Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
78 point swing?
Panther Thunder Wrote:I don't want anyone to attempt to discredit the Paintsville effort, and I know that is not what you are trying to do here, just wanted to clairfy. PHS was not missing any linemen.

I also wanted to add, because it deserves recognition and perfectly exemplifies what kind of player he is, that Cody Estep did suffer a major foot injury early in the 1st quarter. The report I have seen shows a couple of broken bones coupled with torn ligaments that will require a rather uncommon surgery. Unfortunately, it looks like there is a chance he may miss a majority of, if not all of, his senior year of baseball. Recovery time is projected 6-8 months. And that is absolutely heartbreaking for everyone who knows Cody. He is the ultimate competitor and has a deep understanding for what it means to wear the Maroon and White. The true testament to what kind of kid he is, is that he battled through what looks like a devastating injury and only missed a few plays.

He continued to play until the game was over. He informed staff of his injury and that it would limit him, but he would do whatever he could to help the team. He knew he was not himself, but when it got late, he wanted the ball to try to spark a rally. After the game, he struggled to get off the field on his own. He did what you often hear asked. He left everything he had on the field. And as a PHS Alum, I could not be proud of the legacy he will leave at PHS. I wanted to share, because the last image of Cody Estep as a Panther Football player should illustrate the true individual he is and all he has done for PHS. As well as the other seniors that will step off the field for the last time.

After watching the film PT, I couldn't figure out how he couldn't catch Kash on the sideline with his TD run but now I know but truthfully as I understand Kash played with a pulled quad. Just heard this today, but Cody is a heck of a player and his effort with a broken foot just proves it.
E's Army Wrote:I saw Pikeville without Pugh and thought they were very good. X's and 0's what did Paintsville do to make this difference?

They used alot more 2 back sets with Belcher and Hendricks both their with Kash. Running an option look that has the counter back lining up on the weak side. They pretty much got rid of spitting Hendricks out wide, except when he lined up in the slot. Defensively, the just swarmed to the football .