•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central 36 Corbin 33
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

No other Redhounds are better than the Corbin ones.

Clifford himself wouldn't have blown a 26 point lead at home
One of the finest games I've watched in 10 years .. Central has athletes all over the field and just as good on sideline.
Never seen a game end like that in my life!!!!
panther nation Wrote:I didn't have a dog in this but it seemed all the calls went Centrals way. Several no calls on holds and a few questionable calls on completed passes that look like they skipped off the ground.

Yeah a team from Louisville inner city getting calls from refs in corbin ,cmon manConfusederiously:
I guess Greer's not such a defensive genius after all!!! Couldn't happen to a bigger jack---!! Congrats to central on a great win!!
Congrats Central.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Those SEKY teams are softer than charmin.

Pulaski was supposed to be the greatest team to come out of SEKY and I am not sure they could even hang with Shelby Valley Big Grin

You are right on and about pulaski too. They are not that good.
wiznut Wrote:Yeah a team from Louisville inner city getting calls from refs in corbin ,cmon manConfusederiously:

Corbin had 105 penalty yards to Central's 35 according to the stat man.
The penalty at the end was half the distance.
corbin still cant beat a great team u up 26 to 0 and lose that tell me they cant play a lick lol good luck in 2 week in bg
A lot of eyes in CAM Stadium are going to be on a Central/South Warren score next Friday.
Kudos to the Central QB, best one that I have seen this season. Corbin never got close to getting any pressure on him the entire game though.

I also thought the Corbin offensive game plan couldn't have been better, they were pretty much unstoppable with the exception of a few drive killing penalties.
Belfry0304 Wrote:A lot of eyes in CAM Stadium are going to be on a Central/South Warren score next Friday.

If South Warren has a strong running game, I can't see Central beating them. Then again as many have pointed out and they have proven, you can never count out that Central bunch.
wiznut Wrote:Yeah a team from Louisville inner city getting calls from refs in corbin ,cmon manConfusederiously:

The refs come from all over the state to do playoff games don't they???
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The refs come from all over the state to do playoff games don't they???

The car this crew got into after the game had Jefferson County tags.:ChairHit:
SEKYFAN Wrote:Kudos to the Central QB, best one that I have seen this season. Corbin never got close to getting any pressure on him the entire game though.

I also thought the Corbin offensive game plan couldn't have been better, they were pretty much unstoppable with the exception of a few drive killing penalties.

SEKYFAN you are exactly right both coaches played to their strong points, Corbin ran at will on Central and Central Passed at will using their speed and athletes. Corbin was up 26 and knocking on the door from the 1 yard line then the refs took over 4 straight penalties. With 13 seconds left Central on their own 30 and Corbin up 3 sometimes a little luck is the only thing that can separate 2 good teams. A hail mary hits the leg of one receiver bounces into the air is caught by another central player with no time but a penalty gave them the winning opportunity. When this film is reviewed I thing the refs may have a few things to explain if the issue is pressed.
cherokee Wrote:SEKYFAN you are exactly right both coaches played to their strong points, Corbin ran at will on Central and Central Passed at will using their speed and athletes. Corbin was up 26 and knocking on the door from the 1 yard line then the refs took over 4 straight penalties. With 13 seconds left Central on their own 30 and Corbin up 3 sometimes a little luck is the only thing that can separate 2 good teams. A hail mary hits the leg of one receiver bounces into the air is caught by another central player with no time but a penalty gave them the winning opportunity. When this film is reviewed I thing the refs may have a few things to explain if the issue is pressed.
Been watching high school football for a long time. Never seen officials take over a game like that crew did the second half.
SEKYFAN Wrote:If South Warren has a strong running game, I can't see Central beating them. Then again as many have pointed out and they have proven, you can never count out that Central bunch.

Are you saying Central struggles with the run? If so, I may wear black and yellow next Friday because that's something we do pretty decent.
cherokee Wrote:SEKYFAN you are exactly right both coaches played to their strong points, Corbin ran at will on Central and Central Passed at will using their speed and athletes. Corbin was up 26 and knocking on the door from the 1 yard line then the refs took over 4 straight penalties. With 13 seconds left Central on their own 30 and Corbin up 3 sometimes a little luck is the only thing that can separate 2 good teams. A hail mary hits the leg of one receiver bounces into the air is caught by another central player with no time but a penalty gave them the winning opportunity. When this film is reviewed I thing the refs may have a few things to explain if the issue is pressed.

We were begging the side judge to call holding on their tackle who had ahold of the Corbin player's jersey outside both shoulders nearly every passing play. I will say this much, he didn't throw his flag one time on either team though, even the time the Central player unloaded with a block in the back on the Corbin player who was standing over the ball watching it roll after a punt. He turned and said he didn't see it, which was virtually impossible.

