Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campbell County @ Highlands 8/30
Spirit100 Wrote:I don't see Coach Mueller bringing the noise for 3-4 quarters against a team like the Camels as he would say, maybe Covcath.

Between Coach Lickert seeking this game and the history between him and Dale, I don't see this getting as ugly as it could.

49-21 Birds...2nd and 3rd team play majority of the second half for Highlands. Regardless of the critics and whether you like or dislike Highlands, watching them play, make adjustments, and execute is fun to watch from a football perspective.

Also to continue this match up, don't think Lickert would tolerate 63-7 drubbings. Although achievable it shouldn't and won't happen. I'd like to think Mueller has too much class and respect for his former stalwart player. Hats off to the Camels for exposing themselves to a great learning opportunity.

People continue to say HHS runs the score up, but if you watch their games that is far from the truth. HHS stays on the top each year by allowing 2nd,3rd and 4th stringers get quality playing time in games that are blowouts (a lot of times going against other teams 1st stringers). When the backups are in the practice the same offensive sets to prepare them for down the road and it leads to some quick strike scores. Is it running up the score when backups are scoring against the other teams first stringers?
66-0 Highlands
sstack Wrote:People continue to say HHS runs the score up, but if you watch their games that is far from the truth. HHS stays on the top each year by allowing 2nd,3rd and 4th stringers get quality playing time in games that are blowouts (a lot of times going against other teams 1st stringers). When the backups are in the practice the same offensive sets to prepare them for down the road and it leads to some quick strike scores. Is it running up the score when backups are scoring against the other teams first stringers?

Bingo. And it helps the JV players get ready for the following year when many of them end up starting because of the two platoon system. Dale is one smart football coach.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Can you spell BLOWOUT? No disrespect to the Camels. I wish them the best, but they're gonna get steamrolled.

Wow, that comes with incredible foresight. I guess no one thought the same.....:flame:
If you can score 200 pts, do it.

The other team should get better, not schedule you, or quit playing football all together.

Break records. Thats why we keep them.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If you can score 200 pts, do it.

The other team should get better, not schedule you, or quit playing football all together.

Break records. Thats why we keep them.
problem for Highlands if they embarrass the other team to bad no one will want to schedule them as a non-district game (right Simon KentonConfusedhhSmile