Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerlens Noel to Kentucky
^
We have to get a better at the 4.
IMHO, Wiltjer sucks ass. He's to soft and only want to lay out in 3 land and hope he gets to shoot one. He is NOT the answer.
Oriakhi or Bennett either one will start over him and IMO we will get atleast one of the two.

Wiltjer will be a 4 year player and if he doesnt get a lot stronger and quit being a pansy he'll be beside his best friend polson on the bench all 4 years.

UK pretty much won it with 6 guys this year.
From everything ive heard, Harrow tore Teague up in practice all year.
They claim hes much better.
Best. Commitment. Ever!
I'd like to see them use Wiltjer in the post more. He has a great game around the basket. Never got to show it last year because Of his defense. Has to learn to move his feet.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:From everything ive heard, Harrow tore Teague up in practice all year.

Same source that guaranteed that Shabazz was coming....Confusednicker:
This is great. Now if we can get Bennet and the guy from UCONN and we are set for #9.
Bennet is the key now...Time to dip in the C.M. Newton fund and get this done! Wiltjer is not the answer. He has sinder blocks for feet and is useless on defense. We really need a 4 BAD! Of course, up in the air to come back is Teague, Lamb and the slimmest of chances MKG. (Just because his "I'm staying all 4 years") comment. Loving this team already though.
I love how all these guys get on here talking that Wiltjer is a scrub. Offensively he was the most skilled of any of the freshmen last year. Go back and watch the McDonalds game and watch what he did to Zeller.

Does he need to work on his foot speed and defense? Yes. But he's a hell of a player that will be making NBA money for years why we are getting by day to day.
^ Wiltjer did not hurt this team at all. He was clearly an asset on a team loaded with talent
UPDATE: Jeff Goodman of CBS Sports tweets: “Somewhat surprisingly, Alex Oriakhi told CBSSports that he still plans to visit Kentucky next weekend after Nerlens Noel’s commitment.”

After making his announcement that he would sign with Kentucky, Nerlens Noel took to twitter last night to do some recruiting.

The freshman-to-be center tweeted: “#BBN we needa get @aoriakhi34 to join !! Show him love !! #WeAreUK”

That would be Alex Oriakhi, the Connecticut forward who has received a scholarship release from the Huskies and plans to transfer. A member of UConn’s national title team in 2011, Oriakhi is eligible to play immediately because Connecticut is banned from the 2013 NCAA Tournament because of poor APR scores.

Oriakhi met with UK coach John Calipari last week. He is also friends with Missouri’s Phil Pressey from days as AAU teammates and met with Tigers’ coach Frank Haith last week. He is expected to visit Columbia this weekend.

North Carolina and Xavier are also on Oriakhi’s consideration list.

Former Louisville assistant Tim Fuller, now at Missouri, could play a key role in Oriakhi’s recruitment.

“He’s been tremendous,” Oriakhi told the Kansas City Star.

As for Oriakhi’s meeting with Calipari, Oriakhi told Zagsblog, ““He would like for me to come in and lead right away and I definitely feel he was honest. He did present Kentucky very well. He talked about how the basketball players have a high GPA so he values education with his players. I think it really went well. … He just told me he has two players returning. . . . He has nobody.”
I thought Oriakha would have to sit a year because of the sec.
^ It's not been ruled on yet
If the sec did that it would take Missourri out as well.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:From everything ive heard, Harrow tore Teague up in practice all year.

I don't know how this effects my credibility but I have also heard that he was much better than Teague in practice. I was hearing this in the beginning of the season though when Teague was struggling. Teague and Harrow are elite PG's
Indians20 Wrote:I don't know how this effects my credibility but I have also heard that he was much better than Teague in practice. I was hearing this in the beginning of the season though when Teague was struggling. Teague and Harrow are elite PG's

I have heard the same. A good friend of mine goes to UK and has seen him practice a couple of times this year. Him and Goodwin in the backcourt next season are going to make a deadly combo on the break. Harrow is extremely quick, and also good at making difficult shots.
Indians20 Wrote:I don't know how this effects my credibility but I have also heard that he was much better than Teague in practice. I was hearing this in the beginning of the season though when Teague was struggling. Teague and Harrow are elite PG's

Teague is not overly talented. He played on team this year that made him look very good. If Teague comes back he might just come off the bench next year.
superfreak Wrote:Teague is not overly talented. He played on team this year that made him look very good. If Teague comes back he might just come off the bench next year.

No chance. Teague Improved so much over the season and Helped this team when a National Title as much as any other player.
How is it that all of a sudden Teague and Wiltjer suck? That cracks me up.
FBALL Wrote:How is it that all of a sudden Teague and Wiltjer suck? That cracks me up.

teague would be the best player on almost any other team in the country. wiltjer on 3/4ths of the teams
FBALL Wrote:How is it that all of a sudden Teague and Wiltjer suck? That cracks me up.

I know this isn't proobably directed at me but I never said that Teague sucks. I'm just saying he wasn't as good as Harrow at the beginning, when Harrow had a lot more experience than Teague did. I don't know which one would start if Teague chooses to stay but BOTH are elite PG's and I'd be happy/confident with either of them running the team.
I love it. You get Eraser Head this fall, only to have to soon erase your Final Four and NC.
I have a source that indicating Tom Crean will likely be the assistant coach at UK next year.
Whats funny is that out of all the people with "sources" on here i make a bull shit comment to see how many people would jump on the bandwagon and all the people that also have "sources" jump on me LOL.
Like i know anybody from Lex or around the UK bball program :hilarious:
1. Like stated above, Wiltjer was probably the most skilled offensive player we had. Definitely our best shooter. Kid is going to be a stud once he improves on his defense and rebounding.
2. Harrow is a flat out baller. IMO, he's better than Teague. He just seems to have more rhythm to his game and is smoother in every aspect.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whats funny is that out of all the people with "sources" on here i make a bull shit comment to see how many people would jump on the bandwagon and all the people that also have "sources" jump on me LOL.
Like i know anybody from Lex or around the UK bball program :hilarious:

Uh huh. :flush:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I love it. You get Eraser Head this fall, only to have to soon erase your Final Four and NC.

Huggy Bear would love to have eraser head. Jealousy is a bitch.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I have a source that indicating Tom Crean will likely be the assistant coach at UK next year.

I have a source (FBALL) that say's you are a dumbassConfusednicker:
^
Your source has no credibility what so ever, this i am sure. Have you read some of his post?

And BTW, I just cant understand why theres love for Wiltjer.
Wiltjer sucks, its as simple as that. He's like a big soft marshmellow just waiting to get bounced around.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Your source has no credibility what so ever, this i am sure. Have you read some of his post?

And BTW, I just cant understand why theres love for Wiltjer.
Wiltjer sucks, its as simple as that. He's like a big soft marshmellow just waiting to get bounced around.

I don't know if I would go that far.....but, if he doesn't work harder, he will always find himself coming off the bench. Especially with UK bringing in top recruits each year, he may turn out to be another Vargas...