Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cov Cath 40 - Conner 6 Final
TNT-MB1 Wrote:The good
Boone 8/11 235 4 td
Grant County he threw 16/19 341 4tds (it's grant county though)
Holy Cross 17/26 288 7 Tds (please there JV team would of beat them)
Scott 22/30 296 3 Tds (his best game he played top knotch here)
SK 27/44 344 4 Tds (should be noted SK's backs dropped some candy in this one)

The bad
Ryle 23/33 240 0 Tds 2 ints (should of been 6 ints)
South Oldham 24/41 271 yds 2 Tds 2 ints
Cov Cath 2 fumbles (did not receive the exact stats yet)

SK game should be noted, the SK dbs did not even touch one ball in that game.
Ryle game #21 had a chance on an over thrown fade. That was the only chance they had for another one, not a total of six. Good try though.

1 pick SO game was a deflection that bounced off the wr facemask. The second one he was trying to throw away out of bounds over the wrs head but was hit as he was throwing it.
UK1fan Wrote:Barker threw 57 yards and ran 47. Barker looks about 6'2 225. I thought he was fast till he played SK and he is very slow! UK will be disappointed! Daddy is the PA Announcer lol.

What is Barker's 40 time? Tell you the truth I've never noticed. Kuntz consistently ran 4.8's this summer with a couple times under that. Did notice Drew had an awkward stride.
IAM22 Wrote:SK game should be noted, the SK dbs did not even touch one ball in that game.
Ryle game #21 had a chance on an over thrown fade. That was the only chance they had for another one, not a total of six. Good try though.

1 pick SO game was a deflection that bounced off the wr facemask. The second one he was trying to throw away out of bounds over the wrs head but was hit as he was throwing it.

Either way 2nd best QB in NKY.:zzz:
hop24 Wrote:What is Barker's 40 time? Tell you the truth I've never noticed. Kuntz consistently ran 4.8's this summer with a couple times under that. Did notice Drew had an awkward stride.

One website says 5.1 lol
SK game the SK DB's dropped to balls that would have been picks.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I think Barker deserves a little more credit than what he's getting from most of you all.

Imagine if he played on a team like Highlands. Would you be calling him overrated then? Probably not.

Fact of the matter is, he plays on a average team and without him, Conner probably ends up losing to Campbell County, Ryle, Cooper, and maybe even Scott, if not more. He literally carries his team on his back each game.

Time will tell.

Barker/UK's biggest fan Confusednicker:

Never seen him play.
surprising score.
hop24 Wrote:What is Barker's 40 time? Tell you the truth I've never noticed. Kuntz consistently ran 4.8's this summer with a couple times under that. Did notice Drew had an awkward stride.

Don't base a guys whole career on one game. Its the fans on here and on Uk sites that have said he is the best since Namath. Drew is at best 6'2.5 I would guess. Well built kid that has put on weight which has slowed him down. Who cares about the 40. If he has to run at UK they are in trouble. I think Drew is a nice young man. The only thing I think Drew has done is read his own press clippings and bought into the social media to much. He should forget UK twitter , face book and all the rest. Put your nose to the grindstone and enjoy your senior year. UK will be here. You never set yourself up for failure. There are enough fans that will do that for you. Good luck to Conner and Drew the rest of the season.
Top 10 finish at the ELITE 11 camp in which he had to win invitation to through ELITE 11 Regional camp lol and he is gonna sit the bench and is overrated lmao. WOW sign me up for some more of the those kids to come to UK because you guys are freaking crazy. He is gonna do great at UK and he would do great at any other school. He is rated a 4 star for a reason and finished in the top 10 at the ELITE 11 finals. You guys know nothing about talent
All these rankings are based on what they do at camps, not against live competition. They rate 40 time and arm strength and bench maxes...not things that matter, like whether or not you know how to be a winner. Believe AJ McCarron was a two star QB. Who is about to win national title #3...
Another example of someone running there mouth spewing out trash that they say are facts that are absolute lies. AJ McCarron was a 4 star QB genius not a freaking 2 star. Also he is going to win a National title not because he is great but because his team is.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/alabama/football...rron-63348
I guess everyone on BGR is all of a sudden scouts for Rivals, Scout, 24/7, ESPN, etc.

I'm not saying Barker is going to be this great college quarterback or that he's better than anyone else in Kentucky, but he is highly rated and has a very impressive offer sheet, and there is a reason for that. It's not because of how he played at Conner, it's because he went out during the summer and impressed coaches, scouts, and others.

But if you ask trolls like RIUTG, he'll say it's because of his daddy's money.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Another example of someone running there mouth spewing out trash that they say are facts that are absolute lies. AJ McCarron was a 4 star QB genius not a freaking 2 star. Also he is going to win a National title not because he is great but because his team is.

Yawn. I don't really care. These rankings are like AAU basketball, based on nothing resembling reality. As you know. They don't measure heart. They don't measure killer instinct. This is the same logic that made Daniel Orton a first round draft pick, when he spent his whole season at UK averaging more goaltends per game than points. It's a shame how athletics has changed over the years. Btw, don't pretend you're smarter than I am. Bet you aren't.
Oh you mean the same Daniel Orton that was rated a 5 star out of HS that tore his ACL his SR year of HS and wasn't completely recovered from it his Freshman year at UK that came off of the bench and played behind another 5 star Center in Demarcus Cousins that is one of the best young Center's in the NBA ? Yeah Orton went on the get drafted 29th in the NBA draft and has been on an NBA roster ever since playing at the highest level of basketball in the world. Yeah buddy you were right those ratings are wrong lmao. You keep on recited garbage over and over haha I guess that is your faulty logic say it long enough and it becomes truth.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Oh you mean the same Daniel Orton that was rated a 5 star out of HS that tore his ACL his SR year of HS and wasn't completely recovered from it his Freshman year at UK that came off of the bench and played behind another 5 star Center in Demarcus Cousins that is one of the best young Center's in the NBA ? Yeah Orton went on the get drafted 29th in the NBA draft and has been on an NBA roster ever since playing at the highest level of basketball in the world. Yeah buddy you were right those ratings are wrong lmao. You keep on recited garbage over and over haha I guess that is your faulty logic say it long enough and it becomes truth.

