Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 40 Caldwell County 12
Caldwell has been nothing but a paper champ the last few seasons. Murray is what they are. Had caldwell played anyone this year, lining up against jv teams will inflate ur numbers. There is no denying mayfield is a good program. But dont start beating ur chests just yet. Get past beechwood and the title is urs again.
Sounds like everyone thinks Caldwell ain't good after this. They beat Murray close to the same margin as may field. May field was just may field last night, and played maybe the best game of the season. I'll admit I didn't expect this, and should learn to never doubt what those boys will do when the odds are against them, and not doubt the coaching staff. I certantly ain't beating my chest as I think there are quite a few that look very strong this year in 1a. Could be a lot of epic dogfights coming up starting in the 3rd round of the playoffs.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Caldwell has been nothing but a paper champ the last few seasons. Murray is what they are. Had caldwell played anyone this year, lining up against jv teams will inflate ur numbers. There is no denying mayfield is a good program. But dont start beating ur chests just yet. Get past beechwood and the title is urs again.

Beechwood needs to worry about there own business before worrying about Mayfield.. The last 5 or 6 years, the Tigers have hold the distinction of being called a Paper Champion every bit as much as Caldwell.. At least Caldwell's been there recently..
Good job of offending two fan bases.
What yall don't get is that we have an ex college coach that is our defensive coordinator. He is a guru. I will promise you that you won't find many coaches that can figure out that combination to the Tigers offense. That is why I say they could still win it. I agree that DeSales and CAL are in the lead right now but, not by much. OC is not as good as Murray, that much I am certain of.
Write it down NKy, different year same results. I promise you if we come to Tiger land they are gonna tuck their tails again. Come in here and talk that crap and you are gonna earn another smack down. I know some of our fan base may buy into it this year but not I. I am 100% certain that we stopped a better offense last night. The Tigers don't have the weapons that the Tigers do. It's amazing how when we were getting ready to play them we were a 3 touchdown underdog but, when we beat them they are paper champions. I understand when we win a lot people are gonna hate us, but quite honestly it is ridiculous to get one here and tell us to fear the Tigers.
mysonis55 Wrote:What yall don't get is that we have an ex college coach that is our defensive coordinator. He is a guru. I will promise you that you won't find many coaches that can figure out that combination to the Tigers offense. That is why I say they could still win it. I agree that DeSales and CAL are in the lead right now but, not by much. OC is not as good as Murray, that much I am certain of.

I'm informing the KHSAA that mayfield has a geru. :pondering:
The guru last night threw a totally new defense out there. He used the track kid that I made reference to in preseason. Probably the next fastest kid on the team at extra safety in certain situations. This is the first time he has gotten any playing time at all other than the blowout games. He must have a mad lab in his house where he cooks up this stuff. That or he must have sold his soul.
mysonis55 Wrote:What yall don't get is that we have an ex college coach that is our defensive coordinator. He is a guru. I will promise you that you won't find many coaches that can figure out that combination to the Tigers offense. That is why I say they could still win it. I agree that DeSales and CAL are in the lead right now but, not by much. OC is not as good as Murray, that much I am certain of.

You may be right 55, not saying you ain't, but o catch is a really good team, plus keshan love is out the rest of the season for Murray, he gave Caldwell fits till he went out injured in the 3rd. One thing for sure Murray knows how to go to o catch, and pull the upset, I think they have ended there dreams 3 years in a row now.
O Cath is soft. I don't see them beating a physical Murray team. I know the soph group only has 2-3 solid players. I remember them at the hands of mms 2 years ago.
I haven't seen o catch just know they only have 1 loss to a real good owensboro team, but after what happened to owensboro last night I'm about as confused as 64 always is. How does owensboro keep it within 7 of bowling green, then turn around, and get pig stomped by Henderson county.
55 you should have took on tops 20$ bet, and gave him 14. You would have looked like a genius instead of back peddling on that bet.
64SUR Wrote:I'm informing the KHSAA that mayfield has a geru. :pondering:
:biglmao:
mysonis55 Wrote:The guru last night threw a totally new defense out there. He used the track kid that I made reference to in preseason. Probably the next fastest kid on the team at extra safety in certain situations. This is the first time he has gotten any playing time at all other than the blowout games. He must have a mad lab in his house where he cooks up this stuff. That or he must have sold his soul.

with all the track stars you have waiting on the bench beside the guru nobody can compete.seriously :biglmao:
mysonis55 Wrote:Once again Killbilly, we won at the line of scrimmage. I believe someone mentioned that at breakfast this morning. The new defense also helped. That is correct for all talk who told me that we would not make changes this late in the year. We did and it worked. We still have a lot more changes we can make.

