•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 35 Lawrence Co 12
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:I didn't stutter Jethro S-O-F-T

If Lawrence Co. feels like they deserved to win the game, then they will get their chance in a few weeks lets see if the outcome is any different.
Belfry_99 Wrote:If Lawrence Co. feels like they deserved to win the game, then they will get their chance in a few weeks lets see if the outcome is any different.

No one is saying we deserved to win, just saying it was a closer game that what people are saying. And your right in a few weeks IF both teams make it that far we'll get a rematch and i'm sure it will be a great game.
I don't know why that most of you Belfry fans can't admit that you played a good team tonight. All I here is defense didn't play good, so and so was hurt, offense didn't do its job because SO and so wasn't 100%. LC is a good team and you beat them tonight and it wasn't a blow out like everyone thought it would be, because you under estimated LC. You all give LC a lot of confidense tonight. Can't wait till play offs. And you might want to start thinking up excuses for next week , because your gonna need them after JC gets done with you.
Even though Belfry didnt play all that well tonight it was still a 23 point win.... Doesnt say much for LC now does it....
shadow308 Wrote:I don't know why that most of you Belfry fans can't admit that you played a good team tonight. All I here is defense didn't play good, so and so was hurt, offense didn't do its job because SO and so wasn't 100%. LC is a good team and you beat them tonight and it wasn't a blow out like everyone thought it would be, because you under estimated LC. You all give LC a lot of confidense tonight. Can't wait till play offs. And you might want to start thinking up excuses for next week , because your gonna need them after JC gets done with you.

After tonight I see it as : JC 42 - Belfry 21
Really? More about beating the running clock. Guess that was a "moral" victory up in Louisa.
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:Really? More about beating the running clock. Guess that was a "moral" victory up in Louisa.

HAHAHAHA....enough said!!!
LC doesn't do moral victory's.we got beat by a better team tonight.
Congrats Pirates!!!!!!
skully03 Wrote:To be Honest idk what was wrong with Belfry tonight...They did not play to their potential....Both offense and defense came out flat and just did not execute...The only bright spot on defense IMO was Sani Warrens 2 interceptions.
To be honest they played a team who gave them a game
shadow308 Wrote:To be honest they played a team who gave them a game
Even though Belfry didnt play all that well tonight it was still a 23 point win.... Doesnt say much for LC now does it....
lpd826 Wrote:HAHAHAHA....enough said!!!

Can you imagine that pregame speech? "Guys I don't care if we win or lose tonight but let's make sure they don't get up on us by 36 points tonight and everyone will be happy and can talk crap on the forums."

I understand that LC is on the up and up but the point I am making is the type of chatter I am seeing is that the community of Lawrence county is perfectly content with just keeping the score respectable against these perennial powerhouses instead of upset that our 11 didn't beat their 11. The question that should be asked is what could WE have done to beat this team and what can WE take away to beat them down the road. If there is a rematch and they do put up a running clock on LC, will it be okay because you kind of sort of kept it close the first game or would it be a major disappointment that the game wasn't at the very least closer than the first go around?
skully03 Wrote:To be Honest idk what was wrong with Belfry tonight...They did not play to their potential....Both offense and defense came out flat and just did not execute...The only bright spot on defense IMO was Sani Warrens 2 interceptions.

skully03 Wrote:Even though Belfry didnt play all that well tonight it was still a 23 point win.... Doesnt say much for LC now does it....

It says a hell of a lot for LC , there wAs no blow out and LC showed Belfry that they aren't untouchable. Make all the excues's you want, but belfry knows now that they will have there hands full come play offs.
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:Can you imagine that pregame speech? "Guys I don't care if we win or lose tonight but let's make sure they don't get up on us by 36 points tonight and everyone will be happy and can talk crap on the forums."

