Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly, what will UK fans reaction be if U of L can pull the upset?
Depends on HOW they would lose..Nobody remembers UK losing by 9 points to Michigan State in the Elite 8 in '99. Nobody remembers Marquette beating UK by 14 (Elite 8) in '03. What EVERYBODY remembers is the shot. If Louisville beats UK in the last minute of the game, no matter what happens leading up to that point, then UK will hate Louisville just like they do Laettner. Some UK fans say they hate Louisville like that right now, but I'm calling bullshit. Yeah its your biggest rivalry, but youve had the upper hand more times than not. Losing to your little brother on a big shot, or a bad call, etc in the last minute, 30 seconds, whatever, would only then, put the hatred on the Laettner level.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ Thats dead on accurate
If they would only get beat the same way that great Duke team beat them the Kentucky fans would not be able to breath.

That would be the perfect ending part 2.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:If they would only get beat the same way that great Duke team beat them the Kentucky fans would not be able to breath.

That would be the perfect ending part 2.
Says the guy whose favorite college team icon is still the SEC's whipping boy Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have no problem admitting that the top teams in the SEC(IN FOOTBALL) are still better than Ohio State.

Facts do not upset me.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I have no problem admitting that the top teams in the SEC(IN FOOTBALL) are still better than Ohio State.

Facts do not upset me.
Well that makes you the coolest OSU fan I know. :Thumbs: By the way, Im just messin with you bro..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's all good
I do respect the Kentucky program and their fans.I do not have any respect for the basetball coach, who has hurt the programs he has left.

I do find it hard to swallow how some Kentucky fans now rootfor him even after they stated how much they did not like him, until he took over the Cats program.
^
Thats just it, how has Cal hurt the programs he has been at?
You still havent answered that question....

Dont say the probations, because according to the NCAA Cal has been completely cleared from those....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^

Dont say the probations, because according to the NCAA Cal has been completely cleared from those....
U Really can not believe he was not guitly.
When the Cats get in trouble because of him I will wait to see what Cat Fans think of him then.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:U Really can not believe he was not guitly.
When the Cats get in trouble because of him I will wait to see what Cat Fans think of him then.

At UMASS an agent was giving Marcus Camby money while he was enrolled at UMASS for the agents benefit. Calipari nor UMASS had any personal gain.

At Memphis, an SAT score was invalidated after it was previously validated by the NCAA sweepstakes. The testing took place in Chicago where the player was from. There is no proof of Calipari's involvement.

I will tell you some facts that we do know.

Ohio State basketball had to vacate some wins and I believe, a Final Four, because one of their coaches gave a player some money. I believe this took place in the nineties.

The Jim Tressel era is no more at Ohio State for him lying and cheating.

Both coaches were actually proven to be perpetrators in the cheating process.

You still didnt answer my question.

Still beating around the bush just as every other UK hater does.

What exactly has Cal been convicted of?

Unless you say NOTHING, your wrong.

When Cal is long gone, I expect that the Big Blue Nation will finally convince the UK Admin to build a 50,000 capacity basketball facility and name it "Cal's Colosseum". But even with double capacity, it will be easier to find a 2002 OSU National Championship ring on Ebay than getting lower arena seats to a UK home game.
laker20 Wrote:When Cal is long gone, I expect that the Big Blue Nation will finally convince the UK Admin to build a 50,000 capacity basketball facility and name it "Cal's Colosseum". But even with double capacity, it will be easier to find a 2002 OSU National Championship ring on Ebay than getting lower arena seats to a UK home game.
Just wait til Maurice Clarett gets low on Grey Goose vodka or AK-47 ammo. You'll be able to pick up a 2002 OSU ring for about 20 bucks..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^

It still hurt the schools though lol

Scholarships were taken - making for less-talented teams - making it harder to recruit - that ends up setting those teams back years worth of progress

Again, Cal wasn't the one that the NCAA deemed responsible for that stuff...
but I know if I was a boss and I kept hiring people that stole from the company - eventually I would have to take some responsibility for that.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Just wait til Maurice Clarett gets low on Grey Goose vodka or AK-47 ammo. You'll be able to pick up a 2002 OSU ring for about 20 bucks..

Elll - Ohhh - Elll

I thought Clarett cleaned himself up?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You still didnt answer my question.

Still beating around the bush just as every other UK hater does.

What exactly has Cal been convicted of?

Unless you say NOTHING, your wrong.

