Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank The Finals Participants
BG is the best team in the state. It doesn't matter how they beat anyone. Each and every opponent that stepped on the field against them had their chance and they all came away with an L. They played the toughest schedule and still did it. It doesn't matter how they did it, they did it.
Almost counts in horse shoes and handgernades! Why can't you except the fact that Highlands lost to the better team, COLLINS!!! I guess some peoples egos and rose colored glasses get in the way of reality!
WideRight05 Wrote:1. Highlands (yes, the birds lost, but no doubt the best team)
2. Mayfield (very underrated)
3. Scott County (also underrated in terms of overall ranking)
4. Bowling Green (nice win streak, good win against Pulaski)
5. Meade County (solid team)
6. Pulaski County (good up and coming power)
7. Collins (shocked highlands, also up as coming power)
8. Belfry (runs the ball, wears you down - can make the occasional throw)
9. Wayne (good passing team/defense - underrated running team
10. Desales (good 2A program)
11. Williamsburg (only looked bad in finals because mayfield is insane - wburg has very good team)
12. NCC (solid team, but lucky to make it to finals)

Explain how NCC was "lucky" to make it to the finals?
1.Bowling Green
2.Scott County
3. Meade County
4. Collins
5. Highlands
6. Pulaski County
7. Belfry
8. Mayfield
9. Wayne County
10. Desales
11. NCC
12. Williamsburg
adopted purple Wrote:I think the Highlands loss caused severe damage to WideRight's trolling ability. I told him the other day that he was off. He is a professional troll and seems to have lost his Mojo. Keep working buddy, it will come back in time.

His Mayfield ranking is an even bigger joke!
I would have to see us play head to head to say we are definitely better than DeSales. I will completely admit that I under rated them all year. I thought they looked very impressive. I would love to have played them though. Kind of the old school smashmouth versus the smashmouth of the new school style. Great job Colts from a Card fan.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. Bowling Green
2. Scott County
3. Meade County
4. Collins
5. Highlands
6. Pulaski County
7. Belfry
8. Wayne County
9. Desales
10. Mayfield
11. New Cath
12. Wburg
You almost got this right. NCC would beat mayfield. Flop those and it's correct.
WideRight05 Wrote:1. Highlands (yes, the birds lost, but no doubt the best team)
2. Mayfield (very underrated)
3. Scott County (also underrated in terms of overall ranking)
4. Bowling Green (nice win streak, good win against Pulaski)
5. Meade County (solid team)
6. Pulaski County (good up and coming power)
7. Collins (shocked highlands, also up as coming power)
8. Belfry (runs the ball, wears you down - can make the occasional throw)
9. Wayne (good passing team/defense - underrated running team
10. Desales (good 2A program)
11. Williamsburg (only looked bad in finals because mayfield is insane - wburg has very good team)
12. NCC (solid team, but lucky to make it to finals)
Dude, you need to have your mod status revoked. You should troll the soccer threads cause you have zero football IQ. Mayfield is the 11th best team out of the last 12. Desalles would murder you guys. NCC would beat you.
He is a highlands fan...and is not a mod.
WideRight05 Wrote:I never said Highlands had a running clock against JH. They build up a good lead, and JH never threatened. If you want to talk about LC and WC, I'll be happy to. First off, Highlands got a running clock on LC in the first half, getting a 36 point lead halfway into the second quarter. The one weak area with this Highland team was letting up as they did against LC. BG had a lot more trouble with LC, allowing them to score first and not being able to put the game away until the second half. As for WC, Highlands built up a huge lead on them, one point away from a running clock. The Birds subbed heavily for the second half, allowing WC back into the game. It was a learning experience, but Highlands still won the game. I really wish Highlands and BG would get to play to send BG on a flashback to the time period of 2005 - 2007 in the state finals games when they were beat handily by Lex Cath, Cov Cath, and then Highlands.

If you are going to time travel, let's go back to 1995 when Highlands was crushed by Bowling Green in the finals. These two have met twice in the last 25 years. Both winning in the finals. That's all we need to know. Troll on my friend, but you really do need some new material.
Bowling Green
Scott Co.
Meade Co.
Collins
Highlands
Belfry
Wayne Co.
Pulaski Co.
Mayfield
Desales
NCC
Williamsburg
strawberryshakeman Wrote:Explain how NCC was "lucky" to make it to the finals?

