Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Dream Final 4
I figured a man of your standing would have already known where to find that.
You are wasting your time trying to reason with Gut. HDE is more open and I can see where he is coming from so I think he is a good guy.

Whitley is a good team. Craig is by far the most under rated kid on the team and without her playing well Whitley does nothing in post season.

As far as Morris, she draws junk defenses and doubles triples every game. That shows the coaches know far more than Gut cause they have genuine respect for her. Smith with a box and one or some of the junk defenses that is thrown at Morris would be lucky to score. Number one her strength is suspect at the next level and her low release on her shot will limit her effectiveness with a good defender on her. Also he lateral quickness is in doubt when it comes to major D1 talent. Union College will be a great spot for her and Ill tell Curry tomorrow he needs to offer her if he has not already.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/regulars...atsgit.htm

Top 15 Free Throw
Morris #1
Whitley ??

Top 3pt Field Goal Leaders
#4 Maria Johnson
Bell ??

Top 15 Score Leaders
Bell #5
Whitley ??

Top 15 Field Goals
Bell #6
Whitley ??

Top 15 Free Throw Leaders
Bell #13
Whitley ??

Top 15 3pt Leaders
Bell #3
Whitley ??

As you can see GUT, there are other people on Morris' team that can score. These are of course stats from the teams that have submitted scores. So Bell may get knocked out of many of the groups. But if Bell drops, so does Whitley. At least Bell is in 5 of the 12 categories as compared to 1.
All this is hodgepodge! HCHS is17-1 and have beaten Bell and Clay. They will have the 13th region at home also. Whitley will be their next toughest game at HC I will add. The 13th region is blessed with lots of talented players this year period! Morris, smith and massengale are all great players. We should be thankful to get to watch them play in a very competitive region. Good luck to all teams!
lillianhidgepork Wrote:You are wasting your time trying to reason with Gut. HDE is more open and I can see where he is coming from so I think he is a good guy.

Whitley is a good team. Craig is by far the most under rated kid on the team and without her playing well Whitley does nothing in post season.

As far as Morris, she draws junk defenses and doubles triples every game. That shows the coaches know far more than Gut cause they have genuine respect for her. Smith with a box and one or some of the junk defenses that is thrown at Morris would be lucky to score. Number one her strength is suspect at the next level and her low release on her shot will limit her effectiveness with a good defender on her. Also he lateral quickness is in doubt when it comes to major D1 talent. Union College will be a great spot for her and Ill tell Curry tomorrow he needs to offer her if he has not already.

Against Lincoln County
Smith 25 pts.
Johnson 17 pts.
Powers 8 pts.
Dingess 5 pts.
Craig 0 points.

Once again, i am not related to any of the girls on this team. I am a fan of high school basketball and considering Whitley hasnt had a good boys team in over 20 years, i cheer for the girls and keep up with them more.
Im gonna guess that youve never even seen Whitley play a game. From the looks of your post, you watch games from Anderson County to Bell County to Paducah. It becomes extremely hard to believe when you claim to have seen some of these games on the same night without knowing it.
As of right now, Johnson is looking ever bit as good as Smith. Smith does more scoring, but Johnson always seems to be in the right spot at the right time, while Powers does very well spreading the ball around and finding the open spot.

Theres only one thing that matters in the end and thats who brings home the hardware. Theres no sense in arguing with 4th and 5th place teams.

Hows that top 10 of yours looking compared to mine btw? Confusednicker:
bball lover Wrote:Top 15 Free Throw
Morris #1
Whitley ??

Top 3pt Field Goal Leaders
#4 Maria Johnson
Bell ??

Top 15 Score Leaders
Bell #5
Whitley ??

Top 15 Field Goals
Bell #6
Whitley ??

Top 15 Free Throw Leaders
Bell #13
Whitley ??

Top 15 3pt Leaders
Bell #3
Whitley ??

As you can see GUT, there are other people on Morris' team that can score. These are of course stats from the teams that have submitted scores. So Bell may get knocked out of many of the groups. But if Bell drops, so does Whitley. At least Bell is in 5 of the 12 categories as compared to 1.

LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE BELL HAS PLAYED.

I wrote it bigger that time so you can see.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:I figured a man of your standing would have already known where to find that.

I can find it.
You need to post a link with your articles and info off of other sites for copyright reasons genius.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE BELL HAS PLAYED.

I wrote it bigger that time so you can see.