Teflon Don! OJ was not convicted of anything either! Wink

Guilt does not mean Proof! Vundy33's affinity for farm animals has never been proven.....
I'm just happy UK got to the final four. All four teams are good, and the other three could pull an upset. I won't like it, but would get over it pretty quick, knowing that UofL isn't there by mistake. They worked to get there, and are playing good ball. UK is the better team of the two, but they better not overlook UofL.
I'm not saying this applies to anyone on here, but it is funny that before Calipari arrived to Kentucky, he was disliked by many UK fans
I will be the first to admit that I did not want Calipari here. I will also be the first to admit that when I cheer for this team and celebrate their accomplishments, in the back of my mind there is always fear.

Where Cal gets his programs hurt is that he takes risks that other coaches will not. I do not believe he personally does anything illegal, which is why he is in no trouble with the NCAA, but he gambles on players too much.

UK is winning so much that even if they take a Final 4 away, he is still going to have 4-5 others, lol. Right now, I love this success but there is always suspicion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I wanted Mark Few Wink
I think everyone was leery of Coach Cal prior to his hire. Even Lee Todd has voiced the concerns that he had with Cal. I also remember that there were a lot of concerns and claims with Pitino back in the 90s.

The fact of the matter is that it's the same qualities that make Cal, Pitino , and Coach K great coaches. Like Phil Jackson, they are all experts on the psychological aspects of coaching. Any of these guys could just as easily be psychiatrists as coaches. They work the players, they work the media, they work the officials, and they work the fans better than anyone else in the game.

The thing that makes most UK fans great is that they are fans of the players on the team and the school, not the coach. As long as the coach is getting the most out of the team, then all is well, but the minute the coach steps over the line or the moment they aren't taking the program where it's expected, the fans will be the first calling for the coaches head.
zaga_fan Wrote:It still hurt the schools though lol

Scholarships were taken - making for less-talented teams - making it harder to recruit - that ends up setting those teams back years worth of progress

Again, Cal wasn't the one that the NCAA deemed responsible for that stuff...
but I know if I was a boss and I kept hiring people that stole from the company - eventually I would have to take some responsibility for that.

No, those players hurt their schools, not Calipari.
When you fine posters fine something Calipari has been guilty of and it been proven, come back and talk.
zaga_fan Wrote:I wanted Mark Few Wink

Why would aanyone want more losing seasons after we just fired Bill Clyde?
I swear i think im going to start 148 different threads on Ohio State and Syrasuck probations.
The funniest thing about it all is that you two nimrods are talking about a coach that has never been in trouble period when your own schools are two of the worst violators out their today and they HAVE been caught and got in trouble for it.
If I were Memphis, I would sue the NCAA. Their clearinghouse cleared Rose to play then basically said, "My bad". What were they to do? He was cleared to play. As for players and agents, players ought to have to sign contracts that if they accept money or sign with an agent without the schools knowledge, they and they alone would be responsible for paying any and all fines and penalties. As it is now, what do they have to lose? Nothing. Take money from an agent and the school gets penalized. Hit them in the pocketbook is the only way to stop that.
look calipari never did anything wrong himself, the players did. however, as the coach who recruits and mentors these guys in college, you have some responsibility in their actions. it's the same with jim calhoun, he didn't do anything wrong, but their suspension due to their APR will fall on Calhoun
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:No, those players hurt their schools, not Calipari.
When you fine posters fine something Calipari has been guilty of and it been proven, come back and talk.

Like I said...
but I guess you were too butt-hurt to catch it...
The players were the ones who the NCAA deemed guilty - but whether or not anyone on here likes it - Cal is partially responsible for that

I even gave a non-basketball example for everyone who can't look outside the box
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Why would aanyone want more losing seasons after we just fired Bill Clyde?

To compare Mark Few to Billy Clyde is like comparing Coach K to Rodrick Rhodes
zaga_fan Wrote:Like I said...
but I guess you were too butt-hurt to catch it...
The players were the ones who the NCAA deemed guilty - but whether or not anyone on here likes it - Cal is partially responsible for that

I even gave a non-basketball example for everyone who can't look outside the box

What are you talking about?
You did it again. The bolded goes against what you said in the rest of your post.
How is Cal responsible?
The clearinghouse cleared him to play, not Cal. As someone said, Memphis should sue them. Your still not giving me a reason or FACT.
Also, how is Cal responsible for Camby going and getting an agent?

Once again, nothing. These types of post saying Cal is guilty of cheating are nothing more than slander at best.
Im still looking for someone to bring me the facts of where Cal has cheated....
zaga_fan Wrote:To compare Mark Few to Billy Clyde is like comparing Coach K to Rodrick Rhodes

I forgot how great Gonzaga is when they get out of the WAC.