Nobody really stands out in 2A. I don't like NCC, but they have a heck of a coach. He put them in the right position to make the needed plays to get there.

strawberryshakeman Wrote:His Mayfield ranking is an even bigger joke!

What about it is a joke? Mayfield is loaded. They have been very, very good for the past couple of years. People criticize me for picking at WKY, but Mayfield has proven time and time again that they are legit.

NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Dude, you need to have your mod status revoked. You should troll the soccer threads cause you have zero football IQ. Mayfield is the 11th best team out of the last 12. Desalles would murder you guys. NCC would beat you.

You're seriously saying DeSales and NCC would beat Highlands? Wow.

adopted purple Wrote:If you are going to time travel, let's go back to 1995 when Highlands was crushed by Bowling Green in the finals. These two have met twice in the last 25 years. Both winning in the finals. That's all we need to know. Troll on my friend, but you really do need some new material.

Bowling Green won 28-12 in 1995 against an 11-4 Highlands team that greatly overachieved, defeating a Tim Couch led Leslie County team in the state semifinal. Highlands shouldn't have even been in the state finals that year and still had a chance to potentially win that game. Since 1995 BG has been to the finals six times, three of them coming in a Highlands-free 5A division. Between 1996 and 2010, BG appeared in the finals three times, getting blown out all three years. Say what you want about BG not having played Highlands during that time span, but most of the time Highlands would end up crushing an opponent sent from the west that defeated BG at some point during the playoffs. Thus, it wouldn't have been much of a game had the two schools played.
Wideright05 a mod??!?!?!?! Confusednicker:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:DeSales and Collins were the two biggest eye openers this weekend to me. Meade equated themselves well. I really liked DeSales balance, depth, and ability to hurt you with the big play or sustaining drives. Their defense left a lot to be desired.

Pulaski...truthfully speaking..kind of disappointed me. I know they were playing the best team at WKU.. but I did not look at them and see a team who looked like a 5A powerhouse. Scott County was a bit underwhelming as well... still a very good team.. but I was expecting to see a team who could contend as the best team in the Bluegrass and simply didnt see that. Obviously Highlands also has to be mentioned, but I give more of that credit to Collins who looked like a different team from their last Finals appearance.
Did they look disappointing when they were 1 yard away from going up 21-0 on BG in the first half? Pulaski only has 5 seniors and about 7 juniors on this team...they just ran out of gas in the second half after being tied 14-14 at the half.
WideRight05 Wrote:Yeah, considering Bowling Green struggled with a John Hardin team in the playoffs that never threatened Highlands. BG and Highlands were in the same division for several years. Each year in the state finals BG either got throttled, or was nowhere to be found while the west sent teams like Franklin-Simpson. Now that BG is in a Highlands-free division, they're the best team in the state all of a sudden. :biglmao:

Kentucky had the best basketball team in the country in 2012 and beat Baylor easy but what happened in 2012 has nothing to do with the 2013-2014 season now does it???Baylor sure didn't think so! Face the facts Highlands was not the best team in 4A in 2013, they are not the best team in the State. I got news for you CCH would not have beat Belfry this year, I saw both play in person. Yes Johnson Central beat Belfry but Belfry is much better at defending finesse running and passing teams.
WideRight05 Wrote:Nobody really stands out in 2A. I don't like NCC, but they have a heck of a coach. He put them in the right position to make the needed plays to get there.

What about it is a joke? Mayfield is loaded. They have been very, very good for the past couple of years. People criticize me for picking at WKY, but Mayfield has proven time and time again that they are legit.

You're seriously saying DeSales and NCC would beat Highlands? Wow.

Bowling Green won 28-12 in 1995 against an 11-4 Highlands team that greatly overachieved, defeating a Tim Couch led Leslie County team in the state semifinal. Highlands shouldn't have even been in the state finals that year and still had a chance to potentially win that game. Since 1995 BG has been to the finals six times, three of them coming in a Highlands-free 5A division. Between 1996 and 2010, BG appeared in the finals three times, getting blown out all three years. Say what you want about BG not having played Highlands during that time span, but most of the time Highlands would end up crushing an opponent sent from the west that defeated BG at some point during the playoffs. Thus, it wouldn't have been much of a game had the two schools played.

