Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Player at Betsy Layne
He will be a sophmore & the stats on his size are correct if this is Thomas Spears. And from what im hearing from the field house it is. Good luck big guy. Wish you where still a Blackcat next year.
Does this mean a potential undefeated season and state title for the Bobcats?
Uncle Fester Wrote:Does this mean a potential undefeated season and state title for the Bobcats?

Did anyone say anything about this? You must not be able to read very well.

:lame:
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Granted Thomas is a large kid, I saw him recently and he is not as tall as I am. I stand 6'4". However he may have grown 2 1/2 inches in a month. I suppose it's possible. I would also like to wish the young man good luck in his new endevors.

S.Hall
I've seen this kid in a weight room, he's really weak for his size. His bench is in the 170-185 range and his squat is around 225-250. IMO not impressive for a guy who's 6'3 ( trust me I know the kid) and weighs close to 290. There's some potential but he isn't goin to make a big impact this year.
Burgfan Wrote:I've seen this kid in a weight room, he's really weak for his size. His bench is in the 170-185 range and his squat is around 225-250. IMO not impressive for a guy who's 6'3 ( trust me I know the kid) and weighs close to 290. There's some potential but he isn't goin to make a big impact this year.

I know for a fact that he benches 205 and squarts 315 now
So he's getting stronger !!!
Burgfan Wrote:I've seen this kid in a weight room, he's really weak for his size. His bench is in the 170-185 range and his squat is around 225-250. IMO not impressive for a guy who's 6'3 ( trust me I know the kid) and weighs close to 290. There's some potential but he isn't goin to make a big impact this year.

Seems someone is a little sad they lost a player. I have no idea about the kid or what he lifts but your name is ''burgfan'' and your bashing a kid that just left Prestonsburg?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
sheriff Wrote:I think I know a little about the transfer process. Will he be eligible next year? Has he officially enrolled at Betsy layne?

This will be an interesting question. Harlan had a kid that moved from mom's to dad's house about 6-7years ago and was ruled ineligible. Appealed and lost.
I know Thomas very well and I myself am 6'3"-6'4" and Thomas is slightly shorter than me. He is a strong KID. Emphasis on kid because he's simply just that, he needs to mature but that will come with time. He won't lead them to state or anything, but he will be a great player in time. IMO, PBurg will miss his size. Maybe not now but more than likely when he's a senior.
When he was at the doctors office last week he was 6'4 without shoes
Bear_Paw Wrote:This will be an interesting question. Harlan had a kid that moved from mom's to dad's house about 6-7years ago and was ruled ineligible. Appealed and lost.

Lets hope that doesn't happen !!!!
If the student-athlete is moving in with a divorced parent on his own free will then he will be deemed ineligible. If it was court appointed then this may be an exception. There have been a lot of student-athletes, especially recently, that have been declared ineligible because of this same scenario.
^which I might add is another notch on the KHSAA's long gun stock of injustices.
Bear_Paw Wrote:This will be an interesting question. Harlan had a kid that moved from mom's to dad's house about 6-7years ago and was ruled ineligible. Appealed and lost.

Is it true that If the KHSAA rules him ineligible he can return to the school from last season and be eligible ??
If ruled I eligible he would be eligible in both places. If ruled I edible he would be ruled I ineligible in both places.
One more time?
^Sheriff, what???
#BBFL
If the khsaa says he can play at Betsy layne then he will be able to go back at prestonsburg and play. If he cant play according to the khsaa then he is out at all schools for the year. Is the paperwork in yet?
^Ok, that made more sense. But the other post, you said ''edible'' and was very confused. lol But it's all god now!
#BBFL
I'm still a little confused. If he is eligible at one school he won't be at the other. Not sure where you are getting your information at.
Similar situation with Maldonado at south Floyd a couple of years ago. He got ruled eligible at sf and then transferred back to bl and was still eligible.

I heard the kid has moved back to prestonsburg. If this is true, the ruling must be in already.
I've never heard of that...this must be new.
sheriff Wrote:If ruled I eligible he would be eligible in both places. If ruled I edible he would be ruled I ineligible in both places.

No Paper work was turn in as of Friday, I heard he's going back to P-Burg.
sheriff Wrote:Similar situation with Maldonado at south Floyd a couple of years ago. He got ruled eligible at sf and then transferred back to bl and was still eligible.

I heard the kid has moved back to prestonsburg. If this is true, the ruling must be in already.

No papers was ever sent in to the KHSAA, he decided to go back before any papers was filled out. so he never left P-Burg..
Good luck! Still think he will be in eligible.
sheriff Wrote:Good luck! Still think he will be in eligible.

Why do you think he will be ineligible?
WideRight05 Wrote:As with all football player, IMO the key with this kid is quickness. If he is quick for his size, he can do a lot of damage. Regardless, (I don't know anything about this but wish the best for Betsy Layne) a kid that size is good for stuffing the run and maybe being used as a blocker. Good size for the coaches to work with.

He is a 2 plays and rest for a few, then come back in kind of player. Like you said, We don't care about his size and weight. Can he move, does he have nimble feet, can he pull block. Size is good if your a 1 technic player.
toussaints Wrote:^ it was a LexCath recruiting joke

Come on brother. Put that recruiting thing to bed. With all do respect, can you name a player on the roster within the past few years that were recruited by Lex Cath? Better yet, can you name a player ( other than Bolin ) that is really an impact type player(s) that made a different on the team? Last time I checked, just like Highland, Boyle...they play with tradition and as a team. Plus can you blame a family who has an athlete in the family and wants to showcase their kid and what better way to do that than enroll them to Highlands, Boyle, St X or Trinity. College recruiters will know that they will be getting a quality, well coached player(s) and citizen from those programs.
Adams606 Wrote:Why do you think he will be ineligible?

He said eligible? Not ineligible.
#BBFL
sheriff Wrote:Good luck! Still think he will be in eligible.

Spud6 Wrote:He said eligible? Not ineligible.

Spud he is just not a very good speller. He said in eligible lol.