Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 7 Williamsburg 0
Well 64 it's been fun. Looks like your boys putt up a he-- of a fight for you. Take pork up on that offer & start rooting for them. You haven't gotta hang it up yet. The most important thing is that I hope no one hot injured.
Great game !!!!! Both teams came to play. Both teams should of scored more then they did . JOnes had a great run and should have scored , think he got triped up at the 28 and wburgs d held up again . Hazards line steped up when needed smith had a lot of big plays as well as olinger , higgans roll and arnett on D . But maybe the best play all year any class was Olingers run i really think he broke like 10 tackles on one play !! some one just said it before it was like the Reggie Bush play for USC !! Congrats Bulldogs on 6 in a row !!
mysonis55 are you going to the game next week?? Hazard 17 Fairview 14 ??
Great game and then play by Olinger. How about the Dawg defense led by Alex Francis
This was a great game to be in attendance! Good display of two teams battling all night and leaving it all on the field. Congrats Bulldogs and bring back that trophy to the mountains. Great Season Jackets you all left it all on the field.

I Would love to see these two in a regular season game next year!
Heck of a game for both teams. Congrats Hazard and good luck next week.
Williamsburg played well defensively, and there offense out gained Hazard for most of the game. The Olinger kids made one heck of a play, and he is a special player. Williamsburg simply could not finish off drives. They were in the redzone three times, and had good field position several times in this game. Williamsburg commited a lot of penalties which really hurt them as well. I do not think the schedule dictated anything, but Hazard having some pretty good physical DB's was the difference in the game.
One of the best games of the year in Kentucky football. Old School defensive battle. 1 Play was the difference.
Congrats to Hazard for a hard fought win. They showed tonight why they're the reigning State Champs. I hope Hazard repeats in BG.

I'm happy to see that so many former Jacket Bashers have finally seen the light. We're a LOT better team than most of you gave us credit for. I congratulated a few of the Bulldogs after the game and wished them well against Fairview. One of Hazard's linemen said that the Jackets were faster and stronger than he expected. That was cool for him to say.

For the Jackets to end this season playing the reigning State Champs to a 0-0 tie deep into the 4th quarter... it a bittersweet note to end on, but I'll take it. I'll just lower the ol' football banner, fold it neatly and put it away until August.

One last jab... according to the graphic at the following link, each NFL team should be able to beat any other team on "Any Given Sunday," so, Buffalo Bildos, I still believe the Jackets could beat Somerset on "Any Given Friday."
http://lockersmash.com/2012/11/striking-...f-balance/

Logging off until August.... I am, Avery Bullock
Williamsburg wasnt satisfied with there showing year before.. They have to be satisfied here some even though they lost.. They made up for a 28-0 loss year before.. I do think Williamsburg has a legit shot next year for gold..
64sur. All joking aside don't leave. You made it fun it get on here everyday to read what you have wrote. You should be very proud of them. They played there hearts out and never quit. I was hoping to talk to you at the game and yes I held my hands up for you.
One last jab from me also. Can we use a bus ?
The run by Olinger was amazing. Best run I've seen in a long time. I hope 64SUR hangs on and keeps posting and people get off his/her back. It may be a bit annoying, but he/she has great enthusiasm and is not a pure ass like some people.
williamsburg can't get over the hump. The hardest thing in sports is taking the next step from a good team to a champion. Hazard is the champ until somebody can beat them.
Last night I caught a glimpse of a guy pulling his coat up to reveal what he had written on the back of his 12th man Shirt, it was drawn out in Big Black Sharpie 64sur he was ready to reveal his true identity had Williamsburg won. I followed him around all night waiting for the big reveal. Looks like we'll have to wait for next season. He does make this place fun.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Congratulations Bulldogs!!!!
Six straight Region Championships!!!!
Congrats to Coach Dixon on his 100th win!!!!!

Congrats to W-burg on a great season! They certainly came to play.

Congrats to Coach Dixon, he took over a football program that was becoming a joke. Before Dixon (early 2000's) Hazard always had great talent but no one was ever about the team and football was just something to do until basketball season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hitemup Wrote:Couldn't of happened to a cockier fan base. Glad to see WBurg lose. I guess you got your wish with your chants of "We Want Hazard."

Letting a couple of posters on here judge an entire fan base is a little harsh. Most of those posters have eaten their "crow" and been very humble in their responses and some have wished Hazard Good Luck and hope they repeat. Those young men of Williamsburg played their hearts out and to take pleasure in their failure speaks volumes about your character.
Two Olinger's make plays on the football field for Hazard.. Jordan Olinger 80 yards TD run then little cousin Jalen Olinger gets an INT inside the 5 yard line....

Whats new! Olinger family has been good to the Hazard Football program.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Defensive battle out their!!! Both of these teams were really similar, great skill guys, ok lineman,, solid linebackers.

The biggest similarity is they both struggle in the red zone when the field is shortened or condensed down.

Thought both teams left alot of points out their, both had penalities at terrible times, Hazard must get plays in quicker, seemed rushed alot of time.

Thought this would be the game where the Dawgs really, really would miss Austin Johnson, I think if healthy he would make the dawgs 2 or 3 tds better than the Jackets, his replacement Jalen Olinger came up with a huge interception to save the game, Austin is a great kid and leader, hope he makes full recovery before baseball.

