Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chelsee Jarrell - 15th Region Player of the Year
Congrats Chelsee
Congratulations to you Chelsee...I wish you all of the luck in the world...It may not have ended the way you wanted it to, but you brought alot of excitement back to that program. 

Coach Baldwin as coach of the year?  Hmmm, must have been a small group to pick from...I don't believe he deserves it simply because when you listen to some of his players and old players talk, all that matters is the win and the record. 

But so it goes... :bow:
my momma always taught me if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all  Confusedhh: Confusedhh:...so there's my comment about Baldwin being coach of the year

Congratulations to Chelsee on being player of the year, it's hard living up to pre-season expectations that you have to carry a ball club and she handled it wonderfully, good luck in your college career  :clap: :clap: :clap:
Congratulations To A Well Deserving Player. She Earned It.  Good Luck In College. :party:   :clap:   :1:
This Is Very Bogus I Agree MCFan!!!!!!!!!!
You don't see me crying and whining because Darcey Hicks didn't receive this award, do you? She carried her squad all season long too, as did both Howard and Jarrell. IMO, the right player got the award. Congratulations Chelsee.
[quote author=cardinalfan27 link=topic=20606.msg208996#msg208996 date=1142119934]
[quote author=FjWrPp link=topic=20606.msg208906#msg208906 date=1142111031]
Ok, first of all i'm gonna be nice & congratulate chelsea on her award, but IMO, i hafta strongly disagree with this! i don't mean 2 trash her or anything but her team didn't even get out of the 1st round of districts and plus when ever p-ville would play MC, she would not even show an ounce of effort and would always give up and quit! she should've set a better example 4 her team as a senior and should not have become lazy which means she just left her teammates hung out 2 dry! and +, calloray has been double and tripled-teamed  many, many of times, supposedly just like jarrell has been and 1 last thing, Baldwin would not have been my choice 4 the Coach's award because when we played them at home, we held the ball in the 3rd quarter for like approx. 4 min. and any smart coach would've done something about it, especially if his team was losing! But, i will stick with my opinions of CALLORAY HOWARD and PUP MILLER!
[/quote]

She did lead her team to the All "A" Classic in Richmond though, and got in one of the games recieved player of the game... Chelsee deserved this so don't try and take anything away from her... we will see who really is the best when ALC plays PC
[/quote]who is ALC and PC
Calloray Howard got robbed...............
Ok.. dont look like she got to prove any thing in the 15th region..  bogus is damn right..

ill stick with the MCfan on this one baby..

Our girl calloray howard should have won it....

Ok guys enough is enough stop bashing her ok? Even if you dont agree with it it can't be redone.
Once again, it doesn't matter if you make the region tournament or not.  The COACHES of the 15th Region voted on this, so OBVIOUSLY they thought Chelsee was the better player, I would say the only vote Calloray got was from her own coach.
Calloray plays her heart out, and is a BETTER PLAYER than Chelsee Jarrell. While Chelsee is picking up her player of the year trophy, Calloray can be drinking from her water bottle at the State Tournament.
[quote author=hornetcrazy link=topic=20606.msg214840#msg214840 date=1142954374]
Calloray plays her heart out, and is a BETTER PLAYER than Chelsee Jarrell. While Chelsee is picking up her player of the year trophy, Calloray can be drinking from her water bottle at the State Tournament.
[/quote]
Yeah, Calloray will be playing against the best, Chelsee will be playing against the best too, on her play station.
Gee O Pete!!  Leave it up to the Magoffin Co fans to get out of bed and the hollors to show their class on this thread.  It was predicted they would start their crap. Come on Hornets, its 2006, time to grow up, take some lessons on how to carry yourselves in a classy manner (i think they teach that at Johnson Central ConfusedhhSmile

