Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elisha Justice is transferring from UofL to the University of Pikeville.
He'll do damage at Upike!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
zaga_fan Wrote:Justice wasn't getting an opportunity at UL and I can understand the transfer.
You never know....
Pitino could have said they didn't have a spot for him.
Kind of like what he did with Rodrick Rhodes.

It would have been nice to seen him finish it out but he knows what's best for him.
It was rough watching him leave points on the board at the FT line right before Morehead upset UL last year...

I'm sure some think this, but I know for a fact that is not the truth.
I'm with most on him sticking it but this is huge pick up for UPike. I heard the transfer was to be closer to his elderly/sick grandparents that he was really close too.

Best of luck, Bullet!
zaga_fan Wrote:Justice wasn't getting an opportunity at UL and I can understand the transfer.
You never know....
Pitino could have said they didn't have a spot for him.
Kind of like what he did with Rodrick Rhodes.

It would have been nice to seen him finish it out but he knows what's best for him.
It was rough watching him leave points on the board at the FT line right before Morehead upset UL last year...

I don't think that would have been said. Elisha was a walk-on, they always have room for a couple walk-ons.

I would say that playing time and the potential for future playing time was the issue. Sometimes, no matter how good the program, how far they get in the NCAA tournament or what level they are playing, a true competitor like Elisha just can't stand riding the pine.

I don't blame him a bit for going to UPike. It's close to home where his family and friends are and he will play 30+ minutes a game on a very competitive team. The only possible downfall may be the quality of education. Actually, I would venture to say that most NAIA schools may be better academically than the state universities.

One problem, now there are two quality point guards from the same class on the team.
If playing time was what he was worried about then UofL was a bad choice for him from the start.
RoShamBo Wrote:If playing time was what he was worried about then UofL was a bad choice for him from the start.

I'm sure the glamor of being on UofL's roster and it being an in state D1 school was probably what took him there. As a walk on, he probably didn't anticipate a lot of playing time and must not have thought of it being an issue. But I bet once his playing has been very limited the past two years and doesn't see it getting any better in the future, I guess he missed being on the floor. JMO

Don't blame him a bit, I'd probably do the same thing if I were him.
Thought the orginal reason to go to U of L was so Coach P could help him get into coaching?
Gold Charger Wrote:Thought the orginal reason to go to U of L was so Coach P could help him get into coaching?

Thought the same thing. I thought I even heard Ricky P mention that when he stated Justice would be transferring.
Gold Charger Wrote:Thought the orginal reason to go to U of L was so Coach P could help him get into coaching?
It was a big part of it and when talking to Justice about the transfer he told him not to worry, that if he wanted to get into coaching, they would do everything they could to help him even he if he went somewhere like Pikeville to play.
Panther Thunder Wrote:It was a big part of it and when talking to Justice about the transfer he told him not to worry, that if he wanted to get into coaching, they would do everything they could to help him even he if he went somewhere like Pikeville to play.

So glad to hear that.