Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin County 20 East Ridge 19
BCF4L Wrote:Nice win by Magoffin Co. They deserved this. But I think what he was trying to say was that ER usually beats MC, but this year there was a different outcome and that MC has more wins than ER which is usually uncommon.

Magoffin County has played East Ridge 4 times in school history......

Magoffin County has won 3 of those games. So much for what "usually" happens.
HazzBeen Wrote:I don't think it was an insult to MC. Hats off to Magoffin County, but yes this is bad for East Ridge. East Ridge was supposed to win and they didn't.

Supposed to win? How can that be said? Both teams were 2-6 (0-4) coming into the game. MC defeated Allen Central and Betsy Layne (combined record of 4-14). Lost to South Floyd, Knott Co. Central, Belfry, Prestonsburg, Pike Co. Central and Shelby Valley. ER defeated South Floyd and Phelps (a combined record of 5-14) They lost to Belfry, Sheldon Clark, Tolsia W.Va, Gilbert W.Va, Shelby Valley, Pike Co. Central and MC. So both teams pretty much played the same teams and lost and really beat who they were suppossed to, so how can ER have any advantage coming into the game? And like a post earlier, MC has a history of defeating ER, Plain and Simple. My question is who is the so called expert that predicts if one team should beat another team? If one team has a proven record of dominating teams this year and years past, I'd say sure they should win, but the bottom line is that this was NOT the case, so who is the expert? Apparently they didn't send the fax or memo to MCHS that the Hornets were suppossed to lose. Must got mixed up in the mail or something!!! Congrats to MC for a job WELL DONE!! Your deserved the win, you played with heart and never lost your focus, Good luck Friday night at SCHS!!!!!! GOOOOOOO HORNETSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
Congrats to the Hornets. Like I said, keep it up and I see a winning season in the future!