Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT/Whayne Supply Mountain Basketball Classic
if knott gets every call from the referees like they usually do it wont matter. knott already has the easiest road to the finals i have seen.
I want to see how Johnson does for perry. Can they play as a team?
Hit and Run Wrote:Bigger storyline is how will Marcum respond coaching in a pressure packed game. His track record isn't overly good. He has captured His 4-2 record in this thing is a little inflated because of how good his first team was. I'm anxious to see the matchup.

Marcum hasn't been overly clutch in his first two years as a coach, but Spurlock's track record isn't much to brag about either. Clearly had the best team at Sheldon Clark last year, and he lost in the first round which he did frequently here at Clay County. Who cares about the coaching anyways, I'd excited to see the players. Got Perry's studs Beverly, Johnson and Cornett with Clay's star McDaniel and underrated supporting cast. Going to be a great one for the fans!
Knott wouldn't have beat hazard the first time if the referee hadn't called a phantom intentional foul on hazard just after hazard had taken the lead late in the fourth . That gave knott a six point trip. Then hazard still would have won if they call a foul at the end of the game when justice slapped hollow in the face on a last second shot.
I cant understand that people get on here and are still complaining about the calls in the hazard and kcc game. I guess that Hazard didnt get any calls for them in the game. Let that game rest. I guess that was the reason that kcc had all three of their frontcourt players foul out because they had the refs help them win. get real people if they had the refs in their back pocket the frontcourt players would have not foul out.
hitter Wrote:Knott wouldn't have beat hazard the first time if the referee hadn't called a phantom intentional foul on hazard just after hazard had taken the lead late in the fourth . That gave knott a six point trip. Then hazard still would have won if they call a foul at the end of the game when justice slapped hollow in the face on a last second shot.

Hollow is he a new recruit? I hadn't hurd of him. :biggrin:
hitter Wrote:Knott wouldn't have beat hazard the first time if the referee hadn't called a phantom intentional foul on hazard just after hazard had taken the lead late in the fourth . That gave knott a six point trip. Then hazard still would have won if they call a foul at the end of the game when justice slapped hollow in the face on a last second shot.

hitter you got 10 posts and you are 0 for 10, not much of a hitter!:biglmao:

First...
Knot had a four point trip. They turned it over when they threw it in.

Second...
When "Hollow" got touched on the no call - I'm pretty sure it was a two possession game.
^lol
SHOULS EXCITING TO WATCH. ALOT OF GOOD LOCAL TALENT. WELL WORTH THE PRICE OF ADMISSION...-TURN YOUR FROWN UPSIDE DOWN CAUSE SMILEYS COME TO TOWN:Clap:
After Hazard's game tonight against Breathitt the Bulldogs seemed primed for their game against Harlan County. This looks to be the marquee game of the opening round.These two played a heartstopper last year in the WYMT decided on a buzzer beater by Hazard guard Josh Hollan. Looks to be a contest between Harlan's dynamic guard combo versus Hazard's size and depth. Too bad Hollan won't be there. Still out with an ankle injury. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
I think either Hazard, Knott or Perry will take this tourney. Hazard is by far the deepest and that will be good if alot of fouls are called. Knott has the most starting talent and could easily repeat. Perry is talented and has the home court advantage. Should be a good one.
Knott will be ready
I would like to know who B.B. King bribed at wymt to get this bracket. knott should walk into the finals.
When hollow got hit in the face by justice it was on the last play of regulation.
jacobcody2 Wrote:I cant understand that people get on here and are still complaining about the calls in the hazard and kcc game. I guess that Hazard didnt get any calls for them in the game. Let that game rest. I guess that was the reason that kcc had all three of their frontcourt players foul out because they had the refs help them win. get real people if they had the refs in their back pocket the frontcourt players would have not foul out.

Just one of their front court fouled out. And if you would have seen the game you would wonder how the refs still had their license. It was almost as bad as the knott vs. breathitt game in the semi finals of the region last year. And I am not even a hazard or breathitt fan.
hitter Wrote:Just one of their front court fouled out. And if you would have seen the game you would wonder how the refs still had their license. It was almost as bad as the knott vs. breathitt game in the semi finals of the region last year. And I am not even a hazard or breathitt fan.

Simon Christon, Chance Cornett and Evan Hall ALL fouled out of this game. Christon and Cornett early in the 4th, Hall early in overtime. If you would have seen the game you would have known this Confusednicker:
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Simon Christon, Chance Cornett and Evan Hall ALL fouled out of this game. Christon and Cornett early in the 4th, Hall early in overtime. If you would have seen the game you would have known this Confusednicker:

:truestory:
Downtown10 Wrote::truestory:

Christon and Cornett are small forwards that means they are members of the backcourt
hitter Wrote:Christon and Cornett are small forwards that means they are members of the backcourt

:rage:
WYMT starts tomorrow night. With the exception of Johnson Central most of the regional contenders are there. Weather will be good. Plenty of parking and seating at Perry Central. Raises a lot of money for scholarships for the young students. Support these athletes. Come out and watch them play they have worked hard. Athletics build character. Brother Cecil.
it's just one day to tip off. it's time to put up or shut up.- TURN YOUR FROWN UPSIDE DOWN SMILEY'S COME TO TOWN:notworthy:biglmao:
[quote=hitter]Christon and Cornett are small forwards that means they are members of the backcourt[/QUOTE

Forwards are frontcourt and PG and SG are backcourt. So, KCC had all three bigs to foul out. I was at the game and I guess hazard did not get a call. I think the 39 free throws they took was all great calls by the refs. Every team gets calls at home. I dont care who the team is. Home teams get calls. Not just KCC.
Knott County draw into the finals easy, Perry and Hazard will kill each other in the semi finals on friday that will probably be the best game of the tournament, Dont count out Harlan Central or ClayCo though dont understand why Corbin and Johnson,Central was not in this tournament either to replace North Laurel and Breathitt County.
Knott by 15 over Besty Layne Breathitt County by 5 over North Laurel.
Hazard by 4 over Harlan Central and Perry by 7 over Clay County.

Friday
Knott by 13 over Breathitt
Hazard by 3 over Perry in OT

Finals
Knott by 2 over Hazard.
If it comes down to Hazard/KCC, I could really see Hazard winning this one. Even without Hollan.

Knott over Betsy Layne by 9
North Laurel over Breathitt by 5

Hazard over Harlan Co. by 5
Perry over Clay Co. by 3

Knott over North Laurel by 7
Hazard over Perry by 1 in OT (gonna be awesome)

Hazard over Knott by 4.

Combination of great play recently by Hazard. Subpar play by Knott and I feel momentum from tougher earlier round games gives Hazard the advantage. Look for another tight one though, which will still help Hazard (as long as they quit fouling Justice) because if they get KCC in foul trouble again, I don't see them letting another one get by.
hitter Wrote:Christon and Cornett are small forwards that means they are members of the backcourt

I'm not even gonna bother...
The top ranked team in the 13th region (Harlan County Black Bears) have hardly even been mentioned as a possible contender in this tourney. A total lack of respect for Harlan County Basketball, but I must admit that playing a generally weak schedule and having not won a regional tournament game in 4 years we have not earned the respect that we feel we deserve! 26-7 record last year and 15-2 record this year mean absolutely nothing until we show up and prove we can beat a quality opponent in a big game!!! Having said all of that I would like to say COME ON HC go over there and EARN the respect that you want and feel you deserve!!!