Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSU Sean Wood taking some heat
LWC Wrote:I have never seen the massive amount of people with double-standards on this board. Bobby Knight is bad, Cal's cussing out is bad, Billy Gillespie is evil for what he did, etc.... However, Sean Woods is a saint. Makes no sense.
Double standards? Hmmm, now where have I heard someone else talk about that stuff before?......I'll think on that one and get back with with you.

Good grief, you act like he threw him across the floor and stomped up and down on his head or something.......that was absolutely nothing. I repeat...NOTHING.

Here's a permanent cure for the problem though. Perhaps you can scare the livin daylights out of him by emailing Morehead's AD and tell him to tell Woods has got two demerits coming. Then when he wants to discuss the deal, you can be a big important actin guy and just ignore him. I guarantee he'd sure never pull another stunt like that again. Makes no sense.
Inmates? Thugs? Did this kid commit a crime?

So he is not allowed to show emotion. After fouling out of a very emotional game. But he's a thug because of it?

What does that make his coach that was off the chains all night?
Bob Seger Wrote:Good grief, you act like he threw him across the floor and stomped up and down on his head or something.......that was absolutely nothing. I repeat...NOTHING.

Here's a permanent cure for the problem though. Perhaps you can scare the livin daylights out of him by emailing Morehead's AD and tell him to tell Woods has got two demerits coming. Then when he wants to discuss the deal, you canbe a big tough guy and just ignore him. He'd sure never pull another stunt like that again. Makes no sense.

Your living proof it works. It's all you talk about.

If I knew sending you an infraction was all it took to get you this pissed off. I would have done it a year ago.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Inmates?
Please tell me you have never heard that figure of speech.

And a coach coaches their style and can demand their players act according to their wishes. HE IS THE COACH, THE PLAYER IS THE PLAYER. If you do not like it, transfer. And if enough transfer, believe me, the coach will not be employed anymore.

No one tells their boss how they are going to act or do their job, the boss tells you how you are going to do it. The student does not tell the teacher how the class is going to be held, the teacher dictates the classroom agenda. The inmates do not tell the security officers how the prison will be run, the officers lay the law. They are all analogies. Don't read into it anymore than that.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Inmates? Thugs? Did this kid commit a crime?

So he is not allowed to show emotion. After fouling out of a very emotional game. But he's a thug because of it?

And that line of thinking is exactly why Sheldon Clark has never been able to win anything in basketball. That has always been the actions of their players on the floor, and the passiveness of their multiple multiple coaches that would never do anything to discipline them. It's why they have always been loosers. Play for Bill Mike,Wendall Wallen or any of the other greats and see how much of that junk you get away with, and see what the penalty is for even thinking about pulling a stunt like that on the floor.

Go Sean!!!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Your living proof it works. It's all you talk about.

If I knew sending you an infraction was all it took to get you this pissed off. I would have done it a year ago.

Nope. And I would have laughed at it just like I laughed at the other one, as it was so ridiculous. Barney and Gomer, Barney and Gomer and a little bullet in someone's pocket.. However there is no excuse for yella bellied cowardice.:popcorn:
^Cowardice? Remember, this is a message board, not the school yard, lol.
LWC Wrote:^Cowardice? Remember, this is a message board, not the school yard, lol.

Do tell, Barney?:popcorn:
Bob Seger Wrote:And that line of thinking is exactly why Sheldon Clark has never been able to win anything in basketball. That has always been the actions of their players on the floor, and the passiveness of their multiple multiple coaches that would never do anything to discipline them. It's why they have always been loosers. Play for Bill Mike,Wendall Wallen or any of the other greats and see how much of that junk you get away with, and see what the penalty is for even thinking about pulling a stunt like that on the floor.

Go Sean!!!

Sheldon Clark hasn't done anything in basketball since its Been nothing but politics. If you wasn't from the 2 chosen elementary schools you wouldn't be given a chance to even play in middle school. Even if they averaged 19 points.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Sheldon Clark hasn't done anything in basketball since its Been nothing but politics. If you wasn't from the 2 chosen elementary schools you wouldn't be given a chance to even play in middle school. Even if they averaged 19 points.

