Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd County Coach?
http://dailyindependent.com/localsports/...d-football
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brooks teaches at Boyd County Middle....I think he was an assistant at Huntington High School in West Virginia
Any word on lance Evans? heard through pretty good source he's going to Russell after basketball season over? an also that lee is going to be an assistant at Russell, I know his wife an Gary morris wife are cousins. So i kind of thoughts this may happen but anyone else heard this an if so how does the kid switch schools without changing address?? just curious how that's gonna work?
BADCAT74 Wrote:Any word on lance Evans? heard through pretty good source he's going to Russell after basketball season over? an also that lee is going to be an assistant at Russell, I know his wife an Gary morris wife are cousins. So i kind of thoughts this may happen but anyone else heard this an if so how does the kid switch schools without changing address?? just curious how that's gonna work?

Ive heard the rumors and they make sense. If it does happen the only way he would be eligible I assume would be an address change.
From what I understand, if the parent takes a job in another district, the child can transfer with no punishment or address change.
FBALL Wrote:Ive heard the rumors and they make sense. If it does happen the only way he would be eligible I assume would be an address change.

That's what i thought.. But lee lived across the street from me when he was at Ashland an when he moved out to Boyd they built a new house out on rockhouse rd. That would be a tough move after building a home. I wish the best for lee an his family there good people. hope lance gets to play somewhere he's a great kid.
Rock house road and Happy ridge are the border between the Russell and Boyd County districts. I believe if you live there you have your choice.
BigCatzFan Wrote:From what I understand, if the parent takes a job in another district, the child can transfer with no punishment or address change.

I thought that may be the case but I wasn't sure. That seems like a logical exception.
Im definitely not an expert on this, just a question? but wouldn't that kinda support some of the recruiting problems across the state. If the parent of a highly touted athlete an happened to be a teacher wanted to transfer his kid to the school of choice an that school had or made an opening for the teacher. Seems like that would or could be a problem.
Just my thoughts on this, if anyone knows the true facts Im interested in knowing.
not saying that's what's going on here at all.
Kind of makes sense though. If a parent gets a job at another school then the child would go with them. On the other hand you could see where that might get manipulated.

I don't think any body expected Evans to stay at Boyd after they fired him from his coaching position.
He will be eligible because Boyd County won't contest it. They're more interested in the welfare of the student.
Loosing coach and there QB another wise move by the powers to be at Boyd .
We played their 8th grade team and heard rumblings from those parents this past year about wanting Evans gone. Big mouth parents sunk that ship, not that it was sailing well, but I thought the varsity had made improvement.
Trouble Wrote:He will be eligible because Boyd County won't contest it. They're more interested in the welfare of the student.

I would not count on this being true !!!!!!!
If Boyd fires the coach and contests the kid leaving to play for his father that sure shows that the school in interested in families.
They are not going to contest it.
For what it's worth, I believe the days of school "contesting" a transfer are long gone. If I am correct the school simply marks whether a student has participated in a varsity contest since entering the ninth grade and the most recent date of that participation. In days gone by the schools could just sign off or not contest a transfer but that is not the case today as I understand it.