Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Football game the last 5 seasons
Belfry Wins Wrote:You know whats funny when I played for Belfry I had family that lived in WV to come watch me all the time. Does that make me from WV? No, my dad was from there but I have never lived there a day in my life. Alot of these kids have family in WV that comes to the games cause were like 2 minutes from it lol.

My favorite game though was at Middlesboro in 03. I still think that was the best team Belfry played that year and it took our best game of the season from players and fans to beat them. The fans were so loud Middlesboro players were in shock when they got to the game and our side was full and everyone was screaming and they had like 20 ppl there then lol.

Smile Yeah O.K......................................................
Super 6 Wrote:Smile Yeah O.K......................................................

How is that funny?

Some of you people act like W.V. is a national border and people who come to Belfry from there are illegal immigrants.Rolleyes
Are there Players or Students from W.V. that go to Belfry ?
Don't know about them being the best games in the last 5 seasons, but SC has had their share of pretty good games latley.

*The Leslie County game in 05 ranks pretty high up there. A big win on the road in the regionl semi-finals.
*The '03 Prestonsburg game won at home in double OT on the last play of the game. A big district game and for a home playoff game.
*The '02 Ashland game at home. Another big district game, at the time, where SC upset the #14th ranked team in the state at the time.

Those three are some big games that SC has had over the past 5 seasons. I don't know if they rank up there with the P'burg vs Belfry games (espically the '04) but they were pretty exciting and they all 3 were thrillers.
blackcat_student Wrote:Are there Players or Students from W.V. that go to Belfry ?

Yelp, and if Prestonsburg had Belfry proximity to WV their would be people from WV in Prestonsburg, too.

But you guys act like getting a transfer from another state is a crime. How is it any different from getting an out of county transfer?
JC v. Ashland
10-13
p'burg v. ashland 2004
The Lawrence CO and Belfry games since the start, they I dont think was ever a blow out in any of the games.

Lawrence Co and Ashland and Boyd Co.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
blackcat_student Wrote:What's the best high school football game you've seen in the past five years ?

Mine is :

2004--Prestonsburg vs. Belfry(Regular Season) they went to OT and belfry pulled it out over my blackcats but still thats one of the best games I've seen in years !

That was by far the best game in the past 5 seasons
Breathitt vs. Russell in 2002 was a good one.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Panther1 Wrote::dontthink No, definitely not "calling anybody out" by predicting it'll be a GOOD GAME.

Notice, I didn't say "Pikeville will crush Belfry" (cause I don't think that'll happen).

I just think it'll be a barn-burner this year as opposed to their more recent contests.

How is that "calling someone out?!"
Ive gotta feelin about this game this year. Should be a classic.
Panther1 Wrote:Never meant to impy things weren't "in good fun,"

but you can see what I mean when I tried to clarify that nobody from Pikeville was making bold predictions about beating (or "calling out" Belfry)...

...all I did was state the game would be a VERY GOOD one this year.

...someone else came on implying I was "calling out" the Belfry folk.

...Belfry folk respond with "Bring IT" as if they'd been called out.

Message boards...oh well. Should've known it.

In good fun,
Panther1

Don't take it personally, all Belfry fans still carry many scars from thrashings at the hands of the Panthers...all you see on message boards from them is very "short term" memory...:rockon:
blackcat_student Wrote:Are there Players or Students from W.V. that go to Belfry ?

Are you kidding??? Belfry's new uniforms have a big WV on the helmet.Confusedhh:
jetpilot Wrote:Don't take it personally, all Belfry fans still carry many scars from thrashings at the hands of the Panthers...all you see on message boards from them is very "short term" memory...:rockon:

All-Time series......Belfry leads by about 7 games.
jetpilot Wrote:Are you kidding??? Belfry's new uniforms have a big WV on the helmet.Confusedhh:

Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.....Pikeville has had many more WV/out-of-state players than Belfry, and Pikeville boosters gave jobs away to make it happen.

Didn't you guys even fly in a few from Texas?

BTW.....Don't bring it up anymore, you can't win.
This thread will be closed if it doesn't get back on topic. It isn't about transfers and players from out of state. It is about the best football game during the past five years. We all need to get it back to that point. :dontthink
^It's about time someone says it !
2001 Paintsville at Middlesboro 2nd Round Playoffs. Great atmosphere, the stands were full and there were people standing all around the field. Middlesboro HEAVY favorites over Paintsville, BUT Paintsville beat Durrell White and the Yellowjackets 28-25. That was the FIRST playoff loss AT home in Middlesboro school history. Paintsville went on to win the region the next week beating Fleming Neon on their home field also.
one of the best games that has ever been played in eky was a middle school game. 2004, adams middle blackcats vs. leslie county hornets i think in the shriners bowl at hazard..triple overtime with adams winning 30-24
yea that game was a good one.
when bellevue beat beechwood 27-21 was a great game to be at
Tomcat68 Wrote:2003 Prestonsburg @ Ashland

What a game! A back and forth battle with Ashland stealing the win on a huge pass play down the home sideline when a Prestonsburg defender comes withing inches of knocking away the pass.
I remember that one!! I was walking out of the stadium hanging my head.. and then the pass. it was beautiful!!! GREAT pick 68!!
Super 6 Wrote:Some of us are not so fortunate as you Pirate supporters!
We all don't have the multi-million dollar stadiums or endless pipelines into our school from W.VA (see the 16 W.Va license plates at a recent Belfry vs. Allen Central baseball game!)
Thus we will stay in our own little world and watch a good grade school game when we can find a carpool out of our creeks!

We Pirates just love your jealousy! TongueirateSho But yes there are some players that came from WV, BUT if you ask them they'll tell you they came to play for a WINNING PROGRAM! What now?? You don't see them going anywhere else do you...:howdy:
Bellevue v Beechwood was a close game this past year.
Morgan and East carter, Morgan led 10-0 at half. East Carter saftey Phaul intercepted and returned it bout 80 yards to change the momentum. East kept running power off tackle, Morgan's 3-5 couldn't stop it. East won 17-10 in ot.
Elm street Wrote:I remember that one!! I was walking out of the stadium hanging my head.. and then the pass. it was beautiful!!! GREAT pick 68!!
That was the first game I ever saw at Putnam and it was a great game.
2004 rockcastle @ashland reginal semi's
double oT
Ashland come out with the win with a goal line stand
2004 Prestonsburg vs. Belfry(the overtime 1)
what about Lynn Camp vs. Somerset last season...
jetpilot Wrote:Are you kidding??? Belfry's new uniforms have a big WV on the helmet.Confusedhh:
Smile Smile Smile