Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caldwell County @ DeSales 11/23
Caldwell County (10-3) vs. DeSales (9-4) at Fairdale

Colts in Class 2-A state semifinals for first time since 2009, when they went on to lose to Fort Campbell in state championship game.

* The Tigers are in the state semifinals for the first time since 1998, when they went on to defeat Danville for the state title. Caldwell County beat Murray 10-7 last week, with Brett Seymore nailing a 45-yard field goal with 2:39 left in the game for the winning margin. Caldwell County has a balanced offensive attack, with sophomore Jaylen Boyd rushing for 1,660 yards and 25 TDs and sophomore quarterback Elijah Sindelar passing for 2,510 yards and 29 TDs.

* The Colts won their third straight playoff game on the road last week, beating Glasgow 10-2 as junior running back Dylan Byrd rushed for 90 yards and the game's lone TD. He now has 1,599 rushing yards and 30 total TDs this season. The defense has been strong during DeSales' current four-game winning streak, allowing just eight points per contest. Senior linebacker James Davenport leads the Colts with 85 tackles.

* "They spread you out, and they can throw the ball. (Sindelar) can run if you don't contain him. We'll have some problems with that." -- DeSales coach Harold Davis

The pick: DeSales 23-21.

http://www.usatodayhss.com/louisville/ar...2311220079
Desales 15-14. They will move on to play the Bunnies in Bowling Green. Caldwell County will be the team to beat the next two years in the West
ColtPride Wrote:Jackson is a great back. But his season stats, which do not include playoff games, which is what the KHSAA lists, his numbers aren't as good as Byrd's. In a 10 game schedule, he had 148 carries , 1164 yards, 22 TD's. Byrd, in 10 games had 140 carries, 1217 yards, with 18 TD's. Those numbers are almost dead on each other. I still think Byrd played against better competition. I don't think anyone on your schedule is better than Central, and PRP. , and maybe only Warren Central is better than CAL was. The biggest knock on Byrd is his size. He's not a big back. He's not going to run over anyone. But he can catch the ball out of the backfield, and if he gets the corner he's gone.
Hey, i'm just glad we can still talk football, with our teams still in it! I just dropped my son off at DeSales, they are all spending the day together watching extra film, and prepping for tonight. Good luck to everyones teams tonight. This is what it's all about! I hope for safe trips for all that have to travel, and no injuries tonight.

Well those stats were updated on Jackson through the playoffs. We will just have to disagree just think Jackson is a better overall back. Can get you with speed or truck right overyou. Think byrd just being a jr will be an allstate candidate next year tho. Justed wanted point out that Caldwell had seen one of the best backs in the state and their own back is pretty solid as well. They have seen the speed and athleticism that Desales will come with. Of course they didnt handle ours very well so that might mean good things for you guys. Good luck and be safe.
Good luck and no injuries to both teams tonight! Go Caldwell County Tigers!

Caldwell County-31
Louisville DeSales-21