Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Basketball
UPIKEFAN Wrote:So, what the hell is he? Elgiable or Inelgiable?

God, that was fun just typing that. I had a hard time pronouncing it while I typed it, but still fun.

:lmao:
Mr. Friday Nights Wrote:I have been told that the KHSAA has proof. From all accounts I have been told this one is over. I think it would be just as hard to prove he left for non athletic reasons as vice-versa.

So it's as I said, guilty until proven innocent!!! The thing I can't overlook is all the others that don't have as big of a problem getting kids eligible.

On a another note I think this is far from over, and I mean FAR from over. If it were my child and I made a move like this then it would be time for good ole Eric C. Conn. lol
Finally! Someone with an inside track with the KHSAA! I feel so enlightened.
Was told by a good source that Johnson was ruled ineligible but that Perry Central was going to appeal. Its time the KHSAA does something about recruiting and show coaches and players it won't be tolerated.
Who does Perry Central think they are? Louisville Trinity is the only team that can get by with this. Nobody else is allowed to recruit. Oh, I forgot HAZARD.
I hate to see Johnson not being able to play due to him being ruled inelgible but the KHSAA needs to crack down on this ongoing problem.
ballstar Wrote:I agree with UPIKEFAN and Kentuckyfan35. My question to the both of you would be how is Hudson already eligible??? What factors would be diff?? Im not trying to be a punk here, just wanting to know the diff???

I'll let the rule book answer that question.

a) BONA FIDE CHANGE IN RESIDENCE- The period of ineligibility
may be waived if there has been a bona fi de change in residence
by the parents and student that precedes a student’s change of
schools.

Also, I don't think any other school district contested the Hudson move.
Rhodes also released Hudson. What does anyone think this looks like to the KHSAA? Spurlock leaves SC for PCC and 2 days later Johnson and family move to perry county and he enrolls at the same school his former coach just took a job. This makes the move look like its exactly for athletic purposes. A lot of players move to different schools, but johnson simply followed a coach to a different region, and for what reason?? we all know basketball. This one will be tough to have overturned IMO. If Spurlock wasn't the coach johnson would have already been eligible.
The_Rock Wrote:Who does Perry Central think they are? Louisville Trinity is the only team that can get by with this. Nobody else is allowed to recruit. Oh, I forgot HAZARD.

Confusednicker:
Jed Clampett Wrote:Was told by a good source that Johnson was ruled ineligible but that Perry Central was going to appeal. Its time the KHSAA does something about recruiting and show coaches and players it won't be tolerated.

Thats a good one.......
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I'll let the rule book answer that question.

a) BONA FIDE CHANGE IN RESIDENCE- The period of ineligibility
may be waived if there has been a bona fi de change in residence
by the parents and student that precedes a student’s change of
schools.

Also, I don't think any other school district contested the Hudson move.

The dumberest answer ever. BONA FIDE change in residence. Lets see: Cordia to HHS= 5 miles. Inez to PCC= 90 miles. Please, give me something better than that.
Recruiting or No Recruiting. The Johnson Family MOVED from Inez to Hazard. Who wouldnt want to live in Hazard instead of living in Inez??? I mean really. About like comparing Lexington to Hazard. I dont care if Spurlock or Pitino is the coach. The MOVE from Inez to Hazard was LEGIT. Johnson should be eligible. Leaving their home and everything they ever had behind sounds like they were determined to move to help themselves and their child. Let Johnson play. That was a BIG sacrifice leaving their home in Inez to come to Hazard.
The_Rock Wrote:Recruiting or No Recruiting. The Johnson Family MOVED from Inez to Hazard. Who wouldnt want to live in Hazard instead of living in Inez??? I mean really. About like comparing Lexington to Hazard. I dont care if Spurlock or Pitino is the coach. The MOVE from Inez to Hazard was LEGIT. Johnson should be eligible. Leaving their home and everything they ever had behind sounds like they were determined to move to help themselves and their child. Let Johnson play. That was a BIG sacrifice leaving their home in Inez to come to Hazard.