Please read post #29, I will repost part of it for you to see:

OK Let's talk about Schedules, consider this. By the end of the year this is how our schedules stack up to one another
Of Whitley's 27 games, 16 of them are on Bell's schedule, 5 teams have poor or losing records & 3 teams from TN - I cant comment on.
These are the team's records you claim are so strong and Smith dominated
Lafayette 8-8, Casey Co. 5-7, Calloway 10-8, Seneca 6-9, Tates Creek 6-10.
Sacred Heart, Lincoln and Nelson are the only 3 teams where I can see you have an argument.
Bell has played Rockcastle, Perry & won a scrimmage with Clay (doesnt really count). So I wouldnt say Bell's schedule is "laughable" unless you are willing to admit the same for Whitley.
I wouldnt make fun of N. Laurel if I were you. Who didnt beat them last year? And look what happened to you. At least Bell played Clay in the region, who won the whole thing.
Surely Run you are not one of those people that believe ALL Lexington and Louisville teams are the best in the state?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There's only one thing that matters in the end and that's who brings home the hardware. There's no sense in arguing with 4th and 5th place teams.

:lame:What hardware you bringing home gut? The only hardware that's ever been brought to Whitley's girls program was in (I think) 1985 or 86 when they won the State Championship and that was the best team that has ever played in that gym!! 2013 Whitley wouldn't be a good game for them..And pretty sure just a few of the starters went on to play college ball....at Cumberland College..

And as for schedules, Clay plays the toughest schedule year in and year out..Only a couple of out of region teams Whitley has played even has winning records..most of those teams are way down this year, but nice try! :dontthink

I would wait til I got out of my district before I started talking bout hardware.. Whitley's regional championship came early in December when they beat Clay:1:, which is really nothing more than a good game film for them!

Whitley better figure out where that 10pts Craig had on Clay is going to come from. Without Craig, Whitley is a 4th or 5th place team!:flush:

Top 3 teams for region:

1. Clay County (been there, refuse to loose, coaching, had some adversity)
2. Harlan County (just hard nosed basketball, home court advantage)
3. Bell County (Morris, what else can I say!)

Sorry, don't talk about 4th or 5th placeConfusednicker:
Quote:3. Bell County (Morris, what else can I say!)

Super player but she cant carry her team to a regional title. HC exposed the greatest weakness that Bell has, very little post play. She can maybe carry her team to quarter final and if they are lucky and dont have to face a good big, to the finals. Her supporting cast have to play flawlessly in order for Bell to make it to the finals of the region imo. It could happen, this game is a game of runs and who is hot at the right time and who gets the breaks.
Good point Hitter, but I wouldn't say Harlan County is as good as last year, they were much stronger in the post last year. Bell was able to pull off a win over them last year and Bell basically has the same team (little post play). They were able to hold Morris to 8 last year in the 1st game, but she came on the 2nd game dropped 34 and won by 10..Bell eventually fell to them in District Championship (@ Harlan Co). Bell is a little deeper than they were last year.

Harlan Co. is playing awfully good right now, but still a long season. Don't want to peak to early.. A couple good losses may make you stronger..

Most true statement of all...WHO WILL GET THE BREAKS!! Sad but true, just a couple of bad calls kills you in a close game! Wish the refs would just do their job and let the kids win the game!
Febuary 15th.

Craig will only be out 4-6 weeks.
That plenty of time before the tourney.
I think Harlan County is a little better overall than last year. Some of the guards are growing up and Evans is finally getting healthy after about three surgeries on her knees. They still have trouble scoring at times, so they have to work hard every night to win. Their defense has been great so far.
HCHS did stop Morris once last year and then she exploded the next. She is very capable of scoring 40 just about any night.
I'd still rank it Whitley, Clay, Harlan County and Bell County at this point.
Harlan is good HDE, I agree. Really like the guard.

Gut, I have forgot more about basketball than you will ever know.

These other posters are making you look bad and I am like wizzard I am just sitting back enjoying it. Most dont like your take on basketball as it is usually wrong, and they are starting to stand up and tell you. If Whitley dont win region after the things you have said, I would leave the board if I were you.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Against Lincoln County
Smith 25 pts.
Johnson 17 pts.
Powers 8 pts.
Dingess 5 pts.
Craig 0 points.

Once again, i am not related to any of the girls on this team. I am a fan of high school basketball and considering Whitley hasnt had a good boys team in over 20 years, i cheer for the girls and keep up with them more.
Im gonna guess that youve never even seen Whitley play a game. From the looks of your post, you watch games from Anderson County to Bell County to Paducah. It becomes extremely hard to believe when you claim to have seen some of these games on the same night without knowing it.
As of right now, Johnson is looking ever bit as good as Smith. Smith does more scoring, but Johnson always seems to be in the right spot at the right time, while Powers does very well spreading the ball around and finding the open spot.

Theres only one thing that matters in the end and thats who brings home the hardware. Theres no sense in arguing with 4th and 5th place teams.

Just wanted to clarify....Craig was out of the game with a broken hand after the first couple of minutes of the first quarter. She did not take a shot! She never broke a sweat before the freak accident took place. Word has it she will be back in 4-6 weeks.:Thumbs: (you knew I would say something....just call me her biggest defender!!!)Confusednicker:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Just wanted to clarify....Craig was out of the game with a broken hand after the first couple of minutes of the first quarter. She did not take a shot! She never broke a sweat before the freak accident took place. Word has it she will be back in 4-6 weeks.:Thumbs: (you knew I would say something....just call me her biggest defender!!!)Confusednicker:

I also said that in another post.
My point was Smith carried the team after the injury with help from Johnson.
Acording to Porky, she cant carry a team.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Harlan is good HDE, I agree. Really like the guard.

Gut, I have forgot more about basketball than you will ever know.

These other posters are making you look bad and I am like wizzard I am just sitting back enjoying it. Most dont like your take on basketball as it is usually wrong, and they are starting to stand up and tell you. If Whitley dont win region after the things you have said, I would leave the board if I were you.

All i have said is that Whitley is the favorite.
Your the one constantly looking like the moron.
Dont worry, we all make fun of you as well :biggrin:
Also, nice play being super nice to everyone else to try and make me look bad. When you watch Anderson play and then Bell County on the same night, do you fly a private jet and land on top of the schools?
And tell me what? Do you think its hurting my feelings? We are anonymous afterall, do you think it hurts my profiles feelings?

You never did answer my question from another post.
I guess you looked at our rankings and seen why Mr. Girls high school basketball guru blue chip genius.

Oh and one more thing.......

I havent been to a girls basketball game in years, 2007 to be exact.... Confusednicker:
Ive never seen any girl on Whitleys team this year, or any team this year for that matter, ever play a basketball game.

Your really good arguing with somebody that hasnt even seen any of these teams play. It was fun aggervating the shit out of you though :hilarious:
And Wizzard, you can go back to your usual self. I tried to help you, but you just wasnt smart enough to figure that out with your homer attitude.
HDE is the smartest poster on this board BTW. Hes covered more games then Porky will ever watch in his lifetime. I enjoyed bickering with him at times, but always respected his post. A couple of you on the other hand remind me of extreme liberal dems. It never ceases to amaze me at what you'll say next.

Have fun and carry on. Ill watch at how my blind knowledge rivals that of the all time basketball guru mr. porky himself.
Now I feel bad for giving you a hard time on the football forum.
I don't know what to do with Gut and lillianhidgepork both agreeing with me. There's no one left to debate with.
^
That was my whole point in doing this.
The forum around this time of year is dead.
The only option is to force a debate Confusednicker:
Morris is a great player and will be the best to ever play in the 13th region IF she stays injury free. Folks she is just a soph.
She could play for most boys teams in the 13th.
But we are talking about teams that can make a run at the region and Whitley is the better team.
Folks Morris is the real deal. Has offers from U.K. and Louisville.

I will take my Colonels in the game vs BELL
She's a great player.
I don't know if she'll cross into Kim Mays-Kim Jones-Vonda Jackson-Lori Kluck territory or not.
She is better HDE. Do I detect the white flag starting to eek out of Gut? heck gut anyone can tell you havnt watched much basketball lately by just reading your posts........
lillianhidgepork Wrote:She is better HDE. Do I detect the white flag starting to eek out of Gut? heck gut anyone can tell you havnt watched much basketball lately by just reading your posts........

No white flag.
I can continue on and show you up even though i dont watch the games.

We all get a good laugh at here at BGR Confusednicker:

Your one of our classics now.
redstorm Wrote:Morris is a great player and will be the best to ever play in the 13th region IF she stays injury free. Folks she is just a soph.
She could play for most boys teams in the 13th.
But we are talking about teams that can make a run at the region and Whitley is the better team.
Folks Morris is the real deal. Has offers from U.K. and Louisville.

I will take my Colonels in the game vs BELL

Morris is the next Michael Jordan!
She will be drafted into the NBA instead of the WNBA!
Just ask porky.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:She is better HDE.

Not yet.
Maybe before she's done.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Morris is the next Michael Jordan!
She will be drafted into the NBA instead of the WNBA!
Just ask porky.

Just ask anyone. Specifically, KHSAA. She is closing in on the all time scoring record at Bell, BOYS or GIRLS. She should break that record later this season. She has over 1,600 points and the record is just shy of 1,800, set by Brook Smith. This means if she stays injury free, she will surpass the 2,000 point mark early in her Junior year. Furthermore, she will hit the 1,000 rebound mark mid way thru her Junior year as well, if she maintains her current pace.
bball lover Wrote:Just ask anyone. Specifically, KHSAA. She is closing in on the all time scoring record at Bell, BOYS or GIRLS. She should break that record later this season. She has over 1,600 points and the record is just shy of 1,800, set by Brook Smith. This means if she stays injury free, she will surpass the 2,000 point mark early in her Junior year. Furthermore, she will hit the 1,000 rebound mark mid way thru her Junior year as well, if she maintains her current pace.

I seen Calipari recruiting at there game the other day.
bball lover she cant play...just ask Gut. ( of course all the college coaches know nothing)
gut one day I am going to reveal who I am on here. #realtalk