•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central 62 - Cordia 60
Cordia, beat themselves!! To many turnovers,not staying with inside game that gave them a good lead in 1st quarter.Man for man there talent level is much better than Knott counties, but Knott has the better team ,they took advantage of every mistake Cordia made.but one's home floor is always worth 10 points,if they meet again in region Cordia just might be going instead of Knott. Observations from a perry county central fan!!!
Look at the foul differential then talk to me please.
They got bailed out and put every big Cordia had in foul trouble.
Ahh not worried about it, region is the one we want.
Knott's first foul came around the 6:00 minute mark of the 2nd quarter.

I'm no rocket scientist but.....
zaga_fan Wrote:It's not a rumor when you put it on and wear it in public.
This isn't me trying to poke at the Creekers and aggravate you all.

They actually wore shirts that said "we pack a punch" tonight.

WOW you asked a question and I thought you were at the game. Then the question would be who had them?

I not aggravated and will not put you on a list...... I have no list.....These are kid all of them and I truly hope they are all successful regardless or school, race, classification or any thing else..... just kids and I will every one else had the same feeling..... play ball shake hand and its over move to the next one.

My contact said no shirts at this game......
I have to agree with alot of you guys, the refs where horrible. Knott couldn't catch a break...
Cordia wins region and Ballers throws Ballstar off the top of Perry's gym balcony.
Maybe you should get you a record player and borrow some of the old woman's money to buy yourself the best recorded version of my heart bleeds for you and a box of Kleenex and go cry yourself to sleep ballers, the sun will come out tomorrow.
Im rooting for a KCC win.
Refs, refs, refs. This cracks me up. For the record this was the same officiating crew that called Knott for 11 offensive fouls against Wayne Co and the same refs who called their game against Lex Cath in the Republic Bank tourney. There were missed calls both ways but it had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. Cordia's big guys got in foul trouble because they tried to play physical with Hall. Knott fell down big early because they couldnt buy a basket and Cordia was hot. Knott settled down used Cornett to do most of the ball handling and just outplayed Cordia in the 2nd half. Justice had a horrible shooting night and the rest of the team came through. I expect another Cordia and Knott matchup in the regional finals.
Most of the turnovers I saw were not turn overs.
Refs bailed KCC out. That's all there is to it folks and I never bitch about refs unless its spuds or Maggard.
[Image: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&i...w1168-h520]
Umm lol tried to play physical with Hall?
They owned hall until petty fouls where called.
Let em play bulz let em play.
First off I'm a Cordia fan, but I also take my blinders off to and think rational too. The second quarter was what killed them. The game was called awful for both sides. Next weeks where at matters though.
3 guys on Cordia team that are bigger than hall on the floor tonight.
Not including Chapman.
Ill stop now though..
Officiating was a joke... And it was too obvious.
#0-9
Ballers Wrote:3 guys on Cordia team that are bigger than hall on the floor tonight.
Not including Chapman.
Ill stop now though..
Officiating was a joke... And it was too obvious.
Your cracking me up man. Hall got man handled and one time Cornett pushed him into the freakin stands and Cordi still couldnt keep him from getting his double double. Knott has beat you 3 times now and Ive heard every excuse in the world. Quit crying and keep recruiting. See ya next week in regional finals.
Didn't get an answer to my earlier question, did Cordia play man and KCC zone?
Cordia did not play man. They did play good defense on Justice though. Hate to say it because I'm not much of a KCC fan myself, but they held Justice every time they inbounded the ball. Cordia played a good 1st quarter. Come out in he 2nd, slacked on defense, jacked up wild shots, and let KCC back in it. Rhodes seemed to complain about every call that was called tonight. IMO, he's not much of a coach anyways. If he would focus more on coaching the boys, instead of hollering at the refs, maybe they could catch a big win like this. The KCC boys fought hard to get back in this and they were the better teams in quarters 2,3, and 4. The better team won, plain and simple.
11thRegionHoops Wrote:Didn't get an answer to my earlier question, did Cordia play man and KCC zone?