I thought the defense started playing too soft against the pass, which probably was because of having the lead and not wanting to give up the long ball. Were the 2 personal fouls on 46 good calls?
Congrats to Central. Congrats to Hounds on a great year.
SEKYFAN Wrote:We were begging the side judge to call holding on their tackle who had ahold of the Corbin player's jersey outside both shoulders nearly every passing play. I will say this much, he didn't throw his flag one time on either team though, even the time the Central player unloaded with a block in the back on the Corbin player who was standing over the ball watching it roll after a punt. He turned and said he didn't see it, which was virtually impossible.

I thought the defense started playing too soft against the pass, which probably was because of having the lead and not wanting to give up the long ball. Were the 2 personal fouls on 46 good calls?

As I said earlier, I have no dog in this fight. Nor did I care about the outcome, but I will say this is one of the few instances I would ask for review from the KHSAA
Belfry0304 Wrote:Are you saying Central struggles with the run? If so, I may wear black and yellow next Friday because that's something we do pretty decent.

Yes, Corbin averaged 6-7 yards a carry on the night if I was guessing.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Bobcat Rankings of the Past 4 Years:
1. Breathitt Co
2. Shelby Valley

3. Bell Co
4. Betsy Layne

Big Grin

pssst....EKU.... Shelby Valley are Wildcats, not Bobcats. Confusednicker:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Those SEKY teams are softer than charmin.

Pulaski was supposed to be the greatest team to come out of SEKY and I am not sure they could even hang with Shelby Valley Big Grin

That's because Valley is the best team in Pike County.
panther nation Wrote:I didn't have a dog in this but it seemed all the calls went Centrals way. Several no calls on holds and a few questionable calls on completed passes that look like they skipped off the ground.

This is 100% correct. I was there, neutral fan as my team is done. I was on the Central side, on the fence at this game. The final play literally happened RIGHT in front of me and my 2 other coach buddies who drove down to see the game. In my life I've saw Corbin get many a favorable call at their stadium (like most big name high profile teams). But tonight the flags really went Centrals way. If you watched the game, really, Corbin's run was rarely stopped itself. Although it may seem like it with that 26-0 lead in the 1st quarter that Corbin suddenly was just stopped dead. But they drove the ball the entire game. A couple of plays I thought they outthunk themselves. Some of those wide runs I didn't understand, not against that total team speed and great open field tackling of Central. But the false start penalties killed Corbin after that flawless 1st quarter. Central got smart and stopped trying to play power football and went to the short pass and they were near unstoppable. Corbin had one really big stop in the 2nd half that was nice. I didn't understand the 3 man front Corbin used, ZERO pressure on the QB...I mean this dude, the Central QB, he had time to pump fake, twice, look to his primary, secondary, and any other "ary" receivers, plus run fake, all while not a single Corbin player was able to even get close enough to shoot a spit wad at him. Why they didn't mix a few well timed blitzes at him, I have no idea. He just picked Corbin apart. #55 for Central looked like he could block an elephant it was trying to come through. Mostly with great feet, awesome hand fighting, but also he was strong as an ox and couldn't be moved. Still, Corbin by every measure should have won this game. 2 onside recoveries, GREAT running back play and run blocking. But all it takes is a couple of times running wide, to be dropped for a loss, and one false start penalty, and BOOM, it's 4th and 18. Oh, and as for the final flat, the "facemask". It wasn't a classic facemask. This happened 20 feet in front of me, on the fence. It was 3 Corbin kids on the Central kid's headgear. I hadn't saw a flag for anyone all night for being on the headgear. I know Corbin's running back was tackled up high, with Central kids up on his helmet, etc.., almost every time he was tackled in the middle of the line. That call at the end was absolutely crucial. Still, with that lead Corbin had it just should have never came to this. The flag was tough. Was it a penalty by the new rules, of staying off the headgear? Yes it was. Would I call it at that point, after not really calling that penalty all night?? I don't know. It was blatant. It was the strong #25 kid for Central who had been fairly hard to bring down. I think the Corbin kids were only thinking, "We can't let this guy go or he's going to the end zone for the TD". They just got so aggressive on the helmet...I don't know. There was no facemask, really, but maybe fingers under the helmet, from all sides. But what a call for a ref to make with the home team up, and this the only chance the away team has to win. But in the end, from a neutral fan point, WHAT A GAME! Best high-school game I've seen in my lifetime.
HS football fan Wrote:This is 100% correct. I was there, neutral fan as my team is done. I was on the Central side, on the fence at this game. The final play literally happened RIGHT in front of me and my 2 other coach buddies who drove down to see the game. In my life I've saw Corbin get many a favorable call at their stadium (like most big name high profile teams). But tonight the flags really went Centrals way. If you watched the game, really, Corbin's run was rarely stopped itself. Although it may seem like it with that 26-0 lead in the 1st quarter that Corbin suddenly was just stopped dead. But they drove the ball the entire game. A couple of plays I thought they outthunk themselves. Some of those wide runs I didn't understand, not against that total team speed and great open field tackling of Central. But the false start penalties killed Corbin after that flawless 1st quarter. Central got smart and stopped trying to play power football and went to the short pass and they were near unstoppable. Corbin had one really big stop in the 2nd half that was nice. I didn't understand the 3 man front Corbin used, ZERO pressure on the QB...I mean this dude, the Central QB, he had time to pump fake, twice, look to his primary, secondary, and any other "ary" receivers, plus run fake, all while not a single Corbin player was able to even get close enough to shoot a spit wad at him. Why they didn't mix a few well timed blitzes at him, I have no idea. He just picked Corbin apart. #55 for Central looked like he could block an elephant it was trying to come through. Mostly with great feet, awesome hand fighting, but also he was strong as an ox and couldn't be moved. Still, Corbin by every measure should have won this game. 2 onside recoveries, GREAT running back play and run blocking. But all it takes is a couple of times running wide, to be dropped for a loss, and one false start penalty, and BOOM, it's 4th and 18. Oh, and as for the final flat, the "facemask". It wasn't a classic facemask. This happened 20 feet in front of me, on the fence. It was 3 Corbin kids on the Central kid's headgear. I hadn't saw a flag for anyone all night for being on the headgear. I know Corbin's running back was tackled up high, with Central kids up on his helmet, etc.., almost every time he was tackled in the middle of the line. That call at the end was absolutely crucial. Still, with that lead Corbin had it just should have never came to this. The flag was tough. Was it a penalty by the new rules, of staying off the headgear? Yes it was. Would I call it at that point, after not really calling that penalty all night?? I don't know. It was blatant. It was the strong #25 kid for Central who had been fairly hard to bring down. I think the Corbin kids were only thinking, "We can't let this guy go or he's going to the end zone for the TD". They just got so aggressive on the helmet...I don't know. There was no facemask, really, but maybe fingers under the helmet, from all sides. But what a call for a ref to make with the home team up, and this the only chance the away team has to win. But in the end, from a neutral fan point, WHAT A GAME! Best high-school game I've seen in my lifetime.

