Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard @ Fairview 11/23
Oh, that would be West Huntington.
FBALL Wrote:I am offended on multiple levels. You threw in Mountaineers and Ashland in describing our area and then calling us buckeyes. That's so mean.

haha just messing with you...but Fairview does have a serious backfield...don't like adding a Huntington player though...:devilflam
The big question(s) are these...

1. Can Hazard's front lines hold their own and/or control the line of scrimmage?
2. How will Fairview respond if they do fall behind?
3. Hazard's game changers vs. Fairview's game changers (Fairview has multiple threats that can take it to the house on any given play).
4. IF...Fairview has to pass....?

Should be a great game.
coach23 Wrote:IMO. The scary thing about Hazard is that they can win in so many ways ! Hazads DBs could all play small college ball somewhere , olinger maybe small D1 . And one of the best players on Hazards team is hurt Johnson who was a db and they are still so good! Just to many athletes on Hazards team !! Hazard 21 Fairview 14 !

I could not agree more about hazard's db's, but Fairview is going to run the football. I am not sure Hazard can stop the run. I will go with Fairview 14
Hazard 7. I am actually pulling for Hazard in this game, but I expect a very low scoring game.
jetpilot Wrote:haha just messing with you...but Fairview does have a serious backfield...don't like adding a Huntington player though...:devilflam

Players not player.
Guys, I really wish this issue with players from where ever would die. The fact is they got them and Hazard will game plan for them. From what I have seen on film, they are not that terribly impressive. I am sure Hazard's coaching staff is not as concerned about where they came from as they are in how to stop them. I am also sure they will find a way to game plan for whatever players they have. That is just an issue that teams that are getting beat by them want to use for an excuse. Get over it and lets talk about the game, not transfers. That would be like Fairview fans getting on here complaining about the Texas transfer to Hazard. These are kids and they have been declared elligable, so they must be okay.
mysonis55 Wrote:Guys, I really wish this issue with players from where ever would die. The fact is they got them and Hazard will game plan for them. From what I have seen on film, they are not that terribly impressive. I am sure Hazard's coaching staff is not as concerned about where they came from as they are in how to stop them. I am also sure they will find a way to game plan for whatever players they have. That is just an issue that teams that are getting beat by them want to use for an excuse. Get over it and lets talk about the game, not transfers. That would be like Fairview fans getting on here complaining about the Texas transfer to Hazard. These are kids and they have been declared elligable, so they must be okay.

Actually noone really knows if they are eligible. The khsaa ruled them ineligible then fairview filed a Injunction allowing them to play. A few weeks ago a judge ruled they could play. The khsaa has the right to appeal that decision and u expect they would. So it is still a ongoing issue
i agree with mysonis55, They are there and hazard will have to prepare for them. Hazard has only played maybe 2 games against power running teams. One was Clintwood and the other Sheldon Clark. Clintwood is a primary power running team that CAN pass to keep defenses honest and they have solid recievers and there line was huge. Sheldon Clark wasnt really that impressive but they have a young team and one play the will run it down ur throat from the wishbone and the next they will spread you out.... Hazard barely won that Clintwood but Clintwood owned the LOS in the 1st half but the 2nd half was different.. So if hazard is to beat fairview they have to play 4 quaters..One thing ive said all year that the Hazard defense gets better as the game goes along.. They shall give up plays but they dont panic.. I also heard that Willie Taggart or however you spell it came to talk to Olinger and may of been at the Williamsburg game.. So hopefully western is interested..
Fairview has never been to a semifinals game, Hazard is there almost every year... Hazard should expect to win but i haven't seen them play or know what they have. Fairview on the other hand, i know what they have and it is impressive! very impressive. Fairview has only lost 2 games at home in the past four years. Pikeville in the region game last year, and to LCA in 2009 when they won state by about 40 that year. Its a tough place to play and will be a packed house. Fairview's just too hot right now, i say they win the battle 20-14.

:redboxer::redboxer::redboxer::redboxer::redboxer::redboxer:
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Actually noone really knows if they are eligible. The khsaa ruled them ineligible then fairview filed a Injunction allowing them to play. A few weeks ago a judge ruled they could play. The khsaa has the right to appeal that decision and u expect they would. So it is still a ongoing issue

Here's the real bullet douchefan, This issue has finally been settled. The KHSAA appealed it to the Kentucky Court of Appeals. All 5 Judges ruled the KHSAA wrong!

Go watch Buddy's practices cause we are still playing football in the wood!

By they way, our newest recruit has been uploaded on my personal profile page, which many of you creepers have already been on.

Please someone, click on the "Like" tab!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW !!!!!
Clint Westwood Wrote:Here's the real bullet douchefan, This issue has finally been settled. The KHSAA appealed it to the Kentucky Court of Appeals. All 5 Judges ruled the KHSAA wrong!