Cordia play a lot of man to man and kcc play man to man and zone during the game.
griffman Wrote:Cordia did not play man. They did play good defense on Justice though. Hate to say it because I'm not much of a KCC fan myself, but they held Justice every time they inbounded the ball. Cordia played a good 1st quarter. Come out in he 2nd, slacked on defense, jacked up wild shots, and let KCC back in it. Rhodes seemed to complain about every call that was called tonight. IMO, he's not much of a coach anyways. If he would focus more on coaching the boys, instead of hollering at the refs, maybe they could catch a big win like this. The KCC boys fought hard to get back in this and they were the better teams in quarters 2,3, and 4. The better team won, plain and simple.

Done the same thing the last time they played, never got called...
Downtown 10, I was neutral tonight. Didn't clap for either team. I just wanted to sit back and actually pay attention to how they called and what all went on. Refs did do some bad things tonight, but it was both teams. They were very inconsistent. One minute they would call a cheap foul, then the next minute, bodies would be laying every where with no call. I don't believe the outcome was affected by the refs one bit tho. Like I said, KCC out played them and the better team won.
11thRegionHoops Wrote:Didn't get an answer to my earlier question, did Cordia play man and KCC zone?

Both. They play a sagging man, 2-2-1 half court trap & a little 1-2-2/2-3 zone. When they got behind they started playing the half court trap and Cordia threw it all over the gym. I think 1 fan got 3 shots from the 3 row. To be guard oriented and quick Cordia makes a lot of terrible decisions. They started out w/ a lot of full court ball pressure and just backed off after they up 23-6. Bad decision IMO.
griffman Wrote:Downtown 10, I was neutral tonight. Didn't clap for either team. I just wanted to sit back and actually pay attention to how they called and what all went on. Refs did do some bad things tonight, but it was both teams. They were very inconsistent. One minute they would call a cheap foul, then the next minute, bodies would be laying every where with no call. I don't believe the outcome was affected by the refs one bit tho. Like I said, KCC out played them and the better team won.

I agree totally.

Cordia play man most all the night. They played very little zone. Basically played no help off Justice and try to make other best them from outside. Cordia did press a little bit.
jacobcody2 Wrote:Cordia play a lot of man to man and kcc play man to man and zone during the game.

My first post was about what defense KCC played. Sorry, I misread your post.
MidnightRider Wrote:Let me start by putting this as nicely as I can...

Terrible, awful, insanely bad, amazingly sad, brutally disgusting called game. You can call it an excuse all ya want but friends I have no dog in this fight. Knott Co is one of the better teams in this state but they got a ton and I mean a ton of help tonight. Tell me how 10 fouls to 2 is an evenly called first half? Cordia was absolutely clicking and their momentum was slowly taken away from them. I've never seen so many calls swing in one teams favor at any level of basketball. I will give it to the refs for "evening" out the calls in the second half but it was a little too obvious that Cordia's calls had little to no meaning to the game. These are kids playing the game they love and cherish why would anyone attempt to rob them of that? I feel for Cordia and coach Rhodes tonight. People can say what you want about his transfers but last time I checked Knott's 5 of their top 6 are transfers.

Cordia played well early. Really, really well. 14th region will be a dandy if refs and personal agendas can stay out of the way.

Wow really dude? Prolly if cordia didn't hold shorts and hands of players they wouldn't get called for fouls..and as far as transfers Evan Hall lives on Beaver (Knott county) Cornett lives on Caney (Knott county) Christian lives on Carr Creek (Knott county) and Justice lived in pikeville but moved to Knott his freshman year which technically isn't a transfer..don't be hating that an international team like cordia can't beat the local boys
How many Justice have?
How horrible was the foul called on Ortiz on that block shot that was also called goal tending
1-3-1-press Wrote:How horrible was the foul called on Ortiz on that block shot that was also called goal tending
The goaltend was obvious. The ball had already hit backboard. As for the foul that was questionable. There was contact but there was bodies flying all night under the goal and no whistle. The refs were inconsistent but like i said earlier. It had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.
Not a Cordia fan not a Knott fan I'm a basketball fan. I have no biased opinion for any player or any team I just love basketball and love good games. What i seen tonight was among the worst called games I've seen. And I've seen a many.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next