Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Grandpa, what's for dinner?
Homemade chili with ground sirloin and chopped smoked pork roast, pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw.
Westside Wrote:[quote=Spirit100]I want what Hoots having tonight...Confusednicker:

Going with Barbecue Chicken, mixed veggies, and loa

I hate you!

:biggrin:

:biglmao:

If it makes you feel better I had peppered beef jerky and ritz crackers last night :hilarious:. I slept thru grilled cheese and tomato soup with the fam.

And knock it off with the food on the fly crap. You can easily prepare in less than 30 mins the bbq chicken meal. Buy extra chicken breast...you'll need a skillet, or grill. Place chicken in olive oil/non gmo cooking oil.

Place range or grill to medium-high heat. Use dry rub spices or sauces to coat and cook, flipping on either side no more than three times. Will take less than 20 mins to cook. In the meantime, you can microwave steam fresh veggies. Frozen food section in local grocery will get it done or you can get fresh, cut or portion to size and microwave.

Large tater on high setting in microwave ( normally 7 mins ). Sprinkle butter and shredded cheese of choice and place for 45 seconds in microwave.

Take the advice Westside....make the time to eat well and your body will thank you. I have no problem sharing details on prep to help you id how easy it is.

I ate way too much fast food growing up and know I'll pay for it later in my 50's + age wise.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:[quote=Westside]

:biglmao:

If it makes you feel better I had peppered beef jerky and ritz crackers last night :hilarious:. I slept thru grilled cheese and tomato soup with the fam.

And knock it off with the food on the fly crap. You can easily prepare in less than 30 mins the bbq chicken meal. Buy extra chicken breast...you'll need a skillet, or grill. Place chicken in olive oil/non gmo cooking oil.

Place range or grill to medium-high heat. Use dry rub spices or sauces to coat and cook, flipping on either side no more than three times. Will take less than 20 mins to cook. In the meantime, you can microwave steam fresh veggies. Frozen food section in local grocery will get it done or you can get fresh, cut or portion to size and microwave.

Large tater on high setting in microwave ( normally 7 mins ). Sprinkle butter and shredded cheese of choice and place for 45 seconds in microwave.

Take the advice Westside....make the time to eat well and your body will thank you. I have no problem sharing details on prep to help you id how easy it is.

I ate way too much fast food growing up and know I'll pay for it later in my 50's + age wise.

I had my usual last night.
Oh Lord!!!

Canned spaghetti with meat balls, rolls and (yikes)....orange juice!!!

Will you be at state tournament this year Westside???? If so, I'm bringing you some food. Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:Oh Lord!!!

Canned spaghetti with meat balls, rolls and (yikes)....orange juice!!!

Will you be at state tournament this year Westside???? If so, I'm bringing you some food. Smile

I actually replaced the oj with a sports drink last night. I like to change things up occasionally. No Granny, I wish I was going to be there. Your offer makes it tempting though. Thanks.
Westside Wrote:I actually replaced the oj with a sports drink last night. I like to change things up occasionally. No Granny, I wish I was going to be there. Your offer makes it tempting though. Thanks.
Maybe Granny could help find you a future Ms. Westside who loves to cook or even one who loves drive thru windows. :lmao:

My wife picked up some spicy Korean fried chicken and creamy coleslaw for me this evening.
Hmmmm...Hoot has a point Westside!! How old are you??

Wink
Granny Bear Wrote:Hmmmm...Hoot has a point Westside!! How old are you??

Wink

I actually have a girlfriend. We've date 12 years straight. I've never proposed. That might be why I am eating out of a can every night.
Twelve? 12? 10 + 2???????
You deserve canned spaghetti!!!

Wink
Homemade chilli, cheese, crackers.
I bet anything that you will combine that ^^ with your spaghetti!!

Wink
Pulled pork sandwiches with KFC slaw and homemade Carolina style BBQ sauce.

Today was our office Holiday lunch (Christmas/Thanksgiving). I had a plate of turkey, chicken of the gods, chicken korma, and basmati rice, followed by homemade southern style banana pudding.
I went back to my canned goods tonight.
^^
Poor Westside; bless it's heart!!!

Banana Pudding is my husband's all time favorite desert. I use my grandmother's recipe for vanilla custard that's good even by itself!!! Strangely, he LOVES this banana pudding served still warm! But he won't turn it down, if it's been refrigerated!!

Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:^^

Banana Pudding is my husband's all time favorite desert. I use my grandmother's recipe for vanilla custard that's good even by itself!!! Strangely, he LOVES this banana pudding served still warm! But he won't turn it down, if it's been refrigerated!!

Smile

Does he like vanilla wafers in it?
TONS of them!! Then when they've soaked up all that vanilla custard, he goes to town!!!

Smile
Wife is fixing breakfast for dinner tonight!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:^^

Smile
I remember eating warm banana pudding that my mother cooked when I was a boy. It is one of those foods that is good hot or cold. A few weeks ago, I had some Steve's brand banana pudding ice cream - not as good as the real thing, but it was pretty good.
^^
I have substituted drained, crushed pineapple for bananas in that recipe. It's not bad, but not as good as bananas.

Since my husband's gallbladder surgery, we are back to using bananas all the time!

Confusednicker:
granny bear Wrote:^^
i have substituted drained, crushed pineapple for bananas in that recipe. It's not bad, but not as good as bananas.

Since my husband's gallbladder surgery, we are back to using bananas all the time!

Confusednicker:

yum yum!!!
You can add the crushed pineapples to the banana pudding, too Westside...if you're a fan of pineapple! Smile

Tell me you school again, I've forgotten. If we play you guys in basketball, I'm going to bring you some stuff.
Granny Bear Wrote:You can add the crushed pineapples to the banana pudding, too Westside...if you're a fan of pineapple! Smile

Tell me you school again, I've forgotten. If we play you guys in basketball, I'm going to bring you some stuff.

I'm a Betsy Layne Grad. You're too kind, Granny. Do you make good canned spaghetti and meatballs?
We don't play Betsy Layne Sad

Besides, asking me to bring canned spaghetti and meatballs?????

:dontthink
Granny Bear Wrote:We don't play Betsy Layne Sad

Besides, asking me to bring canned spaghetti and meatballs?????

:dontthink

I guess ill have to microwave my own spaghetti then.
Roasted Garlic Chicken Noodle Soup with Ritz Crackers. Sprite, Water, and a lot more water!

Everyone has the flu, however, we appear to be on the better side of it now after three days of %$@#^%$#$$%....in a nutshell, it's been hell!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Awww, poor Spirit Family!!!

:getwell:
Spirit100 Wrote:Roasted Garlic Chicken Noodle Soup with Ritz Crackers. Sprite, Water, and a lot more water!

Everyone has the flu, however, we appear to be on the better side of it now after three days of %$@#^%$#$$%....in a nutshell, it's been hell!

Sorry to hear you all are sick. Get well soon.
Chicken Sandwiches & Tater Tots!
Westside Wrote:Sorry to hear you all are sick. Get well soon.

Thank you...slowly getting back on a good foot. Fist night back to work tonight after missing 4 shifts last week.

Bad strain of flu...Doc said it's been putting folks down for 7-10 days so I'll be happy with 6 and back on a good enough foot to return to work!

Had combo fried rice, wonton soup, and an egg roll with hot mustard sauce ( great for the sinus "clear out" ) :rockon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, and rolls.