Your statement says it all. Nothing about football only that you don't like NCC, what a douche bag! Got news for ya, Mayfield would have gotten beaten by the topped ranked schools in every class from 2a to 6a. They wouldn't have been able to take the physical beating every week when playing in any other region than the west. I'm happy for the kids in Mayfield who put forth the effort to be 1a champions, but that's as far as it goes.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Did they look disappointing when they were 1 yard away from going up 21-0 on BG in the first half? Pulaski only has 5 seniors and about 7 juniors on this team...they just ran out of gas in the second half after being tied 14-14 at the half.

Noone should "run out of gas" in the State Finals. Hines had a good game plan to open the game and I think they caught a Bowling Green team overlooking them a bit.. but it is hard to give credence to a team who gives up 49 unanswered.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Did they look disappointing when they were 1 yard away from going up 21-0 on BG in the first half? Pulaski only has 5 seniors and about 7 juniors on this team...they just ran out of gas in the second half after being tied 14-14 at the half.

Noone should "run out of gas" in the State Finals. Hines had a good game plan to open the game and I think they caught a Bowling Green team overlooking them a bit.. but it is hard to give credence to a team who gives up 49 unanswered.

Now having said that, the 2013 Pulaski County team is the tip of the iceberg. That is going to be an awesome team/program moving forward. Young in 2013..but the potential for greatness is through the roof.
Bowlimg Green is by far best team in state. I would put Collins and Scott Co. Tied for 2nd. Would love to see that matchup. No love lost here for Scott co. Highlands 4 Meade 5. No way Meade is ranked ahead of Collins. Just ask their stud running back.
Why can't we all just enjoy the season's we all just had? We know who the six best teams in the state are. Our trophy's are all the same size! Why must we analyze everything? For us six teams, lets enjoy our championships. Who cares who thinks which one of us, can beat the other. Most of the people who do, didn't win State! Let's celebrate, and get our boys ready to hit the weight room and do it all over again next year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wideright05 a mod??!?!?!?! Confusednicker:

Given some of the people that have become moderators on here, nothing would be impossible. I'm sure many times people had a hard time envisioning you as a mod before you actually became one. Confusednicker:

honestjchsfan Wrote:Kentucky had the best basketball team in the country in 2012 and beat Baylor easy but what happened in 2012 has nothing to do with the 2013-2014 season now does it???Baylor sure didn't think so! Face the facts Highlands was not the best team in 4A in 2013, they are not the best team in the State. I got news for you CCH would not have beat Belfry this year, I saw both play in person. Yes Johnson Central beat Belfry but Belfry is much better at defending finesse running and passing teams.

I actually thought about using a Kentucky analogy with that my previous post. Yes, Highlands was the best team in 4A this year. Kentucky won the national title in 1998 as a 2 seed with a team that was not as talented as the 96 and the 97 teams. Duke, UNC, and even Utah were more talented that season, Duke being the best team in the country. I don't even like Duke, but I still believe that the loaded teams Coach K had in 1998 and 1999 were the two best teams he had during his time at Duke. However, neither came away with a title. Just like with Collins, they were not to best team. However, like the 1998 Kentucky Wildcats, Collins found a way to win.

No way Belfry beats Cov Cath. If you think Cov Cath is more of a finesse team, you are wrong. They are physical up front and can wear you down with the run. In fact, I think they are a better running team than a passing team. Not to mention, Belfry's weak point on defense all year has been the pass. So, I'm quite confident that Cov Cath would eat Belfry for lunch.

strawberryshakeman Wrote:Your statement says it all. Nothing about football only that you don't like NCC, what a douche bag! Got news for ya, Mayfield would have gotten beaten by the topped ranked schools in every class from 2a to 6a. They wouldn't have been able to take the physical beating every week when playing in any other region than the west. I'm happy for the kids in Mayfield who put forth the effort to be 1a champions, but that's as far as it goes.

Rule 1. Don't threaten or personally attack another person on this site.

I guess since some people think I am a mod, I should remind you of this rule. No need to call me such hurtful names.