Congrats Chels, dont look back and bust Pikeville wide open........ :flame:
I can't wait to see what all the Magoffin County faithful will have to say next year when the award goes to Haley Ratliff and not Ashley Jade.
They'll say the same thing, only they would be right.
[quote author=PC_U_KNOW_98 link=topic=20606.msg214985#msg214985 date=1142970661]
I can't wait to see what all the Magoffin County faithful will have to say next year when the award goes to Haley Ratliff and not Ashley Jade.
[/quote] First congrats to Chelsee you had a good year and good luck with  Pikeville --PC the ones that are saying this about Calloray are intideled to there opion whether they are right or wrong is up to debate but what makes you think Haley will beat Ashley for poy she very well might dont know --you seem to have been a supporter of Magoffin if they wasnt playing Paintsville in the past dont stop now just because these people thought that Calloray shoulda got the award and not your sister either one coulda got it imo and Calloray got more than one vote
The Fan Wrote:First congrats to Chelsee you had a good year and good luck with  Pikeville --PC the ones that are saying this about Calloray are intideled to there opion whether they are right or wrong is up to debate but what makes you think Haley will beat Ashley for poy she very well might dont know --you seem to have been a supporter of Magoffin if they wasnt playing Paintsville in the past dont stop now just because these people thought that Calloray shoulda got the award and not your sister either one coulda got it imo and Calloray got more than one vote

I do support Magoffin when Paintsville isn't playing, I wish them the best in Bowling Green. Like you said it could have went either way, but for SOME to say that it was BOGUS is ridiculous.
Congratulatons to Chelsea, she deserved it. Good luck at Pikeville. :letsparty
great job im glad to see paintsville girls doing a great job. congrats
congrats chelsea
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:I am a Paintsville fan and I don't think Baldwin should have gotten the award.  One thing is for sure Pup shouldn't have, Magoffin was ranked #1 ALL year long and was predicted to win it all, coach of the year never goes to a coach like that.  Wireman on the other hand, YES, I thought Wireman shoudl have got the award.  At the beginning of the season noone gave him and his very young Lady Eagles a chance, yet once again Big Phil proved everyone wrong.

So you shouldn't get an award for being successful??????? And Magoffin wasn't ranked #1 all year long; Belfry was at one point.

Paintsville was however at the end of last season and in the Pre-Season polls predicted to be one of the top teams in the Region and they severly underachieved; not even making it out of the District.
Tricky Wrote:So you shouldn't get an award for being successful??????? And Magoffin wasn't ranked #1 all year long; Belfry was at one point.

Paintsville was however at the end of last season and in the Pre-Season polls predicted to be one of the top teams in the Region and they severly underachieved; not even making it out of the District.

True, but they did have a successful season, and went to the Final Four of the All A classic and lost to the Champion by 10.
2000PHS Wrote:True, but they did have a successful season, and went to the Final Four of the All A classic and lost to the Champion by 10.

The ALL "A" is a joke.

The best teams are not included in the ALL "A" Tournament.

Who were the 15th Region Power Houses that they beat to win the 15th Region ALL"A"?
Tricky Wrote:The ALL "A" is a joke.

Who were the 15th Region Power Houses that they beat to win the 15th Region ALL"A"?

Doesn't matter, Magoffin or Belfry couldn't have beat neither Monroe County nor St.Mary's, and maybe even a couple more teams at the All "A". Paintsville did underachieve IMO by not making it out of the district, but come on, how many great teams have you seen get upset or beat in the first round of districts (not saying it was an upset).

I promise you nobody from the 15th could have won the All A state title this year. Also if it is such a "joke", then why did MC try to get into the tourny?

Also, PHS lost in the first round of the district to their cross town rival on JC's home court and everyone knows anything can happen in a rivalry game. ( i.e. PHS boys beating JC by 25+ at JC then winning the district at JC by only 2.)
Congrats, Chel, on the honor and for a great senior season.

Since when has it become a joke?
Paintsville, IMO was the strongest Class "A" team in the 15th and represented very well. Now,....if you go one and out in a tourney, then that is another story.
Come on people grow up this is about Chelsea and get back on letting her stand out. I think everyone from the 15th region should be proud because the girls on every team is trying hard and i'm sure they are proud to be in the 15th region so after that said: congrats Chelsea
2000PHS Wrote:I promise you nobody from the 15th could have won the All A state title this year. Also if it is such a "joke", then why did MC try to get into the tourny?

Because they knew it would have been a cake walk. Could have added it to the other Metal they brought home his year.