Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JC in 07?
IRISH4 Wrote:Statements like these might come back to haunt you. He did lose some of his line, but he was an excellent running back last season. Might not have the big numbers like he did this past season...but I look for him to have another productive year. Remember though, it's those guys in the trenches that make the holes for him to run through....a lot of his success will depend on them.

Johnson Central losing lineman is not what worries me as far as him having as productive of a year as he did this past year. JC will not have a problem in replacing the 2 lineman it lost in Baldwin and Conley. Last year JC replaced 3 off the line that allowed Blume to run wild and look what happened this year. So I wouldnt worry about guys stepping up cause as long as Matney is Coach, depth will not be an issue. What will make it hard on Grim to put up the stats he had this year will be the fact that all the teams that JC plays will be keying him all game all year and that wasnt the case part of this year. The other thing will be the quality of opponents that JC will play this year. JC's schedule was a little of the mediocre side and I expect them to beef it up this year which means those yards will be harder to come by.
JC may lose a strong senior class but they also have a superpowered senior class to look forward to next year with Grim and the junior Richardson plus Preston and Ward on th line
has renovations on the new stadium started yet?
Haven't seen anything noticable.
OffTheHook Wrote:Haven't seen anything noticable.
I thought they were suppose to start over Christmas break?
Kayaker Wrote:Johnson Central losing lineman is not what worries me as far as him having as productive of a year as he did this past year. JC will not have a problem in replacing the 2 lineman it lost in Baldwin and Conley. Last year JC replaced 3 off the line that allowed Blume to run wild and look what happened this year. So I wouldnt worry about guys stepping up cause as long as Matney is Coach, depth will not be an issue. What will make it hard on Grim to put up the stats he had this year will be the fact that all the teams that JC plays will be keying him all game all year and that wasnt the case part of this year. The other thing will be the quality of opponents that JC will play this year. JC's schedule was a little of the mediocre side and I expect them to beef it up this year which means those yards will be harder to come by.

Your right, nothing to worry about that offensive line. What makes it tick, is line coach Burchet's scheme with this offense. I believe you could put about anyone up front and the chains would still move. I'm more worried about replacing, Tommy Taylor and Chris Meek on the edge. They blocked well from their receiver positions, which allowed Grim to get the sideline. I'm also worried about replacing Tackett and Johnson in the middle of the defense. But I'm not too worried about it at all to be honest, I smell a state title in 07.
I think that JC has the potential to be even better in 2007 than they were this past year. This senior class will be the largest and most talented we've had in a while, probably about 18 seniors. probably still not as athletic as the 2000 bunch of kids though, but we're getting there.

We have what potentially could be the best freshman class we have ever had coming in. It's loaded with athletes! If we can maintain our roster at 80 or so and keep 20-25 in each class we won't have to rebuild, we'll just reload.

Our boys are allot more dedicated in the weight room this year. Coach Cook has been working them hard after school and getting the most out of their workouts. I saw JK the other night at the Paintsville game and you could tell he had been on the weights hard.

From what I hear our schedule will be allot tougher out of district this year with Belfry, Conner, South Point (OH) and possibly Wheelersburg (OH) and a preseason scrimmage with Ironton (OH). I think this makes you battle tested when it comes to the playoffs. Last years Cov. Cath. team is a perfect example of a team that took some lumps from some great football teams early, but by the playoff were playing some great football.
JC will be very strong next year, they do lose a lot of talent however but it should not be too tough to bounce back from that. The team will be ready for anything. I personally cant wait until the Belfry game, should be a great one, i know the scrimmages are always fun to watch.
Keepnitreal Wrote:I think that JC has the potential to be even better in 2007 than they were this past year. This senior class will be the largest and most talented we've had in a while, probably about 18 seniors. probably still not as athletic as the 2000 bunch of kids though, but we're getting there.

We have what potentially could be the best freshman class we have ever had coming in. It's loaded with athletes! If we can maintain our roster at 80 or so and keep 20-25 in each class we won't have to rebuild, we'll just reload.

Our boys are allot more dedicated in the weight room this year. Coach Cook has been working them hard after school and getting the most out of their workouts. I saw JK the other night at the Paintsville game and you could tell he had been on the weights hard.

From what I hear our schedule will be allot tougher out of district this year with Belfry, Conner, South Point (OH) and possibly Wheelersburg (OH) and a preseason scrimmage with Ironton (OH). I think this makes you battle tested when it comes to the playoffs. Last years Cov. Cath. team is a perfect example of a team that took some lumps from some great football teams early, but by the playoff were playing some great football.

