Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10
HAROLD Wrote:Corbin beat Knox Central last year 27-0 and returns dang near everyone so that alone says this top 10 is ridiculous. I hope folks keep sleeping on the Redhounds though.

Knox Central shouldn't be listed in top 10
oldhound70s Wrote:I don't consider PC a mountain school. I don't they consider themselves a mountain school either.

May have something to do with Hal Roger...Just sayin money talk Confusedhh:
wildcats fan Wrote:1. Pulaski County 14-1
2. Belfry 14-1
3. Johnson Central 11-1
4. Bell County 7-5
5. Harlan County 8-4
6. Middlesboro 9-3
7. Prestonsburg 7-6
8. Williamsburg 11-3
9. Hazard 11-2
10. Knox Central 6-5

Please bring Derrick Forrest back and give him a raise
oldhound70s Wrote:I don't consider PC a mountain school. I don't they consider themselves a mountain school either.

The players and coaches actually consider themselves part of the 'Mountains.'

The poll includes teams that are in the WYMT coverage area, which in some people's opinion includes teams that may or may not be 'Mountain.'

-Josh McKinney
StrikeoutKing Wrote:The players and coaches actually consider themselves part of the 'Mountains.'

The poll includes teams that are in the WYMT coverage area, which in some people's opinion includes teams that may or may not be 'Mountain.'

-Josh McKinney

Well in my opinion they are not a mountain team. Pulaski co does not even compare to Harlan, Bell, Pike, Johnson etc counties. I don't recall any mountains in PC. Hills yes, but not mountains. Regardless, they have an awesome team and I'm afraid they will crush my hounds.
Is Somerset and southwestern consider mountain teams just curious. Don't ever remember them in a top ten just sayin I may be wrong.
1. Pulaski County
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Bell County
5. Williamsburg
6. Corbin
7. Prestonsburg
8. Harlan County
9. Hazard
10. Pikeville

Honorable Mentions-Paintsville, Knox Central, Pike Central, Lawrence County

I don't rank my teams by who could beat who, but by what kind of year I think they will have in their class. In no way do I think Williamsburg could beat Corbin Harlan County or Prestonsburg but I think they will have a better year then those teams. You can laugh all you want about Lawrence County being on my honorable mention list but I think the Dawg's will be in the top ten by the end of this season.
Since WYMT has the new channel now won't Sports Overtime be extended?
oldhound70s Wrote:Well in my opinion they are not a mountain team. Pulaski co does not even compare to Harlan, Bell, Pike, Johnson etc counties. I don't recall any mountains in PC. Hills yes, but not mountains. Regardless, they have an awesome team and I'm afraid they will crush my hounds.

That's just it!

Its not about whos a "mountain" school!

It is the teams in the COVERAGE area.
If Lexington picked up WYMT they would have a right to have teams included.
Pulaski County teams have always been apart of these rankings, nothing was ever said before because only Somerset ever cracked it. Now that teams like Pulaski and im sure soon to be SW are in it, people don't like it because there team isn't. Im personally fine with it.
If Pulaski isn't a mountain school, Corbin shouldn't be either. I lived in Corbin my entire life until a recent move and Somerset has just as many hills, mountains, and creeks as Corbin does.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Believe me, a group of us tried to push the show back to 40 minutes, but like I said before, my opinion doesn't mean much (and not just on BGR...haha). Having Milam and Derek and some other guys make an appearance isn't a bad idea, but they all do shows on Friday nights too, and at the same time.

Rankings don't mean anything as it is, but especially preseason rankings. They're all speculation. The way it looks now will be very, very different in 4-5 weeks IMO.