So they left the silverware, their underwear, and their tupperware. Hell, let's make that boy eligible then. Anytime you have to start out with new stuff, you should automatically be eligible. Great logic.

These threads make us all dumber. He followed his coach after the school year started. Anyone who believes otherwise deserves to be mayor of Inez.
It was still a move for athletic purposes, which is against the rules. Still, with that said, this kid will get ruled eligible. Standard KHSAA trying to please everyone. Rule him ineligible but the judge says eligible because there is no way to prove, otherwise. KHSAA backs down (again) and kid is ruled eligible. Unless there is hard core proof of recruitment, the judge will recommend eligibility.
ballstar Wrote:The dumberest answer ever. BONA FIDE change in residence. Lets see: Cordia to HHS= 5 miles. Inez to PCC= 90 miles. Please, give me something better than that.

Easy there ballstar, it may be dumb but it is in the KHSAA Handbook. Look it up your self. I was smart enough to do that!
ballstar Wrote:The dumberest answer ever. BONA FIDE change in residence. Lets see: Cordia to HHS= 5 miles. Inez to PCC= 90 miles. Please, give me something better than that.

The move isn't the problem with johnson its the situation with him spurlock and perry central. Because he was enrolled at sc at the beginning of the year and spurlock being the head coach until he took the pcc job and jonhson coming to pcc in the same week makes the move look like crap. You really think the khsaa is buying that johnson and family would be in perry county right now if spurlock wasn't here??? Hell no. Or that they had planned on moving before spurlock even thought about taking the coaching job here at pcc?? No. Its obvious its a MOVE FOR ATHLETIC PURPOSES. Its going to be harder for the family to prove it wasn't for those reasons then for the khsaa to prove it was.
UPIKEFAN Wrote:So they left the silverware, their underwear, and their tupperware. Hell, let's make that boy eligible then. Anytime you have to start out with new stuff, you should automatically be eligible. Great logic.

These threads make us all dumber. He followed his coach after the school year started. Anyone who believes otherwise deserves to be mayor of Inez.

KHSAA sets the rules and he followed them. If he moved under the rules he should be eligible. Now, if they can PROVE it was athletic purposes then thats another story. Proving it was for athletics purposes is almost impossible because its impossible to read the minds of someone else.

Ruling Johnson ineligible will be the biggest, i mean the biggest joke ever by khsaa. If you read bylaw 6 he is eligible WITHOUT question. I think that will hold up in court. Maybe not khsaa court, but the REAL court.
ballstar Wrote:KHSAA sets the rules and he followed them. If he moved under the rules he should be eligible. Now, if they can PROVE it was athletic purposes then thats another story. Proving it was for athletics purposes is almost impossible because its impossible to read the minds of someone else.

Ruling Johnson ineligible will be the biggest, i mean the biggest joke ever by khsaa. If you read bylaw 6 he is eligible WITHOUT question. I think that will hold up in court. Maybe not khsaa court, but the REAL court.

The problem with your argument is that the KHSAA, much like the NCAA, doesn't have to have proof to rule him ineligible. They can just say he is ineligible and that is that. Will they??? I don't know and neither does anyone else on this thread. The KHSAA is smart enough to know the move was motivated by athletics just as anyone with a normally functioning brain does.

Personally I wish they would just make the rule black and white and either allow all transfers or make all transfers sit so fans and schools don't have to go through the same song and dance every year. It is a huge waste of time and resources for schools to fight these issues.
Altro Cat Wrote:The problem with your argument is that the KHSAA, much like the NCAA, doesn't have to have proof to rule him ineligible. They can just say he is ineligible and that is that. Will they??? I don't know and neither does anyone else on this thread. The KHSAA is smart enough to know the move was motivated by athletics just as anyone with a normally functioning brain does.