I understand that LC is on the up and up but the point I am making is the type of chatter I am seeing is that the community of Lawrence county is perfectly content with just keeping the score respectable against these perennial powerhouses instead of upset that our 11 didn't beat their 11. The question that should be asked is what could WE have done to beat this team and what can WE take away to beat them down the road. If there is a rematch and they do put up a running clock on LC, will it be okay because you kind of sort of kept it close the first game or would it be a major disappointment that the game wasn't at the very least closer than the first go around?
Oh that question is being asked.
The reality is you have 1-2 posters from Lawrence Co on here that just babble every week. The other 95% of our community cringe every time they post. It's sad for the kids in our community that they have some adult on here calling Belfry soft! When's the last time LC has beaten Belfry? The reality is Belfry is the 2nd best team in EKY. The kids from Lawrence Co have worked their butt's off. I don't know anybody that is content with losing. It's all continuing to grow as a program and taking it one game at a time in the playoffs finding a way to win.
If Belfry wants to talk down about LC that's fine. At some point LC is going to have to get it done on the field vs Belfry. This was a ball game into the 3rd where there was the worst call of the year on a Belfry fumble that 5 min later was called an inadvertent whistle. LC had recovered fumble with chance to tie in 3rd. Instead Belfry is given the ball inside the 10 and scores TD. They tack a garbage one on late.
That's football. Have to respond to adversity. No excuses. Better team won tonight. 95% of LC fans respect Belfry and tip out hats. Other 5% are loud on here. This LC team knows its capable of beating anybody in 3A on a given night if they protect the ball. This was a VERY physical game on both sides!
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:This game was close because BELFRY beat themselves...poor execution...we dominated your d line..are skill players made bad reads...and our defense stunk up the field...honestly your right with play like that no trophy...so no crow sir, we played bad and let a mediocre team hang in there just like you guys did against pike central..and i agree the refs sucked...made stupid call on both sides...and yes that was a fumble...

If you think Pike Central is mediocre compared to us then I think you will be in for another surprise next week. I hope your pass defense is good because Pike can throw it around pretty good. :Thumbs:
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:This game was close because BELFRY beat themselves...poor execution...we dominated your d line..are skill players made bad reads...and our defense stunk up the field...honestly your right with play like that no trophy...so no crow sir, we played bad and let a mediocre team hang in there just like you guys did against pike central..and i agree the refs sucked...made stupid call on both sides...and yes that was a fumble...

You also said that your JV could beat the other teams in the district.:eyeroll:
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:So it's okay that your team lost but didn't lose the way the other team said you were going to lose?

This is not how a community helps change the culture of a program. You should hate to lose more than you love to win every game no matter who the opponent is.

We do hate to lose, but if you take a look at how this game has gone the last few years then you would understand that we have come a long way.
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:Can you imagine that pregame speech? "Guys I don't care if we win or lose tonight but let's make sure they don't get up on us by 36 points tonight and everyone will be happy and can talk crap on the forums."

All you need to do is take a look at some of the comments that some of the Belfry fans make every year. Some of the Belfry posters on BGR are good people and the coach and players of the Belfry team are classy people but some of the Belfry posters on this site..........."not so much". All they said all week is how great they are and how bad we and all the teams in this district are and how they would hang a running clock on us. I said from day one that Belfry was being blinded by there (supposedly) strong schedule and as you can see people like skully03 are still hanging a hat on the Harlan County win and they will not except the fact that HC is not the 5a contender that we all thought they would be. What Belfry posters am I talking about ............ just look at all the posts on this thread and look at all the people who are making all the classic excuses they can think of and not one bit of respect for Lawrence County so why should I show any respect. The only Belfry fan who gave us any credit was the person who started the thread.
IMO Respect defiantly goes to Belfry football program not some of the supporters on BGR so lets get that strait. Every program has them but lets not let that take anything away from the actual program the team or coaches has no control over the people on these forms so Belfry football has my 100% respect and the program is top notch in the state. Now as for the game What I am reading here is some of the belfry people is thinking that their D just did OK not great. I just want to remind you that LC is one of the top rushing offenses in the state in all classes. So take that into consideration Belfry's D did do a good job sure they gave up some yards but on the other hand they didn't give up what counted "POINTS". Also LC had another 5 turnover game has we all know you are not going to win when that happens if your playing a good team. But I also know that a good team causes the turnovers in most cases. LC has had a problem most of the season holding onto the pig skin this needs fix now and should have already have been. Also LC has made the right adjustments after half time all year but when you have a coach like Mr. Haywood in the other locker room well let's just say that LC wasn't going to out coach him. No dis respect to coach Cecil he has done a great job all year with half time adjustments in every game but Mr. Haywood isn't the best coach in the state for nothing He is always the X factor when anyone plays belfry. With all that said Congratulations Pirates and get ready for JC they have that big black & gold train steaming down the tracks this years I hope you guy's can De-rail it. As for my Dawgs you guy's now know with out a doubt were your at and what needs to be done good luck next week with P-burg we need to win and get that momentum going into the play offs or it will be B-ball season in Louisa earlier than you want. Although the B-ball in LC is getting to be pretty exciting we just want to play some more football Confusednicker: GO DAWGS. :Cheerlead
lpd826 Wrote:Like I said, what if's...well what if LC played like they did against Raceland, what if the reffs made the right call on "THE FUMBLE". The FACT if we gave you a run for the money but you did prevail but not as easy as you thought you would and not without a little from your friends!!!