Great post. The only thing that I disagree with is that the 2000 team was athletic. That teams was a great example of lining it up and pounded the ball down your throat with its size and strength. Great team but I feel both the 2005 and 2006 team where more athletic teams than the 2000 team.
Kayaker Wrote:Great post. The only thing that I disagree with is that the 2000 team was athletic. That teams was a great example of lining it up and pounded the ball down your throat with its size and strength. Great team but I feel both the 2005 and 2006 team where more athletic teams than the 2000 team.

I think that if the 2000 team, with its size, strength and decent speed, were playing under the system that Johnson Central does now, they would have been very hard to keep out of Louisville. That was a great football team.

And yes I know they played in 4A that year......
Keepnitreal Wrote:I think that if the 2000 team, with its size, strength and decent speed, were playing under the system that Johnson Central does now, they would have been very hard to keep out of Louisville. That was a great football team.

Just wouldn't throw the ball to save their lives. Even with 11 in the box.
They will be a REALLY good team as usual. As long as they have a good line nxt year that can block for Grimm..its over. Here we go again....good luck tho JC
Keepnitreal Wrote:I think that if the 2000 team, with its size, strength and decent speed, were playing under the system that Johnson Central does now, they would have been very hard to keep out of Louisville. That was a great football team.

I totally agree with that. Bill Musick was without a great coach and motivator but his inablility or stubburness to go away from the trap and option was his downfall. Teams were going to continue to stack the line just as Tates Creek did in the 2nd round. JC had the ability to pass with Music at QB with Trimble and Shepherd on the outside as recievers. But I honestly believe had Scott Salyers not injured his knee that JC would have won a close as they did in the first meeting. But I also believe the road would have ended when they went up against Louisville Trinity in the Semi's.
j.k ratliff and bryan childers have hooked up everysense grade school....they know each other like no other.
wildman01 Wrote:j.k ratliff and bryan childers have hooked up everysense grade school....they know each other like no other.

That does'nt matter a bit in highschool football. You have to have strength and agility at this level.

Correct me if I am wrong but, wasnt the '06 team hard to keep out of Louisville?
wildman01 Wrote:j.k ratliff and bryan childers have hooked up everysense grade school....they know each other like no other.

That may be tue but Childers couldn't hardly make the field last season and has little physical strength or experience which makes a world of difference.
childers has hit the weight room hard....and has a real good set of hands
As long as Grim can keep his head from continuing to grow larger than life than JC should do well this season!
Kayaker Wrote:Great post. The only thing that I disagree with is that the 2000 team was athletic. That teams was a great example of lining it up and pounded the ball down your throat with its size and strength. Great team but I feel both the 2005 and 2006 team where more athletic teams than the 2000 team.

I'll agree to disagree with you on that, there were lineman that ran high 4's and low 5's in the 40 yard dash on the 2000 team. That's pretty athletic if you ask me, especially considering there were more than a handful that could bench press well over 300 lbs.
Throwback Gata Black Wrote:I'll agree to disagree with you on that, there were lineman that ran high 4's and low 5's in the 40 yard dash on the 2000 team. That's pretty athletic if you ask me, especially considering there were more than a handful that could bench press well over 300 lbs.

There were the same on the 2005 team. Actually, i think there were the same amount, maybe more people on the 2005 team that benched 300.

But that isn't the point, in '07, JC will have a great year
In the Lexington Herald today it said that JC would open play with Lexington Catholic. A great move on their part, a tough test against a solid NKY team to see where they stand and what needs to be improved on during the course of the year to help them make an even deeper run in the playoffs.
I believe that is wrong. I think they play at South Point, OH
It may have meant that LC opens up with Johnson Central. They are supposed to play them in their Bowl Game. Any JC followers know the exact schedule because I'm clueless.
Our schedule has not been released yet, but i belive Grizz is right about LC. This should be a great match-up for the first of the year.
i think the eagles will have a heck of yr. they have several people returning-= and the numbers they put up these season i dont seem why not.
good luck eagles.
When will the 07 schedule be released?
spring football tomorrow for jc
Are there any new faces that can become immediate impact players for the Eagles going to strap it on tomorrow?
Cash Wrote:I believe that is wrong. I think they play at South Point, OH

Im pretty certain South Point has backed out and has been replaced by LC. This should be a test for Central especially as an opener but, it may be one of the best early season battles in the state.