
I wasn't at this game but find it funny people blaming refs for kids fouling !
Rick Pitino, Mike Anderson , and several other coaches make a living by fouling more times than they think refs will call. It is what it is; Knott got beat by a better team!
kcc is one and done . Get out see ya later enjoy your ride back to hindman.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Knott Central lost because of their lack of rebounding......

Say what you will...... Knott played good, but Calloway killed them on the boards.

And at the line! CC shot a TON of free throws!
Buford T Justice Wrote:The way I see it talking about the horrible flops. Knott has got more than ther share of those flop calls over the last 4 years. Turn about is fair play I watched the game and I thought it was called good. The fact that justice holds the record for made free throws in a career should tell you something. Too bad tommy hall couldn't assign the refs for this game or knott would be moving on.:hilarious:

Good luck next year in region.. Oh wait..
It is what it is. You better recruit some better players for your team next year. Sad everyone in 14th is against Knott Central just because they owned the region the past 4 years even with other teams recruiting their butts off and still cant win. Cordia up there playing 20 year olds and having a team of recruited kids. Great run KCC. Your my 2nd favorite team in the region. Hopefully Perry cant get some better calls next year.
Perry is my 2 team to pull for next year.. Knott won't be much of a contender but still gotta pull for them.. Perry is really the only other team I actually respect.. The rest? Aaaah....
It is what it is
I saw the game. It was very one sided. Sad to see refs decide a game.
[YOUTUBE="End of the road"]?v=zDKO6XYXioc[/YOUTUBE]
Will the 14th ever win another sweet 16 game
Had to get my song dedication in there. I hadn't done that this year...
The Hindman faithful have been going at it on twitter over the FT discrepancy and Cam fouling out.

I will say that the Cornett and Justice fouls were of the "ticky-tack" variety, but I've seen much worse calls. Cornett had his hip out a little bit and Justice did extend his arm on that inbound play. The other players did a good job of selling the contact and getting the call. Justice knows all about it, he made a good chunk of his career doing it. He's the all-time record holder for FTs for a reason - a good sell job goes a long way.

It stinks that they go one-and-done with all that hype. I've not seen Knott that rattled all season. If Justice hadn't have dropped about 40 they would have been in trouble.