As to the topic of your post, Mayfield may not have the team they had last year but they still are the best team in the first five classes except 4A. There is no shame in losing to Mayfield. They are a small school but a very, very good one at that.
WideRight05 Wrote:Given some of the people that have become moderators on here, nothing would be impossible. I'm sure many times people had a hard time envisioning you as a mod before you actually became one. Confusednicker:

I actually thought about using a Kentucky analogy with that my previous post. Yes, Highlands was the best team in 4A this year. Kentucky won the national title in 1998 as a 2 seed with a team that was not as talented as the 96 and the 97 teams. Duke, UNC, and even Utah were more talented that season, Duke being the best team in the country. I don't even like Duke, but I still believe that the loaded teams Coach K had in 1998 and 1999 were the two best teams he had during his time at Duke. However, neither came away with a title. Just like with Collins, they were not to best team. However, like the 1998 Kentucky Wildcats, Collins found a way to win.

No way Belfry beats Cov Cath. If you think Cov Cath is more of a finesse team, you are wrong. They are physical up front and can wear you down with the run. In fact, I think they are a better running team than a passing team. Not to mention, Belfry's weak point on defense all year has been the pass. So, I'm quite confident that Cov Cath would eat Belfry for lunch.

Rule 1. Don't threaten or personally attack another person on this site.

I guess since some people think I am a mod, I should remind you of this rule. No need to call me such hurtful names.

As to the topic of your post, Mayfield may not have the team they had last year but they still are the best team in the first five classes except 4A. There is no shame in losing to Mayfield. They are a small school but a very, very good one at that.

clueless:eyeroll:
strawberryshakeman Wrote:clueless:eyeroll:

Translated: "Lacking the knowledge to debate WideRight05 on his post, I will resort to name calling."
Nothing to debate other than your reading comprehension. Your clueless to believe Mayfield would beat any of the other state champs or runners up in classes 2a through 6a. Small fish in the big pond gets eaten.
1.Bowling Green
2.Highlands
3.Scott Co.
4.Meade Co.
5.Collins
6. Belfry
7. Wayne County
8. Pulaski Co.
9. Mayfield
10.Desales
11. NCC
12. Williamsburg
Lilly Wrote:1.Bowling Green
2.Highlands
3.Scott Co.
4.Meade Co.
5.Collins
6. Belfry
7. Wayne County
8. Pulaski Co.
9. Mayfield
10.Desales
11. NCC
12. Williamsburg

Your ranking looks ok, but you ranked Highlands infront of Collins who beat them straight up 3 days ago. If anything switch the two on that game alone. I know collins is not second best team, but neither is Highlands.
Crossbones Wrote:Your ranking looks ok, but you ranked Highlands infront of Collins who beat them straight up 3 days ago. If anything switch the two on that game alone. I know collins is not second best team, but neither is Highlands.

Listen I never said anything about your rankings. This is what I believe to be how the teams are. Sometimes a better team gets beat( as that has been debated by you guys in your thread). I think Highlands is a great team is probably the second best team. Sometimes in a one game setting the best team dont win. By the way, I am a Southwestern fan so everyone who thinks I am a Corbin fan knows. I am not trying to stir the pot just giving my opinion and its like everyone elses, just that.
WideRight05 Wrote:Translated: "Lacking the knowledge to debate WideRight05 on his post, I will resort to name calling."

You have to admit that for the best Highlands team ever, they didn't do so well. My condolences.
Yeah, that's my bad. Saw the red name and thought that it meant mod. I see it says mod under your name. Red lets you know they are a troll. Figured he was a mayfield fan the way he was stroking their egos. Makes sense now, red is the color of his arse cause it's raw right now after the loss to Collins. I get it now.

I'm going to agree with shakeman on his assessment of mayfield.
Lilly Wrote:Listen I never said anything about your rankings. This is what I believe to be how the teams are. Sometimes a better team gets beat( as that has been debated by you guys in your thread). I think Highlands is a great team is probably the second best team. Sometimes in a one game setting the best team dont win. By the way, I am a Southwestern fan so everyone who thinks I am a Corbin fan knows. I am not trying to stir the pot just giving my opinion and its like everyone elses, just that.

Your really sensitive aren't you? :Sad04: And I know you are a Southwestern fan. If you don't want it debated, then don't put everything out on a board made for debate. You have made under 80 post on this board and 99% of them has been negative toward some other poster. I made a decent remark toward your ranking and even said it looked ok, just pointed out the obvious and you get all sensitive over it. :eyeroll::popcorn: