Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 38 Harlan County 20
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:I consider myself to be knowledgable when it comes to football, and I'm here to tell ya right now this Belfry team is very, very impressive!

Let me start by sending praise to the defense. There defense is super good. D line is big and very athletic these guys get after the ball. I especially like the way #40 plays defensive end this kid does not miss a assignment and contains or stretches everything that comes his way. Linebackers are head hunters with good speed and very physical, and I know it's early to brag on the secondary but there very athletic with good speed. To only surrender 6 points thru 2 games against a top ten 6A and a top ten 5A speaks for itself.

Moving over to the offense, it all starts with the hogs upfront and boy does Belfry have the hogs in the trenches. These guys dominate the line of scrimmage. Huge, strong and very disciplined. The backfield is loaded with talent, they can throw 8 different backs at a team all night long. The timing is still getting lined out, but like all Haywood teams it's a work in progress just getting better each week.

Belfry could have beat Harlan Co. By 50 tonight if Haywood wasn't such a class act. Harlan Co. Has some really nice athletes and a very big line as well, but this Belfry team is special. If they can stay grounded and focus on getting better each week then I don't think there is a team in 3A that can touch them. I think as of right now this team could be one of the top 10 teams in the state. (Just my opinion)
Heck every team at Belfry seems to be special. Their program has become so good, anything less than a state championship is seen as a bad season. I really don't remember a program being this good and actually playing in the state companionship almost every year. WOW! To go along with that their coach is such a class act. He is truly a legend!
Hmmmm close game! waiting........ waiting......
See you in Louisa KyRock
Congratulations Belfry Pirates on your victory!!

I'm still very proud of my Black Bears because THIS time, they never gave up!!!

Confusednicker:

[YOUTUBE="Dream On...."]yyfNHlqymP8[/YOUTUBE][/QUOTE]
Here you go Harlan County fans that drove three hours to watch this massacre...

And how far did your dumbass drive to watch Whitley County get broken apart?

Confusednicker:

[YOUTUBE="Dream On...."]yyfNHlqymP8[/YOUTUBE][/QUOTE]
Granny Bear Wrote:Here you go Harlan County fans that drove three hours to watch this massacre...

And how far did your dumbass drive to watch Whitley County get broken apart?

Confusednicker:

[YOUTUBE="Dream On...."]yyfNHlqymP8[/YOUTUBE]
[/QUOTE]

A mod should be able to correctly quote a post Confusednicker:

And I didn't. I sit in my recliner and listened on the radio. Not driving back mad at the world saves a lot of stress on the ole ticker.
belfry is the real deal, would like to see them and pulaski co. be playing each other would be a very good match up imo...
Hats off to the Black Bears for not giving in. Although the late scores came a little easier on the reserves as already stated earlier in the thread. Joplin is continuing to prove himself as a solid back. He had some good carries and long runs. X shows his ability to get to the outside and find a seem and he hits it. Good vision. Then there is Mr. Hatfield. Yes he deserves to be called Mister...... LOL. Belfry will sure miss him after this season. One Harlan Co fan even asked what grade he was in. After telling them he was a senior, their response was GOOD!!! LOL. HE IS A BEAST. I really don't think he can be stopped. He runs like he is mad and with a purpose. The defense once again played a very solid game. Horton, Whitt, and Bently on the D line was plugging the middle all night. Whitt was taking on double teams and winning. The Kid is stout and will only get better in the next two years. Very good linebacker play tonght also. Stanley was in the backfield numerous times causing all kinds of chaos. Secondary wasn't really tested that much but what was thrown at them seemed to be covered pretty well. It could have been a worse outcome but in typical Haywood form he called off the dogs and the final score is not an indication as to how dominate Belfry actually was.
irishcard16 Wrote:See you in Louisa KyRock

I love giving Belfry Fans a hard time they are one group of Fans I love to get fired up! I am hoping LC will win as always but even I'm not that dumb. I have to be realistic and hope LC will be able to make it a good game. Offensively I think we are almost there but Defensively I'm not sure about. We have alot of talent and potential "O" and "D" but that can only get you so far. I expect LC to win as I do every time they step on the field no matter who it is thats just me though. I am looking forward to the game and playing Belfry, WV Confusednicker:. I am being realistic but I am also gonna keep talking trash!:biglmao:
Congrats Belfry on the big win. I honestly thought Harlan County would give you a little better game then Henry Clay did.:worthy:

A mod should be able to correctly quote a post Confusednicker:

And I didn't. I sit in my recliner and listened on the radio. Not driving back mad at the world saves a lot of stress on the ole ticker.[/QUOTE]

You are correct! But every time I "corectly quoted", and wrote a response, whenever I tried to submit it it would give me an error message that said my post was too small and to add at least one character. I believe that you probably put something on the YouTube vid to deter any "quotes".

And you didn't attend the Bell/Whitley game??? So you just flat out lied to bear claw.
kcfan#1 Wrote:belfry is the real deal, would like to see them and pulaski co. be playing each other would be a very good match up imo...

