Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 48 Whitley County 34
Granny Bear Wrote:You guys platoon coaches like FTH platoons players.
Sup with that???

I'd just like to see a topnotch coach coaching each position Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:You guys platoon coaches like FTH platoons players.
Sup with that???

Did you check the stats and notice how many players played in each game for Whitley this year? I was impressed,but hope they dont platoon the coaches:biglmao:
Swag Jag Wrote:Awesome game and a great win. Ref tried to help but couldn't stop the Jags either. Good job on both sides.

Ref tried to help?Confusedtare:
Swag Jag Wrote:Awesome game and a great win. Ref tried to help but couldn't stop the Jags either. Good job on both sides.

No. No they didn't, not much to pick at in this one, it's our first playoff win ever, let's do it with class. Woods is a fine high school quarterback, and if Whitłey can get some defensive improvements in place they will absolutely be a contender in the newly aligned district. As for North, the unsung heroes for them are the members of a top notch offensive line. North runs to set up the run, then runs some more. You have to have good backs for that to work and they do in McFadden, Nelson and Hodges, but more importantly you better have a heck of a line. It's their biggest strength as a team. Is there anything more criminally under appreciated in all of sports than a great offensive lineman?
Van Hagar Wrote:No. No they didn't, not much to pick at in this one, it's our first playoff win ever, let's do it with class. Woods is a fine high school quarterback, and if Whitłey can get some defensive improvements in place they will absolutely be a contender in the newly aligned district. As for North, the unsung heroes for them are the members of a top notch offensive line. North runs to set up the run, then runs some more. You have to have good backs for that to work and they do in McFadden, Nelson and Hodges, but more importantly you better have a heck of a line. It's their biggest strength as a team. Is there anything more criminally under appreciated in all of sports than a great offensive lineman?

great post.I guess if you watched the game last night you could tell line play is Whitley's weakness. they are young and inexperienced and need to hit the weight room.
pjdoug Wrote:great post.I guess if you watched the game last night you could tell line play is Whitley's weakness. they are young and inexperienced and need to hit the weight room.
I wonder if they need a strength coach. i'm bored and live close. Seriously i would have those boys benching buicks in no time. If i was in HC i would try to help them but they all want me dead up there Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:I wonder if they need a strength coach. i'm bored and live close. Seriously i would have those boys benching buicks in no time. If i was in HC i would try to help them but they all want me dead up there Confusednicker:

Yeah they can use an extra coach. contact them Smile.can you hep me lose a bunch of fat that I've found in various places? Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:Yeah they can use an extra coach. contact them Smile.can you hep me lose a bunch of fat that I've found in various places? Confusednicker:
Absolutely. We can have it off by spring/summer anyway
64SUR Wrote:1. It would be a shame if Chappell is not back.
2. Whitley County has time to buy contracts out if they decide not to play corbin. Confusednicker:

Oh it will happen. Hold backs are only valuable in middle school, frosh, and jv football.

This is big boy football where 19 year olds are the same as 18 year olds.

Be ready. Ive got 8 months to talk crap on this one.

In the words of several young kids all over the world.... I know something you don't know.
Demarcus ware Wrote:I wonder if they need a strength coach. i'm bored and live close. Seriously i would have those boys benching buicks in no time. If i was in HC i would try to help them but they all want me dead up there Confusednicker:

They need the kids that are walking the hallway but didn't play.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Absolutely. We can have it off by spring/summer anyway

sounds good. I'd greatly appreciate it Smile
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Oh it will happen. Hold backs are only valuable in middle school, frosh, and jv football.

In the words of several young kids all over the world.... I know something you don't know.

let us in on the secretConfusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:They need the kids that are walking the hallway but didn't play.

I hope they get them.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:They need the kids that are walking the hallway but didn't play.
Then someone better be in those hallways after em'..
Demarcus ware Wrote:Then someone better be in those hallways after em'..

You wouldn't believe what some giants they have that dont play football. I know one is about 6ft 7 350
pjdoug Wrote:You wouldn't believe what some giants they have that dont play football. I know one is about 6ft 7 350
Holy crap. What's the issue with them not playing? I guess I'll have to go help out. I can get em out there. Lol
Demarcus ware Wrote:Holy crap. What's the issue with them not playing? I guess I'll have to go help out. I can get em out there. Lol

No desire to. I don't blame them. Theres no incentive....yet.
That's what a coach is for. Got to give them a little nudge to hit the field.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Holy crap. What's the issue with them not playing? I guess I'll have to go help out. I can get em out there. Lol

usually a big guy like that ain't interested in football or claims he is afraid he will hurt somebody.go get em lolConfusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:No desire to. I don't blame them. Theres no incentive....yet.
That's what a coach is for. Got to give them a little nudge to hit the field.

some coaches will go to the kids' house and talk to the parents about having their kids to join the team Smile
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Oh it will happen. Hold backs are only valuable in middle school, frosh, and jv football.