Mayfield seperated themselves from everybody with this performance and I have no doubt will be the favorite for the state championship. However, with all due respect you didn't say anything about changes on defense. You said they had an entirely different offensive scheme that they were keeping to themselves. Defensive changes are very easy to make. For the most part no matter what defense you throw out your defensive backs will either be in a zone or man. That doesn't change. Your linebackers will still have stunts and so will your defensive lineman regardless of the defense you run. Different looks help you with different offenses, and even adding an additional safety or a rover will essentially keep only change assignments on a miniscule level. That is a lot different than having a team come out with a completely different offense from what they've been running.
You weren't there so I don't expect you to understand. It wasn't just different schemes but different personnel used. Picture Highlands offense scheme on defense. We would run a play and 2-3 players would sprint to the sideline and another2-3 would come in. It was that way all night. I'm sure the fans have seen a glimpse of the changes in offense too over the past couple weeks. It's coming, just wait.
mysonis55 Wrote:You weren't there so I don't expect you to understand. It wasn't just different schemes but different personnel used. Picture Highlands offense scheme on defense. We would run a play and 2-3 players would sprint to the sideline and another2-3 would come in. It was that way all night. I'm sure the fans have seen a glimpse of the changes in offense too over the past couple weeks. It's coming, just wait.

How many players does Mayfield have on their roster?
pjdoug Wrote:How many players does Mayfield have on their roster?

53+/-
60. However, we had 1 or 2 quit. We had a starter tear an acl. We had 2 freshmen break their arm. We had a jr hurt his ankle. We had a soph that had surgery. So actually in playing shape, 53.
good numbers for a 1A school.my 5A school did have less players than that and that has been part of their problem.
Build it and they will come.
mysonis55 Wrote:Build it and they will come.

they're coming.
mysonis55 Wrote:You weren't there so I don't expect you to understand. It wasn't just different schemes but different personnel used. Picture Highlands offense scheme on defense. We would run a play and 2-3 players would sprint to the sideline and another2-3 would come in. It was that way all night. I'm sure the fans have seen a glimpse of the changes in offense too over the past couple weeks. It's coming, just wait.

So it was an alternate substitution plan with a different defense against the best team you've faced? Those are called adjustments. Every great defensive coordinator can do this and it sounds like you have a good one? However, when I commented on the changes it was when you said they had a different offensive scheme. Nothing at all about offense.
Looks like there are a lot of people that just want to find a way to prove 55 wrong. His team just beat the bejesus out of a good team, so its a bad time to try to make him look bad. Besides just because they haven't shown a new offensive package yet doesn't mean they won't. Why in the heck would the coach show it when there are great teams down the road when it really counts. Caldwell ain't even really a rival. Its just been a big game lately, because they have been relevant the last few years after many years of being average. After this year there won't be as big a deal made about this match up.
I can't wait to see that prick at work avoid me after 2 weeks straight of him saying we are going to dominate mayfield.
I could care less about all that. I have no doubt that Mayfield will be the favorite and should win. They haven't shown anything new offensively and they still might, but he was trying to prove he was right in regards to the defensive changes. That was never apart of the discussion. I am not trying to make him look bad. He's actually the one that tried to call everyone out at the beginning of the thread by saying the defensive adjustments proved he was right. If he wouldn't have opened that door then this discussion never would've happened. I've defended Mayfield several times on here, but what I don't agree with is when people post things that are blatantly untrue. I don't know if the changes to the offense comment he made was true because that hasn't happened yet, but I do know trying to say he proved his point due to some substitution changes on defense is not relevant and he should've never tried to use that as an example of him being correct. If they come out with a completely different offensive scheme in the playoffs then I'll be the first to admit I was wrong, but don't try and make myself and others look bad with something that isn't relevant to the discussion. I understand you want to defend him, but defending people blindly can be negligent in this manner.
No one has to defend me. I stand on my own just fine. The point I was making with the defense was that if they can change it mid season completely, why would anyone say they won't on offense. And yes, if you paid any attention at all you would see some of the subtle changes on offense in the last couple games. They have more too. I have seen it. The thing is, if we don't get tested, we may never see it. There is still a couple of position changes at times that I expect to see and hope to see.
The thing is if Kelly Carmen keeps destroying 2 defenders per play, we can just line up in the I and run old school all the time.
Sorry the dang auto correct got me, that's Kel Carmen.
By the way, is Kel getting any looks from colleges. I've not read or heard anyone saying anything about it if he has. I expected him to at the start of the season. He's got good footwork and good size and figure he could at least play at a DII level and maybe even lower D1 level..