Kid was fighting to get to the endzone. His forward progress was stopped, the whistles blew, the clock was at 00:00, and then the kid was was forced to the ground and a flag was thrown....

Well it did happen. Lol. I saw it with my own 2 eyes. But I admit, I was shocked it happened. The refs were neutral of course, not the normal hometown refs in the regular season. I thought most calls were good ones, most.

There was a blatant block in the back by Central on a Corbin punt that I have no idea how the ref didn't see. One pass was a backward pass the refs ruled an incomplete. It should have actually been a backward pass/lateral, and a fumble recovery. Although I'm not sure that mattered since it was a Central kid that recovered it anyway. I thought 2 passes in the game were trapped on the field. Not 100% sure both of them should have been called completed passes. Especially the first one. But that isn't 100%, because you'd need the big time NFL replay technology. To my human eye, it happened almost too quick. It "looked" incomplete from my vantage point (which I had a pretty good view).

Overall, despite the fact I know Central got more calls, which would be verifiable from whoever did stats. But at least 2 of the flags against Corbin were definitely legit, the false starts. One was probably a legit call, I just had players in front of me and couldn't see the guy they called move. The Corbin punt, there was a clear missed call that should have went against Central. But I could not call this game a robbery. Corbin had every chance in the world to win this. Central had every chance int he world to lose it, and many a lesser team/kid/coach might have given up just a little bit. Coach Scroggins has a pair of gonads about as big as it gets with some of his play calling. That man has proven, to me, he can coach.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Kid was fighting to get to the endzone. His forward progress was stopped, the whistles blew, the clock was at 00:00, and then the kid was was forced to the ground and a flag was thrown....

Like I said, it happened right in front of me. His progress was stopped. Refs should maybe have blew it dead quicker. But there were 3 kids on the guy's headgear. As a ref I don't know what I would have done there. If only one kid was on the headgear, I believe I'd have let it go.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Bobcat Rankings of the Past 4 Years:
1. Breathitt Co
2. Shelby Valley

3. Bell Co
4. Betsy Layne

Big Grin

Dude, we're Wildcats. Duh. :biggrin:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
To imply Central was the beneficiary of bad calls " on the road "Is laughable at best , give credit where credit is due some da#m time . Sheesh
Coachdad Wrote:To imply Central was the beneficiary of bad calls " on the road "Is laughable at best , give credit where credit is due some da#m time . Sheesh

I'm not saying who benefited from what calls, because I wasn't there. But don't act like the home team always gets the calls, that's simply untrue.

Corbin doesn't get to pick a couple local boys to officiate the game. It's the playoffs, they are assigned by the state. So no advantage to the home team.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next