How's that Orton career coming along? How'd he do in the all star game? I mean, I guess living from 10 day contract to 10 day contract is a successful career? Dude sucked. He sucked in school and he sucks now. It's a shame. You're probably too young to remember this, Mr. Google Machine, but believe it or not, there was actually a time when you had to show some kind of competitive skill in actual GAMES to make it to the next level. That's probably why watching pro games now looks like a total joke compared to 20 years ago.

Barker may or may not be a decent college QB, but I would expect a DI SEC starting QB to manage more than 6 points against a supposedly middle of the pack HS defense.
Once again you make false statements haha. Any player selected in the 1st round of the NBA draft gets a guaranteed 2 year contract with a 3rd year option. The Thunder cut him off the roster as they didn't pick up his 3rd year option. 5 days later he was signed by the Philadelphia 76ers two a multi year contract. I am a sports fan its not hard to know facts when you love sports. 10 day contracts lmao go back to the drawing board there and see what fictitious claim you can come up with this time. Three times in a row you bring up some baseless trash.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Once again you make false statements haha. Any player selected in the 1st round of the NBA draft gets a guaranteed 2 year contract with a 3rd year option. The Thunder cut him off the roster as they didn't pick up his 3rd year option. 5 days later he was signed by the Philadelphia 76ers two a multi year contract. I am a sports fan its not hard to know facts when you love sports. 10 day contracts lmao go back to the drawing board there and see what fictitious claim you can come up with this time. Three times in a row you bring up some baseless trash.

There's no denying he sucks. And I wouldn't call the NBA much of a sport, to begin with. Lemme know when he becomes a force. I won't hold my breath. I'm sure his NBA stats will vaguely resemble his UK stats.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Top 10 finish at the ELITE 11 camp in which he had to win invitation to through ELITE 11 Regional camp lol and he is gonna sit the bench and is overrated lmao. WOW sign me up for some more of the those kids to come to UK because you guys are freaking crazy. He is gonna do great at UK and he would do great at any other school. He is rated a 4 star for a reason and finished in the top 10 at the ELITE 11 finals. You guys know nothing about talent

Is this Barker's dad? LOL. Pretty defensive.
CovCath is a big ?

This team that just drilled Conner was the same team that was down 17 against Ryle in the 4th quarter.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Top 10 finish at the ELITE 11 camp in which he had to win invitation to through ELITE 11 Regional camp lol and he is gonna sit the bench and is overrated lmao. WOW sign me up for some more of the those kids to come to UK because you guys are freaking crazy. He is gonna do great at UK and he would do great at any other school. He is rated a 4 star for a reason and finished in the top 10 at the ELITE 11 finals. You guys know nothing about talent

See Zeke Pike.:Thumbs: ELITE 11, US Army All-American game. QB just like Drew. Has made himself into a wonderfull backup tight-end.
sstack Wrote:Is this Barker's dad? LOL. Pretty defensive.

The arrogance is definately there.Confusednicker:
UK1fan Wrote:SK game the SK DB's dropped to balls that would have been picks.

You have to touch it to drop it.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Another example of someone running there mouth spewing out trash that they say are facts that are absolute lies. AJ McCarron was a 4 star QB genius not a freaking 2 star. Also he is going to win a National title not because he is great but because his team is.

You should stop now. You have no clue what goes into the ranking index for these athletes. It would take to long to tell you. Trust me when I say there is a hidden agenda with conference affiliation of offers ect. The big blue nation carries a lot of weight and households. I am excited to get Drew. I am a Wildcat Fan. But I know how this works, why it goes the way it does and further more have had a hand in the rankings system for on of the 4 major sites. How many memberships have been sold to Ky fans wanting to read about Drew and Matt Elam ect. Thank you.
catsallthetime Wrote:You should stop now. You have no clue what goes into the ranking index for these athletes. It would take to long to tell you. Trust me when I say there is a hidden agenda with conference affiliation of offers ect. The big blue nation carries a lot of weight and households. I am excited to get Drew. I am a Wildcat Fan. But I know how this works, why it goes the way it does and further more have had a hand in the rankings system for on of the 4 major sites. How many memberships have been sold to Ky fans wanting to read about Drew and Matt Elam ect. Thank you.

He was rated that high before UK even offered.
That is scary.. With all the injuries, Cov Cath still puts up 40 pts against an above average 6A school. Wow watch out.
^Conner is 5A.
hop24 Wrote:^Conner is 5A.

Aahhhhh OK thanks!
IAM22 Wrote:He was rated that high before UK even offered.

Did I say he was rated that high because he had a UK offer? I don't see that in my post.
catsallthetime Wrote:You should stop now. You have no clue what goes into the ranking index for these athletes. It would take to long to tell you. Trust me when I say there is a hidden agenda with conference affiliation of offers ect. The big blue nation carries a lot of weight and households. I am excited to get Drew. I am a Wildcat Fan. But I know how this works, why it goes the way it does and further more have had a hand in the rankings system for on of the 4 major sites. How many memberships have been sold to Ky fans wanting to read about Drew and Matt Elam ect. Thank you.

Yes you did say that about Drew Barker stop backtracking :lmao:

Sounds just like Zeke Pike! Big Grin