By they way, our newest recruit has been uploaded on my personal profile page, which many of you creepers have already been on.

Calm down man. No need for name calling. All I did was state what happened . I did not know the appeal had already been filed. If it has and fairview won good for them and the kids. If the courts say no wrong doing occurred then that's good enough for me. I was just informing a fan from another part if the state who commented. Good luck to the eagles on Friday.
Clint Westwood Wrote:Here's the real bullet douchefan, This issue has finally been settled. The KHSAA appealed it to the Kentucky Court of Appeals. All 5 Judges ruled the KHSAA wrong!

You have the perfect recruit now, having a judge on the team will save you guys a lot of trouble next year for sure.
Fairview has too many weapons...win by 2 touchdowns....34-20
Hazard by 10
Hazard by 14

Hazard's Defense is too strong and they have playmakers everywhere on offense.
With hazards line as big as they are they will win the battle in the trenches and make holes for jones to run through.
Williamsburg was a mediocur team and Hazard struggled with them at home the loss of Johnson has hurt Hazard big play capablity, All Im going to say is if Hazard goes to fairview and turns the ball over and they havent played well away from home all year against good teams they will lose I said at the begininng of the year they would be in the finals and on the road I like Fairview 28-26. I may be wrong but we will see.
ballboy Wrote:Williamsburg was a mediocur team and Hazard struggled with them at home the loss of Johnson has hurt Hazard big play capablity, All Im going to say is if Hazard goes to fairview and turns the ball over and they havent played well away from home all year against good teams they will lose I said at the begininng of the year they would be in the finals and on the road I like Fairview 28-26. I may be wrong but we will see.

Williamsburg is an excellent team,, They were much better than mediocur, Williamsburg matched up with hazard pretty well with about the same amount of playmakers. THe Difference was Jordan Olinger a senior who refused to lose and let his bulldogs die.. Hazard still has the big play capabilty but not as much with johnson on the field. The Hudson kid could get a few more throws in the redzone because hes BIG and has solid hands.. Hazard and Williamsburg both left points out on the field when they drove into each others redzone and below the 30. Hazard will not make that mistake twice and they will finish there drives. Higgins also needs a few more touches in the backfield because hes lighting fast if he gets a whole and can take it to the house because im not sure many will catch him in a foot race..
QUOTE=ballboy;1545850]Williamsburg was a mediocur team and Hazard struggled with them at home the loss of Johnson has hurt Hazard big play capablity, All Im going to say is if Hazard goes to fairview and turns the ball over and they havent played well away from home all year against good teams they will lose I said at the begininng of the year they would be in the finals and on the road I like Fairview 28-26. I may be wrong but we will see.[/QUOTE]:howdy:ballboy you want be able get any of hazard coaches or player to say williamsburg was mediocur.:dontthink.I am pulling for hazard 100%.ballboy welcome Confusederved:by the :policeman:policeman:policeman Confusedmoke:
64SUR Wrote:QUOTE=ballboy;1545850]Williamsburg was a mediocur team and Hazard struggled with them at home the loss of Johnson has hurt Hazard big play capablity, All Im going to say is if Hazard goes to fairview and turns the ball over and they havent played well away from home all year against good teams they will lose I said at the begininng of the year they would be in the finals and on the road I like Fairview 28-26. I may be wrong but we will see.
:howdy:ballboy you want be able get any of hazard coaches or player to say williamsburg was mediocur.:dontthink.I am pulling for hazard 100%.ballboy welcome Confusederved:by the :policeman:policeman:policeman Confusedmoke:[/QUOTE]

Yes your back !!!! I knew you could not stay away.
Hey 64SUR, good to see you back.

Guys i will be pulling for Hazard, but i think the home team wins this one. The game will be close throughout. I think Fairview puts together a long drive late and goes for 2 and the win.

Fairview 22
Hazard 21

Good luck to both on an injury free game.
Hazard once again wins in a defensive battle. Hazard wins 14-8.
35-28 Fairview
is wymt gonna carry this one?
:please:WYMT I Would love to watch this game on tv.Hazard is the defending 1A state champ . I vote :yes: Everybody join in for WYMT.:beg::beg::beg:
Williamsburg fans are for hazard bringing the trophy back to the mountains

Hazard 21
Fairview 7
Get em 64sur. Hazard brings the trophy back to the mountains!
27-21 Hazard. Hazard is good in the trenches and has the speed to keep Fairview off the edges.
I'm going with Fairview. They are primarily a running team but they can beat you in a lot of ways.
Anyone know if 101.1 is covering this game or not?/ If not is there an website i can listen to it online.?
My co-worker's son said King will be throwing his crazy halfback pass that scored on Raceland the first play and will spread the line across the field for that stupid trick huddle crap! if Fairview plays the trickery game they will be beat, if they come out and just run their plays I think the eagles win by 3TDs'..