Loved Williamsburg fan support, even with game on Tv and being about hour and half away, they had great numbers at the game,, HAZARD MUST have that next week at Fairview.

I do think W-burg will be favorite for next season, improving their schedule would defintly help, might not have made huge difference last night but it would really help, early season battles, even if you lose couple games,are big for Class A schools come playoff time. I have seen plenty of Hazard teams go 10-1 or 11-0 and score 60, 70 points a game against the school for the blind, then turn around and get waxed in the playoffs. Coach Dixon has done a great job last 7 or 8 years of making really tough schedule early on for dawgs, no matter who they play in the playoffs, they never seem intimitated or nervous.

Like I said really like what W-burg has going over their, BUT one more thing they must do next season, is QUIT TALKING!!! Not sure if it is the kids or just crazy fans or really proud parents, but they have talked trash and talked their selves up all year about going to Bowling Green, Hazard cant stop the AIR RAID, fighting with the Mayfield people (who have an elite program), Onedia Tenn is the best team in the southern USA, etc. etc. next year just GO OUT AND PLAY and we might well watch you in BOWLING GREEN.

The AIR RAID has put up ZERO points in EIGHT quarters against Hazard in the last twelve months, Hazard will return 7 or 8 starters on Defense next season, so it might not be any easier, could be wrong and the Jackets very well could put up 50 points on the dawgs next season,, but PLEASE do not tell us about it starting week 2 or 3.

Good luck to Dawgs next week,, and keep working Williamsburg you have special group of kids.
hitemup Wrote:Couldn't of happened to a cockier fan base. Glad to see WBurg lose. I guess you got your wish with your chants of "We Want Hazard."
Cockiest fan base? Two men from the Hazard fan base picked a fight with a 17-year old girl and Williamsburg fans had to call the police. Very classy. A lot of Hazard's fans were rude, arrogant, and trashy. And this "We Want Hazard" chant you're talking about must have been on this website because nothing like this was EVER chanted at our games. I would know, I'm leader of the Williamsburg student section. Check your facts next time and show a little class. The Jackets didn't deserve to lose tonight and neither did Hazard. But that's life for you. The reason you may call us cocky is is because we our passionate about our Jackets. The term "Jacket Pride" is something that can't be understood unless you go to Williamsburg. We love our Jackets, and don't apologize for it.
I agree with the post that it couldn't happen to a cockier bunch. I really scratched my head at some of the Williamsburg play calling in certain situations. Cadereece is correct, Williamburg could really benefit from some better competition. Someone last night said they played 9 A schools and 2 AA schools. If they would quit focusing on just trying to get stats and run up the stats and play better competition it would help them a lot. That is why stats rarely mean anything. And why recruits never look at them.
ekff Wrote:Congrats to Coach Dixon, he took over a football program that was becoming a joke. Before Dixon (early 2000's) Hazard always had great talent but no one was ever about the team and football was just something to do until basketball season.

Before 2000 what was the history of Hazard football. Not being a ass or anything. Just curious.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Before 2000 what was the history of Hazard football. Not being a ass or anything. Just curious.

Hazard had a lot of great players in the 90's but Kentucky was in only 4 classes at the time so it was a little harder but the attitude around Hazard and Football was just different.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We at Williamsburg are SO PROUD of our boys! We as a group are not cocky fans at all we love our team and don't care at all to show it! They played their hearts out last night and left every thing they had on the field. Several posters on here thought that Hazard would be able to run over us but our boys proved them wrong! Scheduling is not about padding stats here it was about having a young team when the schedule was made two years ago. I have been to a lot of places to watch games of all sports. I have never been somewhere that the other teams fans and chain crew yelled at other fans and sidelines like last night. They were very rude not cocky. We are proud of our boys and you will see us again.
Jacket4Life Wrote:We at Williamsburg are SO PROUD of our boys! We as a group are not cocky fans at all we love our team and don't care at all to show it! They played their hearts out last night and left every thing they had on the field. Several posters on here thought that Hazard would be able to run over us but our boys proved them wrong! Scheduling is not about padding stats here it was about having a young team when the schedule was made two years ago. I have been to a lot of places to watch games of all sports. I have never been somewhere that the other teams fans and chain crew yelled at other fans and sijdelines like last night. They were very rude not cocky. We are proud of our boys and you will see us again.

It's was a great game !!! And like I said your boys played there hearts out. Also they are a better team than a lot of people thought. Now do you really want to take away from a great game and start talking about fans and a chain crew ? Becouse I KNOW what you are talking about. There are two sides to every story !!!!
pork Wrote:It's was a great game !!! And like I said your boys played there hearts out. Also they are a better team than a lot of people thought. Now do you really want to take away from a great game and start talking about fans and a chain crew ? Becouse I KNOW what you are talking about. There are two sides to every story !!!!

I was defending an earlier comment about our fans being cocky. There are fans for every team that can give any program a bad name.
[Image: http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-as...8256_n.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-as...1413_n.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-as...3721_n.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I watched the 4th quarter on WYMT when I got back from Maroon and White night last night. The play by Olinger was amazing. He had great downfield blocking and made all the right cuts to take it to the house. Congrats to Hazard on the win. Go get another State Title for the mountains. And as for Williamsburg, congrats on a great season and they will be back next year even stronger.