It's a lack of respect from some of the Belfry faithful. Instead of giving credit where it's due we hear about Belfry playing one of their worst games all year. Do you think LC might've had something to do with that?
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:See I was gonna keep it respectful but since you want to run your mouth and be disrespectful. I was not impressed with Belfry at all to me to have the size Your "O" and "D" I will just go ahead and say it was how can I put this the nice possible way "soft". And Belfry or what I seen has no shot at JC and gonna call it early "RUNNING CLOCK" there I said it. And get ready in a few weeks the mediocre LC will be back. And hopefully with some Ref's that are not from WV like the rest of Belfry's Team. TongueirateSho

Soft...lol...i do remember about 3 dogs lying on the field after two different official time outs..I'm glad the boys are ok they just got their bell rung by a couple soft pirates...if JJ was in the game he would've had 200 yards...and your right if we play like last night and or fumble the ball 5 or six times against JC yep probably a beat down....i agree the refs made one blown call..but t wasn't a game changer if it went your way.....here is the deal....we stunk up the field and beat ya by 3 touchdowns...so if history serves us well come playoff time when your a 3 seed (one seed above sheldon Clark) and do get to come to BELFRY and we are clicking..sorry guy no chance...
I love reading you guys! It's wonderful to me!!

I've met more BGR folks this year than I ever have before. Do-double-gg and Pirate1991#8 are two of my favorite people in the whole wide world!!

If you take the emotion out of it, and try to read them with perspective...they are so much alike!! LOL (neither will speak to me again!) Two crusty old farts, who love and support their team no matter what!!

Oh I do wish that every mountain team had fans like these two!!!
Do-double-gg Wrote:If you think Pike Central is mediocre compared to us then I think you will be in for another surprise next week. I hope your pass defense is good because Pike can throw it around pretty good. :Thumbs:

Lol...they always throw it around...they have a sorry line...no time to throw...but hey if the SOFT (lol) pirates show up we may only win by 3 touchdown again..TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
^^
See!!
Granny Bear Wrote:I love reading you guys! It's wonderful to me!!

I've met more BGR folks this year than I ever have before. Do-double-gg and Pirate1991#8 are two of my favorite people in the whole wide world!!

If you take the emotion out of it, and try to read them with perspective...they are so much alike!! LOL (neither will speak to me again!) Two crusty old farts, who love and support their team no matter what!!

Lol..nothing could make not speak to you and update you every Friday...lol..I'm sure double gg is a great guy but i do my wife the same way and aggravate her till she is mad as a firecracker..lol
Granny Bear Wrote:I love reading you guys! It's wonderful to me!!

I've met more BGR folks this year than I ever have before. Do-double-gg and Pirate1991#8 are two of my favorite people in the whole wide world!! If you take the emotion out of it, and try to read them with perspective...they are so much alike!! LOL (neither will speak to me again!) Two crusty old farts, who love and support their team no matter what!!

And here I thought I was the one who held that special place in your heart.....lol
I said two of my favorites, Bob Seger. You will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart!!
:AngelPray
Granny Bear Wrote:I said two of my favorites, Bob Seger. You will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart!!
:AngelPray

lol
1. LC much improved. They lack a home run hitter who would help them capitalize on field position and the other team's mistakes.
2. The officials totally blew the "fumble" call. It would be nice to hear from that crew and see exactly what was called because IMO they did a good job discussing it, but they still made the wrong decision.
3. Belfry is still really good. 350 on the ground and overall over 400 with only one turnover is good. The lack of consistent play is what is holding them back. Also a couple of poor decisions offensively and the continued "dropped ball" on the deep ball is concerning.
4. Belfry is still trying a lot of combinations on D. Duty moving to nose part-time with A. Hatfield at LB. Frankly the LBs are still the weak spot on D. Ghormley and Mullins spoiled us. It is what it is. The D has shown big play capability, but hasn't "stuffed" teams consistently.
5. Most teams would love to have Justin Johnson, X Willis, and Andrew Fletcher as a starting backfield. None of those 3 saw a snap last night. That is over 1000 yards on the bench either injured, or in Fletcher's case, a product of other players getting the playing time.
6. Belfry has a bit of a "too much swagger" problem. They need to play every down with fire and controlled emotion and not worry about style or trying to make a highlight film every play.
7. No need for fans to get too riled up. This is basically the halfway point of most Belfry seasons. They need to and will get better. Big district game next week is the main one that matters then JC for pride and preparation.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next