WRONG....Every year they used to put the best talent in the region on the floor at the high school level and couldn't get out of the district.....It's the kids and their undisciplinable attitudes. It's been like that since their inception in 1973. It's always been more show than go because they have never had a coach who would lay the law down. They have always acted just the punk acting kid at Morehead last night, and have been able to get away with it.
how's Woods actions any different than this:
Bob Seger Wrote:WRONG....Every year they used to put the best talent in the region on the floor at the high school level and couldn't get out of the district.....It's the kids and their undisciplinable attitudes. It's been like that since their inception in 1973. It's always been more show than go because they have never had a coach who would lay the law down. They have always acted just the punk acting kid at Morehead last night, and have been able to get away with it.

Lol WRONG. Since 2000 they have played nothing but BOE favorites. We took a lunch league and destroyed the 2007 starting team in a school tourney. They have not played the best players in years. Your told as soon as you enter the sustem weather or not your mommy and daddy donate enough money to play for the team.
if that was my kid i'd be on sean woods like white on rice. he's lucky weezy didn't bust him a good one
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol WRONG. Since 2000 they have played nothing but BOE favorites. We took a lunch league and destroyed the 2007 starting team in a school tourney. They have not played the best players in years. Your told as soon as you enter the sustem weather or not your mommy and daddy donate enough money to play for the team.

WRONG JUNIOR WRONG.........Your forgettiing I had almost 25 years of Sheldon Clark under my belt before you were even born, then add another 15, before you even knew where the floor was. Sheldon Clark has always had bumper crops of talent on the floor, but has always had the exact same attitude that you are showing right now. It's always been, Blame somebody else, aint my fault, I'm the star, choke when it matters. Biggest bunch of head cases and first class losers on the the planet. If you're a loser then, you'll wind up being a loser later on in life. It's how it always works out. If you all had a Sean Woods type just one time, you could have went someplace. Eternally playing the blame game.

Atkinson took to Twitter with this comment:

"I need for everyone to chill with all this talk about my coach he was telling me some good stuff and he love me he was tell me good stuff."

Devon Atkinson

You see there, "Barney and Gomer", even the kid thinks some of you are a bunch of babbling fools.
toussaints Wrote:how's Woods actions any different than this:

Great example toussaints. Of course I doubt that you'll ever be able to convince a couple of the "spectator wimps" posting here that never played the game............... They know who they are......
Bob Seger Wrote:WRONG JUNIOR WRONG.........Your forgettiing I had almost 25 years of Sheldon Clark under my belt before you were even born, then add another 15, before you even knew where the floor was. Sheldon Clark has always had bumper crops of talent on the floor, but has always had the exact same attitude that you are showing right now. It's always been, Blame somebody else, aint my fault, I'm the star, choke when it matters. Biggest bunch of head cases and first class losers on the the planet. If you're a loser then, you'll wind up being a loser later on in life. It's how it always works out. If you all had a Sean Woods type just one time, you could have went someplace. Eternally playing the blame game.

Notice the SINCE 2000!

And since then there best talent has not been on the floor. Hell they fired there past 2 coaches because the BOE Superintendent son did not see the floor.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Notice the SINCE 2000!

And since then there best talent has not been on the floor. Hell they fired there past 2 coaches because the BOE Superintendent did not see the floor.

What about the previous 27 years then?

Listen junior I had sons play Sheldon Clark through all the years you are talking about up till 2007.. You cant tell me anything about Sheldon Clark.

By the way, I dont think the BOE Superintendent is allowed to play anyways. The age cut off is 19 now.Confusedhh:
Bob Seger Wrote:What about the previous 27 years then?

Listen junior I had sons play Sheldon Clark through all the years you are talking about up till 2007.. You cant tell me anything about Sheldon Clark.

By the way, I dont think the BOE Superintendent is allowed to play anyways. The age cut off is 19 now.Confusedhh:

Thats why i said 2000, because i have no idea what was going on then.

SON, I edited it after u quoted it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Thats why i said 2000, because i have no idea what was going on then.

SON, I edited it after u quoted it.

Only thing I saw is attitudes just get worse and worse as the years went by.

Hey, wasn't that quite a statement by Atkinson? Feel foolish now?:popcorn::hilarious:
zaga_fan Wrote:People need to get over this...

The shove wasn't a big deal and it looked like he was pushing the issue when he was getting in the kids face - but the kid would never look him straight in the eyes.

If the kid wouldn't have been a punk and just looked at the coach why he was talking this wouldn't have been a big deal.

LOL! Looks like you are a member of the BIAS MEDIA AGAINST CAL! A True Kentucky Faithful/

From the Cal Calling jones a mother ****** thread. You was saying how bad it was and how you said there is no place for it in sports. But now its perfectly fine. Was mainly the fact that he pushed the kid, then they shoulder bumped.

After Aslan Said Cursing is apart of sports.

zaga_fan Wrote:We disagree...

I understand he has his freedom of speech and I also believe that you have to deal with stuff like that sometimes.
Cursing should never be a solidified part of anything in a public forum IMO
Bob Seger Wrote:Only thing I saw is attitudes just get worse and worse as the years went by.

Hey, wasn't that quite a statement by Atkinson? Feel foolish now?:popcorn::hilarious:

What is he going to say, "My coach is an Asshole and i will probably never see the playing floor again"?

I dont think it was that big a deal. OR the guy should even be punished. I just think he should control his emotions a little when it comes to pushing and should bumping his inmates.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:LOL! Looks like you are a member of the BIAS MEDIA AGAINST CAL! A True Kentucky Faithful/

From the Cal Calling jones a mother ****** thread. You was saying how bad it was and how you said there is no place for it in sports. But now its perfectly fine. Was mainly the fact that he pushed the kid, then they shoulder bumped.

What curse words were said to begin with? I didn't hear the first curse word in the video.

Hey, but then what about Atkinson, saying "coach was SAYING GOOD STUFF, he LOVE me he tell me GOOD STUFF"????.....................hmmmmmmmmmm?

Face it junior, you and Barney, just made yourselves look foolish, and you have lost this one badly.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:What is he going to say, "My coach is an Asshole and i will probably never see the playing floor again"?

I dont think it was that big a deal. OR the guy should even be punished. I just think he should control his emotions a little when it comes to pushing and should bumping his inmates.
Of course there is always that option of not saying anything at all, isn't there? He wasn't asked a question in an interview he had reply to, now was he?.................. Right????

lol........Nice attempt of down playing it all now since you tanked this one royally.Confusednicker:

Cant wait for "One Bullet Barney's" reprisal.:lmao:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Inmates? Thugs? Did this kid commit a crime?

Look at it like this...
MSU went into that game as a HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY underdog...
they were ahead for a big part of the night...
and they were still very much in it at that point.

The kid basically lets a pure scorer blow by him and he commits a stupid foul to send him to the FT line - that in itself is reason to yell at a kid when you're on the verge of one of the biggest upsets in your program's history.

Then add in the fact that it was the kid's fifth foul, he just strolls off the court, talks back to the coach and won't look at him while the kid is talking to him.

I just see this as a non-issue and we'll see what comes of it.

I find it funny that it is being said that it's a double-standard and this kid isn't being allowed to show emotion...
but when the coach shows emotion he needs to be reprimanded.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:LOL! Looks like you are a member of the BIAS MEDIA AGAINST CAL! A True Kentucky Faithful/

I know everything I said and I'm not going to back down from any of it.

I'm sure Sean Woods said a few F-bombs in his little tirade and I will never be a fan of that.

But that little "shove" that he gave the kid and getting up in his grill I don't have a problem with. If Cal did the same thing I could care less. If Sean Woods mic picked up him telling the kid that he's a mother****** you wouldn't see me backing what he said.
toussaints Wrote:how's Woods actions any different than this:

It didn't end up getting its own thread and having people talk about how awful of a coach he is.
zaga_fan Wrote:Look at it like this...
MSU went into that game as a HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY underdog...
they were ahead for a big part of the night...
and they were still very much in it at that point.

The kid basically lets a pure scorer blow by him and he commits a stupid foul to send him to the FT line - that in itself is reason to yell at a kid when you're on the verge of one of the biggest upsets in your program's history.

Then add in the fact that it was the kid's fifth foul, he just strolls off the court, talks back to the coach and won't look at him while the kid is talking to him.

I just see this as a non-issue and we'll see what comes of it.

I find it funny that it is being said that it's a double-standard and this kid isn't being allowed to show emotion...
but when the coach shows emotion he needs to be reprimanded.

lol....Well, just consider the source on that one.
One game suspension for Woods. Appropriate IMO, but only for the little push toward the bench. Woods will probably tone it down a little bit while still teaching and showing some discipline to his team.
Bob Seger Wrote:Of course there is always that option of not saying anything at all, isn't there? He wasn't asked a question in an interview he had reply to, now was he?.................. Right????

lol........Nice attempt of down playing it all now since you tanked this one royally.Confusednicker:

Cant wait for "One Bullet Barney's" reprisal.:lmao:

Morehead State Coach Under Review For Actions on Sideline

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-basketbal...HjTeqH8.99