There shows aren't as important :biggrin:
I agree with the rankings. As you said though, it would be stupid not to have them, even if they are controversial. I don't think most members realize just how small you're crew is and how little of each team you can see. There not the ones driving to 15 different ball games to catch a few good clips every Friday. I do wish we had more air time though. I think people loved the days of almost every single mountain game getting covered and talked about. Nobody watches Letterman anyways Confusednicker:

You could always switch the SEC Network.
Before you guys over look Corbin you should have seen them have their way with Middlesboro last night.
topnotch Wrote:Before you guys over look Corbin you should have seen them have their way with Middlesboro last night.

I watched them. Knox Central shouldn't be there at all. And I am not overlooking Corbin.
jetpilot Wrote:I see 3 teams on that list that Pikeville beat last year. There will be many changes in the Top 10 throughout the year.

I know of at least 1 of those 3 they will NOT beat this year. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:When I look at this and Corbin record last year was 9-3 and they are not in the top ten better than 5 other teams I wonder who voting.I will also say Williamsburg would beat bell,middlesboro,Prestonsburg and throw in Harlan County this year.I vote Corbin #4 Williamsburg #5 Just my opinion. Confusedmoke:
:nope:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I know of at least 1 of those 3 they will NOT beat this year. Confusednicker:

:biglmao::gtfo:
All I can say is I am more amazed a little more every time a poster with a number in his name posts. How stupid can 1 man be??? He needs to get out and see some big boy football.

Watching the preview show last night I was amazed to hear the Middlesboro player say "Coach said we are more talented then the last 2 state champion Boyle teams." WTH??? They are a talented team but I think that is a heck of a stretch.
William Muney Wrote:All I can say is I am more amazed a little more every time a poster with a number in his name posts. How stupid can 1 man be??? He needs to get out and see some big boy football.

Watching the preview show last night I was amazed to hear the Middlesboro player say "Coach said we are more talented then the last 2 state champion Boyle teams." WTH??? They are a talented team but I think that is a heck of a stretch.

Being tough on Bobcats 9108 Muney. My number stand for six four sure. Confusednicker:
Stands for something but I am not sure what??
William Muney Wrote:All I can say is I am more amazed a little more every time a poster with a number in his name posts. How stupid can 1 man be??? He needs to get out and see some big boy football.

Yes it is. That makes you go:pondering:
William Muney Wrote:Stands for something but I am not sure what??

There are 63 other SURs.
64SUR Wrote:When I look at this and Corbin record last year was 9-3 and they are not in the top ten better than 5 other teams I wonder who voting.I will also say Williamsburg would beat bell,middlesboro,Prestonsburg and throw in Harlan County this year.I vote Corbin #4 Williamsburg #5 Just my opinion. Confusedmoke:

I think Williamsburg and Hazard would both beat Prestonsburg and Middlesboro. I would think Harlan County would beat both of them though.
pjdoug Wrote:Knox Central shouldn't be listed in top 10

I don't really understand why they are ranked either.

After watching Corbin and Middlesboro play the other night, either one of the 2 is underrated or one is overrated, or maybe both.:popcorn:
jetpilot Wrote::biglmao::gtfo:

:runtouchdI'm taking my ball with me. Confusedinglepar
Corbin will be in the top ten if they beat Pulaski County and if not they will be before playoff. Take my word 64SUR. :popcorn:
Rankings are only good for talking about them on BGR.....
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Rankings are only good for talking about them on BGR.....

I see nothing wrong with starting a subject with ranking it is all fun. :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:I see nothing wrong with starting a subject with ranking it is all fun. :Cheerlead

SixtyFourSir.... You are correct.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Glad to see nothing has changed here! Haha ... Just had to check in and see what everyone was talking about!!!

Good luck to all the teams in Eastern Kentucky this year!

- Derek Forrest
rock19701 Wrote:Glad to see nothing has changed here! Haha ... Just had to check in and see what everyone was talking about!!!

Good luck to all the teams in Eastern Kentucky this year!

- Derek Forrest

We miss you Forrest. :worthy:
I know I give some Corbin fans a hard time, but leaving Corbin out of the Mt Top 10 is a joke