Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Draw
I don't know but the last time clay played at harlan they got beat by 30
I will go with corbin and Harlan Co. in finals. H.C. wins the title in a close one with the difference being H.C. has tyler Brewer.
I don't think the last time has much to do with anything?? An what year was this that HC beat Clay by 30??
This tournament should be a very entertaining event with all 8 teams having a legitimate shot at victory in the first round! It looks like a good formula for the final showdown of HC vs Clay BUT who knows if these teams can take care of their business of getting to the final?? It's going to be interesting to see who has the heart to survive probably the most evenly matched field in a long time... Lets go Hatlan County!!! Bring it Baby!!!
I don't remember Clay losing bad at Harlan County, except in a freshman game a few years back
Yea me either. Don't think freshman ball has much to do with anything.
That's what I was talking about when they was freshman they got beat by 30 but I know they was freshman then and senior now.......they did not shoot the ball real well in that gym...
I'm literally just laughing so hard at -_- post...
Don't think freshmen games will have an impact on a possible 13th Region championship between Harlan County and Clay County, but these two teams did meet during the season and Clay left with an 11-point loss. So, keep thinking Harlan County cant play with Clay.
Never said they couldn't. I also know the circumstances of that loss. We'll see when the time comes... Or if it comes rather.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Clay might win every game by double digits if they play like they have been and the refs aren't paid off.

Well, you didn't say Harlan County couldn't beat Clay. But, this quote sure makes it sound that way. I must have taken it the wrong way. Also, what were the circumstances around that loss to HC in the Mountain Classic? I know Kodi Reed was out. Anything else?
I said might.. Didn't say definitely would. Kody Reed was out, and they had just lost a heartbreaker to PCC. Also some team issues that don't need to be brought up on BGR. Do I honestly think Clay will win every game by double digits?? No. Could they?? Yes. I'll accept a regional crown, doesn't matter if final score is 80-55 or 34-32.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:I said might.. Didn't say definitely would. Kody Reed was out, and they had just lost a heartbreaker to PCC. Also some team issues that don't need to be brought up on BGR. Do I honestly think Clay will win every game by double digits?? No. Could they?? Yes. I'll accept a regional crown, doesn't matter if final score is 80-55 or 34-32.
Seems like with most teams those ill foresaken team issues dont ever really go away, but always linger around and sometimes just when you dont want them to rear their ugly head, POP goes the weasel.... Go Barbourville!!!
Black Bear Cuz I think we both have respect for one another's team. You all have a nice squad and it will be hard to beat at HC. With that said go South!! Haha
Clay Co. and Harlan Co. both play two dangerous teams in the first round. Barbourville has a really nice player in the Mills kid. South Laurel also has some very nice players and played most of the season without Sanders. I noticed he scored 26 points against Corbin in that distrcit final.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Black Bear Cuz I think we both have respect for one another's team. You all have a nice squad and it will be hard to beat at HC. With that said go South!! Haha
I hear ya, LOL... I would actually love to see an HC/Clay final...
It would be most fitting, I agree.
Quick question: has HC ever won a region game? I know it is a new school. Have they won one?

Good luck to HC and all the teams.
For this thing to play out right, the Tigers and Black Bears need to meet in the finals. As for attendance, the smartest thing they ever did was put the championship on Saturday. If Clay County and Harlan County meet, expect a capacity gym. In my opinion, the Tiger faithful travel better than anyone and I have been really impressed with the Harlan County fans making their way to Corbin over the years. Should be fun, 1 game at a time however.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Quick question: has HC ever won a region game? I know it is a new school. Have they won one?

Good luck to HC and all the teams.

No
I'll say it right now. If anybody can score 60 in all three games they will win the region. I think everybody can win some games, but Clay and Harlan are the only two I can see putting a solid three game stretch together. I could see Corbin getting hot and beating Clay in the semi's, but I struggle to see them bringing it three straight nights in a pressure packed atmosphere. Offense has been awful this year throughout the 13th and I don't expect it to be much different this week. Ugly basketball, but somebody has to pull it out.
Any one have any where can stream this online or updates from the games?
104.3 is broadcasting all games. Listen on radio or go to website. http://www.ezcountry1043.com
Corbin is done.

Mboro advances.