Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far will JC make it?
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:The reason they lost to Highlands that year is because Highlands could have beat some small colleges that year. J-LO, Derek Smith and company was unstoppable that year.

True but they still only beat SC by 16.
I think the state-semi's this season are at Region 2 and Region 4 respectively. It's an even year, meaning they play at an even region's field...unless they changed that this year too.
yea i think they left that alone
it would suck to have to travel to region 3 back 2 back, no disrespect to the teams there though, i just hate the drive lol:HitWall:
IRISH4 Wrote:I think the state-semi's this season are at Region 2 and Region 4 respectively. It's an even year, meaning they play at an even region's field...unless they changed that this year too.

You are correct. Those have not changed under the new playoff format. Region 3 will be coming down to play Region 4 whomever that may be.
I hope JC makes it that far, would love to watch them play Highlands or Cov. Cath...preferably Highlands. I saw in the latest ratings that JC and Highlands are tied for #2...best way to solve who is the better of the schools is to play.
JC has a team that is fundamentally solid with a decent amount of depth to allow for minor injuries or breathers for the starters. They have an awesome line on both sides of the ball and backs that are lightning fast.

With that being said, they can't afford to overlook anyone or get caught looking ahead. Any team they play after the first round of the playoffs COULD beat them. I see them going to the semis IMO if they play well every game and don't let up. With a little luck they could be in the finals. If they get that far, it won't be a cake walk, but I wouldn't want to bet against them.
finish it off_1 Wrote:i agree highlands has a good team.. and it will be hard ta beat them with ease at highlands..
Hard to beat Highlands or Cov.Cath anywhere,any place,anytime........Especially up North.
Then you just have to play Bowling green. JC has a good team and If a Bell or Rock don't get them, Highlands or Cath will. JC can make it to the North and it's all over. I would bet on that any day of the week.
mike9345 Wrote:state champions!!! If they don't over look someone, which imo I don't think that matney will let that happen.
How could you overlook a Bell or Rock? Best thing that could happen is for Highlands to overlook them if they make it. Matney has done a great job, Great year for JC, BUT a Highlands is out of their league, Highlands at Highlands would crush JC.
Highlands beat Mad.Central 49-3 and played Lou. ST.X within 2 td's 35-21.
I hope we have 3 teams from the montains win it but that wont happen and nobody from the mountains could challenge ST.X WITHIN 50 POINTS, Highlands played them within 2 touchdowns.
The game will be at JC if they make it that far.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:Highlands beat Mad.Central 49-3 and played Lou. ST.X within 2 td's 35-21.
I hope we have 3 teams from the montains win it but that wont happen and nobody from the mountains could challenge ST.X WITHIN 50 POINTS, Highlands played them within 2 touchdowns.
ST. X against other AAA schools.

Beat Bowling Green 15-7
Beat LexCath 47-0
Moe Wrote:ST. X against other AAA schools.

Beat Bowling Green 15-7
Beat LexCath 47-0
Neither is from the mountains, Highlands and Bg play for the title, Mark it down.
that sounds about right
I think they will give bell or rock a great game but I don't think they will come away with it. probably regions.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:How could you overlook a Bell or Rock? Best thing that could happen is for Highlands to overlook them if they make it. Matney has done a great job, Great year for JC, BUT a Highlands is out of their league, Highlands at Highlands would crush JC.

I think JC will be able to play with Highlands. I don't think it will be easy and if they want it bad enough i believe it is possible for them to come away with the win. Highlands won't be as physical. JC will hit them harder than they've been hit this year. But Highlands depth and skill level is always top notch. However Rockcastle is going to be a tough game. I just hope they make it past rock injury free.
yea, JC stands a good chance as long as they dont get big heads and stay injury free
finish it off_1 Wrote:i agree highlands has a good team.. and it will be hard ta beat them with ease at highlands..

Getum-Choppin Wrote:Highlands at Highlands would crush JC.

Should they play, it will be AT Johnson Central, which makes a world of difference. Highlands better worry about Cov Cath, Cov Cath layed it to em tonight.
Redneck Wrote:Should they play, it will be AT Johnson Central, which makes a world of difference. Highlands better worry about Cov Cath, Cov Cath layed it to em tonight.

this is true, should be a good match between the two
I hope they play em, and I hope ALL of EKY is there to cheer them on. I seen first hand last year at the Apple Bowl at JC how great the atmosphere was, it was AMAZING. Just imagine the STATE SEMI'S, JC would have to have metal bleachers put ALL around the track to seat that many people, and it STILL wouldn't be enough. You get an atmosphere that big and so close to you on the field and EVERYONE is against you, yelling at you so loud you can't think, NKY team will have a VERY tough task ahead of them. GO EAGLES!!! And this is coming from a Paintsville alumni and fan.
Redneck Wrote:I hope they play em, and I hope ALL of EKY is there to cheer them on. I seen first hand last year at the Apple Bowl at JC how great the atmosphere was, it was AMAZING. Just imagine the STATE SEMI'S, JC would have to have metal bleachers put ALL around the track to seat that many people, and it STILL wouldn't be enough. You get an atmosphere that big and so close to you on the field and EVERYONE is against you, yelling at you so loud you can't think, NKY team will have a VERY tough task ahead of them. GO EAGLES!!! And this is coming from a Paintsville alumni and fan.

Im more than sure if JC makes it that far, whatever teams that arent playing in EKY by then will be there to support the eagles
Panther#42 Wrote:Im more than sure if JC makes it that far, whatever teams that arent playing in EKY by then will be there to support the eagles

If JC makes it further than Ashland, I'll certainly be around to wish them well, unless Russell plays Belfry, that week I'll have to attend that game if possible.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
They are bringing it home this year I do believe! But it might hurt where they haven't even been in a battle this entire season!
Tomcat68 Wrote:If JC makes it further than Ashland, I'll certainly be around to wish them well, unless Russell plays Belfry, that week I'll have to attend that game if possible.

JC didn't have a problem beating the socks off Ashland a week or so ago, so what makes you think they (JC) couldn't do it again in the next couple of weeks? You Ashland folks might as well admit it you can not hang with JC this year. You will go home after week 2 of the playoffs!!!! :howdy:
I can assure you that JC is not overlooking ANY game. The boys talk about each game as if it is the championship. They know that NO team can be overlooked. The boys don't have their heads in the clouds. Besides, Matney wouldn't let them. JC has a great group of athletes.

It would be absolutely wonderful for JC to play for the state championship. JC set a record as they are the 2nd team in JC history to have a 10-0 record.

I'll follow the Eagles all the way to Papa John's Stadium!!!! Go Eagles!!!
JC is going all the way this year
Eagle Fan Wrote:JC didn't have a problem beating the socks off Ashland a week or so ago, so what makes you think they (JC) couldn't do it again in the next couple of weeks? You Ashland folks might as well admit it you can not hang with JC this year. You will go home after week 2 of the playoffs!!!! :howdy:

And this is exactly why they play the games on Fridays and we don't. Any team can be beaten at any time. I'm sure the players at JC do not share the same attitude that you do. If they do then they could be in for a long night and an early exit from the playoffs.
Tomcat68 Wrote:If JC makes it further than Ashland, I'll certainly be around to wish them well, unless Russell plays Belfry, that week I'll have to attend that game if possible.

68 I'll give you a ride to that game if we make it that far.:thumpsup:
hoopster Wrote:I can assure you that JC is not overlooking ANY game. The boys talk about each game as if it is the championship. They know that NO team can be overlooked. The boys don't have their heads in the clouds. Besides, Matney wouldn't let them. JC has a great group of athletes.

It would be absolutely wonderful for JC to play for the state championship. JC set a record as they are the 2nd team in JC history to have a 10-0 record.

I'll follow the Eagles all the way to Papa John's Stadium!!!! Go Eagles!!!

THAT IS THE ATTITUDE THAT IT WILL TAKE TO MAKE SURE THEY GET THERE!!
Midee1 Wrote:And this is exactly why they play the games on Fridays and we don't. Any team can be beaten at any time. I'm sure the players at JC do not share the same attitude that you do. If they do then they could be in for a long night and an early exit from the playoffs.

:thumpsup: Well stated. That is why JC is undefeated, they are not full of themselves nor do they take ANY game for granted. Matney has done a great job with this teams focus, which is just as important as the talent on the field.
JC will lose a heartbreaker to Rockastle in the region finals.