Confusednicker:
KyRock Wrote:I love giving Belfry Fans a hard time they are one group of Fans I love to get fired up! I am hoping LC will win as always but even I'm not that dumb. I have to be realistic and hope LC will be able to make it a good game. Offensively I think we are almost there but Defensively I'm not sure about. We have alot of talent and potential "O" and "D" but that can only get you so far. I expect LC to win as I do every time they step on the field no matter who it is thats just me though. I am looking forward to the game and playing Belfry, WV Confusednicker:. I am being realistic but I am also gonna keep talking trash!:biglmao:

:biglmao:
Had a great drive to a class program and Coach. I have to call it for what it is, Belfry is much better than we are. We did not quit but that is not in us, we don't quit. When they hit 36 they sub and we scored on subs. We will get better. Thanks to Belfry fans and Thanks to the Bears for the effort. Hang in there Bears I am proud of you guys.
Got beat by a great team and the Bears gained valuable experience. Never laid down. Was proud of their efforts. Good luck to the Pirates! Win 3A! I loved Cam Stadium and the atmosphere there. On to Knox Central....
Granny Bear Wrote:A mod should be able to correctly quote a post Confusednicker:

And I didn't. I sit in my recliner and listened on the radio. Not driving back mad at the world saves a lot of stress on the ole ticker.

You are correct! But every time I "corectly quoted", and wrote a response, whenever I tried to submit it it would give me an error message that said my post was too small and to add at least one character. I believe that you probably put something on the YouTube vid to deter any "quotes".

And you didn't attend the Bell/Whitley game??? So you just flat out lied to bear claw.[/QUOTE]

Its because you were typing your response inside the quote.

Meaning, you didn't scroll down far enough. I had a big space in there.

I wasn't going to go unless Bearclaw went with me.
Have you spoken to bear claw??? Evidently not. He DID go.
Mama Bear Wrote:Got beat by a great team and the Bears gained valuable experience. Never laid down. Was proud of their efforts. Good luck to the Pirates! Win 3A! I loved Cam Stadium and the atmosphere there. On to Knox Central....

Thanks Mama Bear. We hope that you were made to feel welcome at our place. Harlan County has classy fans and a great program. I hope this series continues for years to come.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Me too!! Black Bears had a great tail gate and visit with those pondy Pirates!! I am; however, extremely upset with YOU!!!

And you know why!
Granny Bear Wrote:Me too!! Black Bears had a great tail gate and visit with those pondy Pirates!! I am; however, extremely upset with YOU!!!

And you know why!

??
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
No surprises here for me. Belfry is a man child this year.

Black Bears keep your heads up. You played one of the best teams in the state last night.

Good luck to both next week.
BelfryPride Wrote:??

Where WERE you last night??? You promised to make that game wayyyy back at Burborn County!! YES, I remember.
Granny Bear Wrote:Have you spoken to bear claw??? Evidently not. He DID go.

He should have told me on here. I would have went. I was in Corbin.
Great game Belfry!! Sure looks like another state title this year. Best of luck the rest of the year. Except when you play JC!!!!!
Didn't expect the blowout! Hats off to Belfry! I too hope to see these teams play again. Hat that I missed the trip. But had more important matters.

Glad Gut can rub in another team that he has no association beating the Bears. Always good to have the haters!

Learn and move on Black Bears!

Good Luck the rest of the way Belfry.
Patriot Wrote:Didn't expect the blowout! Hats off to Belfry! I too hope to see these teams play again. Hat that I missed the trip. But had more important matters.

Glad Gut can rub in another team that he has no association beating the Bears. Always good to have the haters!

Learn and move on Black Bears!

Good Luck the rest of the way Belfry.

I so solemnly swear that as long as a RunItUpTheGut exist, he will hate the Teddy Bear organization.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Black Bears rolled into CAM and got their head kicked in. No two ways about it, I hope driving all over the reserves to make the score look pretty helps Larkey sleep, because he just took a whipping. Belfry subbed VERY early. Score doesn't indicate this game at all, it was never in doubt.
What would you have Larkey do? Play till the final horn right? Do u even football bro? Confusednicker: Congrats to the pirates and all the good fans. We will regroup and continue on. It was a blast meeting everyone.
It was a pleasure hosting the Black Bears at the CAM... Meeting Demarcus and seeing Granny Bear again!!!
I had a guy message me on FB last night, telling me that Coach Haywood should not have put in our reserves that soon. I reinformed him that, that wasn't how Coach Haywood was! He will not run a score up on an opponent, it just shows the class that he has! I can respect him a lot for that!
As for the game, Belfry defense continues to impress me! Esp. #66- Whitt, the kid is tough to handle!!! He's becoming a beast!!!
I wish nothing but the best of luck for the Black Bears and really hope we keep this contest going for many years!!! You all are a great group of people, we love our team like you love yours!! Until next time... Good luck.... GOD BLESS AND GO BELFRY AND GO BLACK BEARS!
^
I would have left in the starters and put up 80 on them
:goofy:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi