Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley -64 Paintsville -61
Just goes to show that this region is wide open
[quote author=jumpball link=topic=20570.msg206876#msg206876 date=1141877442]
I thought that Shelby Valley played a very good game.  The 8th grader was one of the best that I have seen.  I think I underestimated Shelby Vally,and over enstimated Paintsville.  I thought that Coach Booher did a very good coaching job.  I think that I am going to have to give him more credit than I have.  Paintsville was not as good as I thought they were, but this was the 1st time that I had seen them play.  Wish Shelby Valley and Belfry could meet in the finals.  I think that this will be a very good game.  Let's all try to be more positive and this would be a very good Site.
[/quote]

I 8th grader is a very good player but i have seen some better than him.  I also have to disagree with you totally on booher doing an excellent jog coaching. If they would have kept ponding the ball down low it wouldnt have even been a close game.  The #32 was dominating the low post and paint area at the beging of the game and so was the other big guy.
I really feel like Booher gets a bad rap, he has those boys playing at the top of their game right now.  He has brought a young team that has competed all year at a very high level, to a place where they are believing that they are going to win every game they play for the rest of the season.  Shelby Valley comes to play every night and if your not sure about that goes ask Paintsville if the Cats were ready to play the other night.  Give credit to where credit is due, Booher you're doing a fantastic job, keep those boys playing hard and we will see you in Rupp!!!
3 reasons why Paintsville did not beat Shelby Valley:

1. They did NOT play as a team; to much individual stuff going on... I understand when you are down you want to take over... but my GOD run a play...
2. NO DEFENSE... none, end of story... no offensive or defensive rebounds... which leads to number three...
3. When you are not playing as a team nor playing any smidge of defense it doesn't help when you can't make a shot... I don't even think they could throw it in the ocean... Paintsville is a talented offensive team, but when only two people have double figures, granted one got his total to 10 because of free-throws with seconds to spare, you are not going to win games...

I'm extremely dissapointed in the team, they needed to get rid of whatever crap that was going on off the court and play their butts off... they didn't, they got beat... also, looking over your first round opponent doesn't help any either... good luck next year...
[quote author=cardinalfan27 link=topic=20570.msg207470#msg207470 date=1141939529]
3 reasons why Paintsville did not beat Shelby Valley:

1. They did NOT play as a team; to much individual stuff going on... I understand when you are down you want to take over... but my GOD run a play...
2. NO DEFENSE... none, end of story... no offensive or defensive rebounds... which leads to number three...
3. When you are not playing as a team nor playing any smidge of defense it doesn't help when you can't make a shot... I don't even think they could throw it in the ocean... Paintsville is a talented offensive team, but when only two people have double figures, granted one got his total to 10 because of free-throws with seconds to spare, you are not going to win games...

I'm extremely dissapointed in the team, they needed to get rid of whatever crap that was going on off the court and play their butts off... they didn't, they got beat... also, looking over your first round opponent doesn't help any either... good luck next year...

[/quote]

So just how bad is SV?  They beat a team of individuals that can't throw a ball in the ocean, who also don't play a lick of defense and don't run offensive plays, by just 3 points. Man if all this is true about Paintsville then Valley must be in the same boat.
The game was not as close as the score would indicate... didnt get close until 4 minutes to go in the game... Valley had them down like 20-6 and P-ville couldnt get within 10 the 1st half... then same thing happend second half until they realized they were going to lose and actually started playing like they gave damn...
[quote author=cardinalfan27 link=topic=20570.msg207635#msg207635 date=1141955629]
The game was not as close as the score would indicate... didnt get close until 4 minutes to go in the game... Valley had them down like 20-6 and P-ville couldnt get within 10 the 1st half... then same thing happend second half until they realized they were going to lose and actually started playing like they gave damn...
[/quote]

I think the score indicates how close the game was, Paintsville fought back after getting down big. Also I believe Valley was only up 10 at the half. 
[quote author=blackcat link=topic=20570.msg206722#msg206722 date=1141872222]
I was really impressed by the young 8th grader.  He is an awesome ball handler and didn't seem to let the pressure get to him.
[/quote]
[quote author=free throw link=topic=20570.msg207153#msg207153 date=1141915724]
  Good job,E  Justice and L. Bryant .   :clap:   
[/quote]

its always nice to see the young players step up during tournament time. Jake Bryant had a great game both offensively and defensively with 21 points on the offensive end of the floor against paintsville so good luck to him and the wildcats as they take on the Belfry Pirates.
Congrats to Shelby Valley youhave a bright future. We look forward to playing you in the future.

However, a little shoutout to BMR of Paintsville-The games are tuffer if you dont have T. Duffer! :thumpsup:  hehehehehehehe
Paintsville worked very hard to get back in this ballgame. I congradulate them for their effort and determination to come back the way they did in the 4th quarter. It's just an absolute shame that it wasn't a TEAM effort. Of course one person can't face shelby valley alone. It requires all 5 players out there, and until these boys solve their personal problems with one another, and a certain "person" gets rid of his big time ego problem they will be nothing. Its also very unfair to the boys who do want to win,  and make decisions benficial to the team as a whole; and to you boys who are out there for the right reasons- Keep it up, your glory will come!
[quote author=wildcat20 link=topic=20570.msg208133#msg208133 date=1142028561]
Paintsville worked very hard to get back in this ballgame. I congradulate them for their effort and determination to come back the way they did in the 4th quarter. It's just an absolute shame that it wasn't a TEAM effort. Of course one person can't face shelby valley alone. It requires all 5 players out there, and until these boys solve their personal problems with one another, and a certain "person" gets rid of his big time ego problem they will be nothing. Its also very unfair to the boys who do want to win, and make decisions benficial to the team as a whole; and to you boys who are out there for the right reasons- Keep it up, your glory will come!
[/quote]

Everytime someone posts about how selfish the Tigers are it only takes away from what Valley did.  You are hurting the Wildcats by saying they let a bunch of egos almost beat them.  Everyone is out there for the right reasons.
Congrats to Valley on a big win
[quote author=brokencard link=topic=20570.msg206524#msg206524 date=1141866069]
I was so glad to see that Paintsville got defeated!!!! Hated it for some of the players but I loved it for their fans!!!! :clap:
[/quote]

Okay. So now you hate our fans?? I hated to be beaten. Unfortunately the Tigers just didn't come ready to play. I would really LOVE to see JC get their asses kicked just like they did in distict, TWICE! against us. But the greasers will have to come home sometime. before the tourney's over.
[quote author=tigerprep link=topic=20570.msg208640#msg208640 date=1142092148]
I was so glad to see that Paintsville got defeated!!!! Hated it for some of the players but I loved it for their fans!!!! :clap:
[/quote]

Okay. So know you hate our fans?? I hated to be beaten. Unfortunately the Tigers just didn't come ready to play. I would really LOVE to see JC get their asses kicked just like they did in distict, TWICE! against Paintsville. But the greasers will have to come home sometime. before the tourney's over.
[/quote]
Wow such intelligence on display here in your post. Ever since Shelby Valley sent your school into baseball season all I can think about is that retarded cheer the tiger pep section uses "That was awesome". I think I'll use it myself in congratulating Shelby Valley on there easy win the other night. Congrats Shelby Valley from Johnson Central fans because “THAT WAS AWESOME" and we'll see you all tonight in the FINALS!!!!!!!
[quote author=Golden Eagle link=topic=20570.msg208675#msg208675 date=1142094888]
[/quote]

Okay. So know you hate our fans?? I hated to be beaten. Unfortunately the Tigers just didn't come ready to play. I would really LOVE to see JC get their asses kicked just like they did in distict, TWICE! against Paintsville. But the greasers will have to come home sometime. before the tourney's over.
[/quote]
Wow such intelligence on display here in your post. Ever since Shelby Valley sent your school into baseball season all I can think about is that retarded cheer the tiger pep section uses "That was awesome". I think I'll use it myself in congratulating Shelby Valley on there easy win the other night. Congrats Shelby Valley from Johnson Central fans because “THAT WAS AWESOME" and we'll see you all tonight in the FINALS!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Look who's talking. I'm guessing you are a student at JCHS. Well if you think that cheer is so retarded then why did you all use it after you played us in distict?? Tell me that. Oh, and by the way, tonight SV will do the same to you by sending you into baseball season so don't get too full of yourself yet,  Golden.
[quote author=tigerprep link=topic=20570.msg208739#msg208739 date=1142097691]
[quote author=Golden Eagle link=topic=20570.msg208675#msg208675 date=1142094888]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Look who's talking. I'm guessing you are a student at JCHS. Well if you think that cheer is so retarded then why did you all use it after you played us in distict?? Tell me that. Oh, and by the way, tonight SV will do the same to you by sending you into baseball season so don't get too full of yourself yet, Golden.
[/quote]
The frickin cheer is retarded and most outside of the tiger faithful will agree with me. I've not heard the goofy chant since Shelby Valley sent you home so I don't know what you’re talking about. I know I wouldn't use it because of where it originated from.
[quote author=Golden Eagle link=topic=20570.msg208811#msg208811 date=1142104423]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Look who's talking. I'm guessing you are a student at JCHS. Well if you think that cheer is so retarded then why did you all use it after you played us in distict?? Tell me that. Oh, and by the way, tonight SV will do the same to you by sending you into baseball season so don't get too full of yourself yet, Golden.
[/quote]
The frickin cheer is retarded and most outside of the tiger faithful will agree with me. I've not heard the goofy chant since Shelby Valley sent you home so I don't know what you’re talking about. I know I wouldn't use it because of where it originated from.
[/quote]

Well, the origin must have not bothered you in the past, seeing how you stole not only that cheer, but showtime, the boom, ahh B L U E..let's go blue, and not to mention after we got a good pep club sponser, you all hired a woman to lead you just like our's does. I'm not trying to create any trouble, I'm just trying to make a point to everyone.
WTG VALLEY!!!  :party:
Guys, who cares about the damn cheers! Start a new thread a quit arguing on this one!
[quote author=J. R. VanHoose link=topic=20570.msg209027#msg209027 date=1142122068]
Guys, who cares about the damn cheers! Start a new thread a quit arguing on this one!
[/quote]
:lol:
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Look who's talking. I'm guessing you are a student at JCHS. Well if you think that cheer is so retarded then why did you all use it after you played us in distict?? Tell me that. Oh, and by the way, tonight SV will do the same to you by sending you into baseball season so don't get too full of yourself yet,  Golden.
[/quote]

That is exactly right! :clap:
That game's officiating sucked.  And another thing, y didnt Daniel pass the ball to Grimm at the game's end, he couldnt hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle.
[quote author=pvilleguy link=topic=20570.msg209905#msg209905 date=1142199919]
That game's officiating sucked.  And another thing, y didnt Daniel pass the ball to Grimm at the game's end, he couldnt hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle.
[/quote]

GREAT question... that is what everyone in Paintsville is still trying to figure out... 2 people WIDE OPEN, takes the shot himself... typical, but what can you do now? ... suck and up and go for it next year
Maybe Daniel thought he could make the shot. I don't blame him. It wasn't a bad shot at all he took. Everybody in the state of Kentucky thought Landon was gonna take the shot, so Daniel tried to surprise them maybe?
But I would have rather had the person with 25 points shooting it rather than the one with 7... Landon had the hott hand...
[quote author=cardinalfan27 link=topic=20570.msg209997#msg209997 date=1142207975]
But I would have rather had the person with 25 points shooting it rather than the one with 7... Landon had the hott hand...
[/quote]
I agree. Don't know why he shot the final shot, but like I said it wasn't a bad one, but I would've rather have Landon shooting it.
I think grimm or landon should hav shot the ball, pugh couldnt hit a bull inthe ass with a bass fiddle
[quote author=pvilleguy link=topic=20570.msg210713#msg210713 date=1142298385]
I think grimm or landon should hav shot the ball, pugh couldnt hit a bull inthe ass with a bass fiddle
[/quote]
I bet you won't tell him that man to man. Get off the kid's back, Daniel's a good guy. You'll miss him when he's gone.
Wasn't that sorta tried today??? Confusedhh: