Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chuck Smith Coming to Corbin????
Pepsi was always the job said, but it was hardly ever done. I know of 4 different people who got what they wanted, but im not getting into that on here. There were several others.

Vin got kids to come to Corbin. It was that simple. However he done it, legal or not, he done it.
Had he been able to stay out of hot water, he would have prolly still been here. Look at how much the program has fallen off since hes left. Youll also notice it isnt a tri county all star team playing there anymore.

Those big names arent around anymore, and its one reason the program has fallen off so much, well, that an keeping Jewell as long as they have.

Permian and Buddy Garrity has nothing on what use to go on at Corbin.
You know gut we don't always agree but on this I'm with you 100% but this isn't the place to air out all of Corbin's dirty laundry. But if vin was still here things would be different for sure.
This isn't gonna happen. If he's rumored to go to Danville and Dunbar, then Corbin would be the least likely of those three schools to land him.

Of course, who would have thought out of Kentucky, Auburn, Tennessee, and Arkansas that Kentucky would have pulled off by far the second best hire? So, who knows?
I'll let people assume whatever about Mr. Hoover and how he may or may not have got kids to Corbin. The most underrated part of his presence in town was just his overall charisma and innovative ways to help promote the program and make it desirable and marketable. Corbin used to be a place where people wanted to come to watch football on Friday nights. Now, it's simply turned into a novelty.

Other than the performance, I have two gripes. The first gripe is that the band SHOULD NOT play as the team runs out onto the field. They work hard and do a very good job at what they do but that moment should be reserved for Guns N Roses.

The second gripe is uniform related. Whoever told Coach Jewell that those uniforms that Corbin has worn for the past two seasons seriously needs re-evaluated. Corbin doesn't and shouldn't need any ridiculous stripes on their uniforms. The only stripe they need is the one down the middle of the helmet (which should also return).