Personally I wish they would just make the rule black and white and either allow all transfers or make all transfers sit so fans and schools don't have to go through the same song and dance every year. It is a huge waste of time and resources for schools to fight these issues.

I strongly agree with you and all the others thats saying its sports motivated. Never have I not said that!!!!!! My question is how is Hudson eligible and all the others that have transferred in the past!!!!!! I think KHSAA is opening up a HUGE can of STANK here. Dont understand how you could do it for one and not for the rest. Just because the other school is pissed, NOT one bylaw states if the other school is pissed then kid will be ruled ineligible.
i agree you cannot pick out one kid to make example of.
ballstar Wrote:I strongly agree with you and all the others thats saying its sports motivated. Never have I not said that!!!!!! My question is how is Hudson eligible and all the others that have transferred in the past!!!!!! I think KHSAA is opening up a HUGE can of STANK here. Dont understand how you could do it for one and not for the rest. Just because the other school is pissed, NOT one bylaw states if the other school is pissed then kid will be ruled ineligible.

My understanding of the Hudson situation is that it was not contested by any other school. Someone correct me if I am wrong but if it is not contested then they don't have to make a ruling on it and he is eligible.

Again I may be wrong on that but that is my understanding from talking to a couple coaches who have been through the process before.
Ballsack needs to read the entire bylaw. He reads what he wants to satisfy his needs. Let me suggest reading on down to this part and tell me if it may apply to this situation:

c) If the change in schools is motivated in whole or part by a desire to participate in athletics at the new school;
d) If the satisfying of one of the exceptions is used or manipulated for the purpose of gaining athletic eligibility;
UPIKEFAN Wrote:Ballsack needs to read the entire bylaw. He reads what he wants to satisfy his needs. Let me suggest reading on down to this part and tell me if it may apply to this situation:

c) If the change in schools is motivated in whole or part by a desire to participate in athletics at the new school;
d) If the satisfying of one of the exceptions is used or manipulated for the purpose of gaining athletic eligibility;

he will be eligible:igiveup::Sad04:
The bylaw is below, what is interesting is whats highlighted. Basically, this says that the KHSAA makes the rules but doesn't have to allow eligibility even if the exceptions (Bonafide Change of Residence) is met.

The Ruling Officer and Commissioner have discretion (but are not required) to waive the period of ineligibility set forth above if one or more of the following exceptions in Section 2 has been met.

Sec. 2) Discretionary Exceptions for Waiver
a) BONAFIDE CHANGE IN RESIDENCE- The period of ineligibility may be waived if there has been a bonafide change in residence by the parents and student that precedes a student’s change of schools.
For purposes of this bylaw, a bonafide change of residence means the moving of the permanent residence of the entire family of the student and the student’s parents from one school district or defined school attendance area into another school district or defined school attendance area prior to a change in enrollment of the student. A student who becomes emancipated does not have a bonafide change of residence by virtue of his or her emancipation and change of residence for purposes of this bylaw.
What did I tell you zaga_fan..
This thread is full of it now huh!?

All you haters can quote each other with the bylaw BS and this and that.
But he will be eligible.
It's this simple, you cannot prove the guy moved for athletic purposes LOL.
Think about what you are typing before you type it.
I don't know if Johnson is a smart guy or not..
Nonetheless, unless he says "uhhhh I came here to uhh play ball"..
He will be eligible.. So no reason to bring all this bylaw rule 6 crap in here.. Doesn't even matter. You are talking about PCC here not Cordia, Riverside, or Jenkins.
KHSAA12 Wrote:I'm pretty sure the bylaw states you can't transfer school for athletic purposes. Everyone knows most kids do, but in this case a kid followed a coach from one region to another. Unless Johnson was living with Spurlock or something like that, the move was undeniably for athletic purposes. That's were he's going to run into trouble with the khsaa, even if his family did move down here. Hudson moved off lotts creek with his mother into the city limits of Hazard. Now if Rhodes would have took a new coaching job somewhere and Hudson followed with his mother i bet he to would have been ruled ineligible. This case is probably pretty clear cut for the khsaa. Didn't Back follow Holland to Hazard and set a whole year a couple years back???

