Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1a rankings?
Well there were numerous times many years ago when HAZARD had to beat FT. Thomas Highlands, Corbin, and many others. Im not sure what the years were but Im saying if we'd had the 6 class system the past 50 years, Hazard would of won a bunch. Pikeville would of won more also.
^ I agree with Phs, the only year I could think of where Hazard was probably robbed of a Class A title was in 2009 against Lexington Christian, who should've been in 2A that year.
warmachine Wrote:Well there were numerous times many years ago when HAZARD had to beat FT. Thomas Highlands, Corbin, and many others. Im not sure what the years were but Im saying if we'd had the 6 class system the past 50 years, Hazard would of won a bunch. Pikeville would of won more also.
I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm saying Pikeville and those other schools you mentioned were in the same classes back then most times. Pikeville, Beechwood, Mayfield, etc all had to run the same gauntlet of teams Hazard did. Pikeville made it to the 2A finals in 1979,for example. Pikeville has been to the finals in either A or AA 6 times, winning 3. Hazard has been 3 times total. Mayfield has been so many times it isn't funny, in A and AA, etc. Hazard is a good program and will continue to be strong in A class. But I'm just saying to automatically say Hazard would have won 8 or 9 state titles is to ignore reality.
I believe what warmachine is trying to say is if Hazard had been playing Class A since 1959, they may have won a few more titles. Hazard had some very good teams in the late 50's to the mid 60's. Playing Class AA at that time meant the State Championship went through Ft. Thomas Highlands and Hazard couldn't get past Highlands. Also, during this time Hazard and perenial Class A power Lynch had some real battles. I believe the overall record was Lynch 5 wins Hazard 4 wins. Lynch owned Class A in that time period. The past is the past and we had our chances. Makes this Championship even more sweet!
Bluegold, thats exactly what I meant. I guess 7 or 8 was a little far fetched but I would say they would of had 5 titles at Hazard.
Tica Wrote:Mayfield has lost all state DE Labront Scott through a controversial transfer to AA Murray High about 25 miles away. The key to Mayfield will be Jonathan Jackson staying healthy and the QB getting protection.

In a new twist, All State DE LaBront Scott is now back at Mayfield

Stardust Wrote:Starts with Beechwood and Mayfield again. Both teams bring back virtually everyone.

Actually Beechwood graduated 18 starters off last years team. As always I would never count them out but I think Beechwood will be down some, espically early.

I really like what Mayfield returns. I think I would put Hazard in at 2 and Louisville HC at #3 from what I heard they sill be in the think of it.
I agree with Mayfield. I normally say the team to beat is the state champions but Mayfield returns majority of there team and its hard not to rank them at # 1. Hazard is still # 2 over Beechwood because they return half the skill players from last years team and only lost 4 starters on the defensive side of the ball. How an young O-line does for hazard will depend on there season being good or bad. Beechwood is 3rd because there Beechwood and they return 2 solid playermakers. and then its pretty much everyone else....
I would have to put Hazard right back in the hunt this year. Mayfield and beechwood should be as good as advertized.
Shout out to the well traveled Mr. Scott - The prodigal son returns home.
Hazard will def. be in the mix, we have a lot of skill kids returning, if we can get our linemen working hard we should be playing in bowling green again..
^
I didnt know you could be a PCC and Hazard fan at the same time.....or is that because of what the two bring back next year and you picked one Confusednicker:
^ I am helping coach at Hazard now..
Who will make it to the finals between Mayfield and Beechwood?
Beechwood lost 20 seniors and will feel it.
Hazard is going to repeat next year.......After seeing mayfield fold after some hits, I believe it'll happen again next year
Beechwood has to find a QB and replace some holes on the O-line.
Bigrednation i wouldnt bet on Mayfield laying down,the wood will probably be laid to yall this year if u make it that far as it was the first time.Confusedinglepar
Block Down Kick Out Wrote:Beechwood has to find a QB and replace some holes on the O-line.

I think they might go with max nussbaum at qb. the o-line will need a lot of work replacing Eyckmans and Wheat, but come playoffs, they should be fine.
Max Nussbaum is a hoss just hope we have enough other players like Jonathan Jackson and company to stop him.
If the Jackets can develop a running game to go with there passing attack they will be a tough out. They return a quarterback who began playing the third game of the season and amassed more total yardage than another other player in 1A. They also return all skill positions and leaders on defense. In the game with Hazard in the playoffs the Jackets moved the ball the entire game against Hazard until Sizemore was knocked out with a concussion, but could not punch it in close to the goal because no running game. I am very optimistic this season that will be corrected.
Bigrednation Wrote:Hazard is going to repeat next year.......After seeing mayfield fold after some hits, I believe it'll happen again next year

:lame:

You likely won't get the Mayfield MASH unit if they meet next year
^ Are you still in denial? I mean come on with the injury stuff. It is 5 months after the game and you guys are still talking about injuries. They didn't seem too banged up talking on the radio down in Mayfield after the Beechwood game. The announcer and players both said they wanted Hazard, and I'll quote here "We're going to make Hazard our punks." Remember there are radio broadcasts that live stream and several of the players heard these remarks. Well, they got Hazard and it didn't fit the idea they had for bringing back 2 in a row, so now it's "well, we were banged up!" It was the 15th game of the season, everyone is hurt to some extent. I've sat back and listened to so many excuses made on the radio and in the papers and on message boards about "if we were healthy" and "we were banged up". I hate to tell you this but did you notice we had a kid with a cast on his arm playing MLB? The kid that ran the wildcat had both shoulders hurt (that's why his passes looked funny, he could barely raise his arms), many of them were nursing bad ankles and various other injuries. I think out of the starters something like 8-9 for hazard had some sort of injury, including a senior that blew his acl and would have been a beast at DE, but you don't hear about this because of one reason...they won. They overcame the injuries, played through them and got the job done. So put away the MASH excuses, we've all heard them enough. In the program next year it is not going to say " Hazard won, BUT, Mayfield was banged up." It will simply say 2011 Class A State Champions, the Hazard Bulldogs."
No disrespect to Mayfield intended here. I am sure they had some injuries, but I thought the fact that Hazard adjusted to those injuries, including even going to the "Wildcat" when their QB was hurt during the game, made a big difference in the outcome. More importantly, regardless of the historical Mayfield/Beechwood dominance, last year's win by the East was no fluke, as the 2011 Hazard team was really good.
Hazard has been on a very good run in a mutlitude of sports. You're right their win was no fluke. They've been scrimmagging Belfry about the last 3 or 4 years in the Summer and usually hold their own against a traditional 3A power. Pretty good measuring stick for a single A school.
No denial of anything here. We were missing the core of our team and it impacted an all ready over condifent team greatly who lost to another great team being Hazard who is our state champ. I hope there is a third meeting this year as I like my chances.
I have to agree with MayfieldCardinal.:Clap:
Hazard has a lot of weapons back next year.
The Dawgs will be back in Bowling Green to beat Mayfield again.
That is more ignorance than anything, all 3 teams can make a game out of it. They may get past pikeville, and give harlan a game but wont come out with the W, harlan is just too big, strong and fast for wburg. Hazard and harlan will be the game to watch.
Disagree. I like Harlan as a real threat, and they will be better than last year, but after the way the season ended at Williamsburg (regardless of the reasons), you can't reasonably say they are just too big and strong. Harlan/W'burg/Pikeville games really could go either way.