Really, you want to go here. Whitley bowed out of playing Corbin in Middle School due to conference rules not allowing all of Whitley's hold backs to play in the same year they were holding back...:lame:
OldSchool58 Wrote:Stop trying to cause trouble Copperhead11. I was on the sideline and none of that happened he was not yelling and any of our WC players. It was a good fault game by both teams.

Glad you spoke up, we were down there close too & didn't see or hear anything like that going on either - there were four of us. Just the normal instructions from the coach's to their players. We never heard WC or NL staff say anything to the other team period. Stirring up stuff like that is what causes hard feelings between teams. You shouldn't do that to these coach's and kids no matter how bitter you are about a situation, just not the right thing to do, man! :dontthink
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Really, you want to go here. Whitley bowed out of playing Corbin in Middle School due to conference rules not allowing all of Whitley's hold backs to play in the same year they were holding back...:lame:

Corbin and all other conference teams would not play Whitley because of ALL of their holdbacks.........Dalton Sizemore...... he was only one...he went on to play at Letcher Central and Williamsburg....So yea I'll go there...I myself tried for 2 years to get Corbin to play Middle school 2010-11. I know Coach Bryant has also tried.
Just a question, because I really don't know for sure, but don't most of these school's hold back kids now days to play sports? I know back when I played in the late 80's - 90's, no one much in SE, KY. held kids back. Most of my Pals and I were 16-17 year old Seniors. Just curious, this isn't to start a 'words war', just trying to figure out the semantics of things now days. Confusederiously:
Tight End Wrote:Just a question, because I really don't know for sure, but don't most of these school's hold back kids now days to play sports? I know back when I played in the late 80's - 90's, no one much in SE, KY. held kids back. Most of my Pals and I were 16-17 year old Seniors. Just curious, this isn't to start a 'words war', just trying to figure out the semantics of things now days. Confusederiously:

it has always happened.just more schools do it these days trying to gain an advantage.

NOT true!!! You are such a liar!!
Oh, and Happy Veterans Day!! Love you!!
Smile

pjdoug Wrote:Yeah they can use an extra coach. contact them Smile.can you hep me lose a bunch of fat that I've found in various places? Confusednicker:

He cannot help fat that has gathered between the ears!!
:lmao:

Nine, 9, IX months!!!!
Hilton again??? You trying for another legendary thread???
Confusednicker:

Tight End Wrote:Just a question, because I really don't know for sure, but don't most of these school's hold back kids now days to play sports? I know back when I played in the late 80's - 90's, no one much in SE, KY. held kids back. Most of my Pals and I were 16-17 year old Seniors. Just curious, this isn't to start a 'words war', just trying to figure out the semantics of things now days. Confusederiously:

My niece held her three for a late start because she felt like boys matured later than girls and wanted them to have that extra time. But once they started school, I don't believe they were "held back". That said, I know a ton of kids that are held back to play sports.
I'm not going to argue the point either way.....
pjdoug Wrote:it has always happened.just more schools do it these days trying to gain an advantage.

I wondered about that, because I kept hearing that some of the kids playing were 19 yr. old seniors & that would take some holding back or starting late to do if you send them to school when they are old enough to go. Thanks, just curious. I know some of the boys that I graduated with were little bitty fellows and just a few years later seeing them they were huge. A couple of years does make a BIG difference with some boys in development. :thumpsup:
Granny Bear Wrote:NOT true!!! You are such a liar!!
Smile

Nine, 9, IX months!!!!
Confusednicker:

My niece held her three for a late start because she felt like boys matured later than girls and wanted them to have that extra time. But once they started school, I don't believe they were "held back". That said, I know a ton of kids that are held back to play sports.

nothing but brains between the ears and fat is good for the brain.

Dudley is coming. mark it downConfusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:NOT true!!! You are such a liar!!
Smile

Nine, 9, IX months!!!!
Confusednicker:

Thanks Granny. Love you!!!
Great job Jags! Good team, hard work is starting to pay off!