Go watch some more Andrew Wiggins videos and tell everyone how he's going to Cordia.
And yes, Back did follow Holland to Hazard - when the season had already started.
[quote=UPIKEFAN]Ballsack needs to read the entire bylaw. He reads what he wants to satisfy his needs. Let me suggest reading on down to this part and tell me if it may apply to this situation:

d) If the satisfying of one of the exceptions is used or manipulated for the purpose of gaining athletic eligibility;[/

I got that part to smart guy. Once again, thats very, very hard to prove. He will b in a pcc uniform this yr.

Let's not make smarta$$ remarks toward me, I don't take real kind to that. No excuse for that.
KHSAA12 Wrote:I'm pretty sure the bylaw states you can't transfer school for athletic purposes. Everyone knows most kids do, but in this case a kid followed a coach from one region to another. Unless Johnson was living with Spurlock or something like that, the move was undeniably for athletic purposes. That's were he's going to run into trouble with the khsaa, even if his family did move down here. Hudson moved off lotts creek with his mother into the city limits of Hazard. Now if Rhodes would have took a new coaching job somewhere and Hudson followed with his mother i bet he to would have been ruled ineligible. This case is probably pretty clear cut for the khsaa. Didn't Back follow Holland to Hazard and set a whole year a couple years back???

You sure that's where Hudson is living????? Either way, he moved 5 miles, 5 miles. His guardian was the coach at cordia and he transfers 5 miles to another school for athletic purposes and is already playing. Please don't tell me you think it was for any other reason because that's like saying Johnson's move wasnt. I'm not a hater, I'm glad the kid is eligible. Someone on here please tell me the difference. So, the diff is the other school is pissed. Ok, no bylaw says anything about the reaction of the other school having any effect on the outcome of the ruling. This is NO diff from any other ruling. Coach can't make a family pack up and move, the Johnson's have followed all the rules it states to be an eligible transfer, his mother has a better(from what I hear) job NOT in the school system, their house is for sale(from what I hear) and they ALL actually moved here as a family. With all those things combine=Eligible
Why does Hazard get thrown up? Maybe back in the day when Hazard was the only school breaking rules to get player you all could throw up Hazard. But now EVERY school is doing it.

Every case is different. Maybe the KHSAA has something to use in this case or maybe they don't. IMO: KHSAA will be looking hard into anything Perry does right now and it has nothing to do with Johnson or Spurlock, but bc of the Jaysean Paige thing left a bad taste with people, the changing test dates really hurt their school. You can say what you want but I know the test dates have had some back fall. BUT... Johnson is a great player and every player and every coach knows that when u transfer there's a risk of sitting. One thing for sure is that if a transfer doesn't go as planned your season still goes on.. So as of right now Perry still has the top PG in the region (Beverly) and a nice group of role players around him. We all know there are 4 teams that have a great chance at winning the 14th region this season.

PS: I do wish Johnson the best of luck, bc this kid will use basketball to pay for his college education.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ballstar Wrote:[quote=UPIKEFAN]Ballsack needs to read the entire bylaw. He reads what he wants to satisfy his needs. Let me suggest reading on down to this part and tell me if it may apply to this situation:

d) If the satisfying of one of the exceptions is used or manipulated for the purpose of gaining athletic eligibility;[/

I got that part to smart guy. Once again, thats very, very hard to prove. He will b in a pcc uniform this yr.

Let's not make smarta$$ remarks toward me, I don't take real kind to that. No excuse for that.
Like it or not, it's the truth. Looks an awful lot like the burden of proof will lie on the Johnsons. It would be equally difficult to prove you DIDN'T move for athletic reasons wouldn't you agree?