Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs. Trinity
Its funny how when the 'bird brains talk about about how they are going beat Franklin Simpson everyone on here is like "you ego-maniac fools, just cause the birds are undefeated doesn't mean they cant loose."

Then flip the shoe on the other foot and we again are the idiots for ever thinking our team could beat Trinity.

Lots of hate on them birds. Last time T and H met up in a real game Brett Hamblen and Gino Guidugli completely thrashed them in 2000.

Im not saying this Trinity Team sent from Heaven by Tebow would get rocked by Highlands, Im just sayn H would hang in there WAY closer than all you haters say.
T wouldnt stop the H offense and H wouldnt stop T's offense it would be a great game.
^ It's that belief that "you can" beat anyone that others wish they had. They will call it "being real", but it's those who aspire to do the unreal that accomplish great feats.
Stardust Wrote:^ It's that belief that "you can" beat anyone that others wish they had. They will call it "being real", but it's those who aspire to do the unreal that accomplish great feats.

completely agree. many teams walk into games thinking, "golly, we are going to get blown out of the water" its a self fulfilling prophecy.
Im sure when Ryle beat the birds two years ago they fully believed they were going to win.

nobody ever accomplishes anything that they believe they cant do.

Dale runs a program that brainwashes (in a good way). They grow up thinking anything less that undefeated state championship is garbage. the whole town expects the impossible routinely. It is about as close to ancient sparta a hs football team can be.
birdman44 Wrote:completely agree. many teams walk into games thinking, "golly, we are going to get blown out of the water" its a self fulfilling prophecy.
Im sure when Ryle beat the birds two years ago they fully believed they were going to win.

nobody ever accomplishes anything that they believe they cant do.

Dale runs a program that brainwashes (in a good way). They grow up thinking anything less that undefeated state championship is garbage. the whole town expects the impossible routinely. It is about as close to ancient sparta a hs football team can be.

Organized pedophilia? 300 really gave people the wrong impression about ancient Sparta.

I don't hate Highlands at all. I respect them more than any other program in the state. If any team in Kentucky was capable of beating Trinity this year it was probably them. But putting aside all of the hypothetical 'we can beat anyone on a given night' talk and Highlands just wasn't as good as Trinity this year. Like I said I like Highlands and their fans but I'm not going to shoot rainbows up their ass and say that they could beat a team that I don't think that they could this season.
birdman44 Wrote:Its funny how when the 'bird brains talk about about how they are going beat Franklin Simpson everyone on here is like "you ego-maniac fools, just cause the birds are undefeated doesn't mean they cant loose."

Then flip the shoe on the other foot and we again are the idiots for ever thinking our team could beat Trinity.

Lots of hate on them birds. Last time T and H met up in a real game Brett Hamblen and Gino Guidugli completely thrashed them in 2000.

Im not saying this Trinity Team sent from Heaven by Tebow would get rocked by Highlands, Im just sayn H would hang in there WAY closer than all you haters say.
T wouldnt stop the H offense and H wouldnt stop T's offense it would be a great game.

Birdman, one thing about this site is that there are no Trinity fans on here. Which means, whoever posting against us either knows that A. We destroyed their team or B. We would destroy their team. So their hatred shows through.
WideRight05 Wrote:Birdman, one thing about this site is that there are no Trinity fans on here. Which means, whoever posting against us either knows that A. We destroyed their team or B. We would destroy their team. So their hatred shows through.

Or C. They can not bring themselves to agree with the Wideout crew no matter what the subject is. Confusednicker:
^ Because the Wideshow is just that good!
RoShamBo Wrote:Organized pedophilia? 300 really gave people the wrong impression about ancient Sparta.

I don't hate Highlands at all. I respect them more than any other program in the state. If any team in Kentucky was capable of beating Trinity this year it was probably them. But putting aside all of the hypothetical 'we can beat anyone on a given night' talk and Highlands just wasn't as good as Trinity this year. Like I said I like Highlands and their fans but I'm not going to shoot rainbows up their ass and say that they could beat a team that I don't think that they could this season.

did not know the spartans were sanduskyes. I take back that statement....gross

I really doubt that Highlands would win. But they could. I think it would be a close game between T and H.
I think worse case scenario H looses by 21.
best case scenario H by one point.
oh yeah, why are there no Trinity fans on this site, shouldn't there be like 400 million alumni?
They're probably too cool for the regular internet. they use the double secret super internet.
birdman44 Wrote:did not know the spartans were sanduskyes. I take back that statement....gross

I really doubt that Highlands would win. But they could. I think it would be a close game between T and H.
I think worse case scenario H looses by 21.
best case scenario H by one point.

Lol, a lot of people don't thanks to the revisionist history of Hollywood. Very Sandusky-esque.
rebel 4 life Wrote:i argee with you highlands is able to pull kids over from cincys and other place in nky with the amazing education system and sports so it not that highlands being a mid sized schoolb is able to compete but they destoy everyone aroumd them and they would give trinty a good game for most of the game

Yes they are able to do that...BUT THEY DON'T!
WideRight05 Wrote:Birdman, one thing about this site is that there are no Trinity fans on here. Which means, whoever posting against us either knows that A. We destroyed their team or B. We would destroy their team. So their hatred shows through.

My team is Boyle. No shame in what the Rebels have accomplished through the years.

No one appreciates what the Birds do year in or year out as does Trinity. No one else is on par with them in the state.

It's just makes me :biglmao: when someone debates certain Bird fans with facts and honest give and take immediately gets labeled a hater.

:eyeroll:
Talent wise trinity was unbelieveable this year. I doubt highlands could beat them.
Hatz Wrote:My team is Boyle. No shame in what the Rebels have accomplished through the years.

No one appreciates what the Birds do year in or year out as does Trinity. No one else is on par with them in the state.

It's just makes me :biglmao: when someone debates certain Bird fans with facts and honest give and take immediately gets labeled a hater.

:eyeroll:

I guess that 35-14 FACT shut you all up pretty early this season didn't it?
Highlands had a great season, great team, and a tremendous program. In saying that, Trinity had an exceptional team this year, the best this State has ever produced. I saw both play, and although Highlands had a great team, Trinity was better. Could Highland pull an upset? Sure! They had the talent to pull an upset, but a lot of things would have to work in their favor i.e. multiple turnovers by Trinity, things of that nature. It is possible, but IMO very unlikely. This debate in no way takes away from Highland's success. They had a season and a program to be proud of.
I can't say who would win this game. Trinity this year , last year and probably next year are the team to beat. Maybe Highlands could have beat them this year , we will never know. However, in '09 I felt that Highlands could'nt beat Cincy X either. Just hoped that we could get out of that game and not get embarassed. Highlands won that game . Minus their starting QB with a back up QB named Towles. Cincy X also beat Trinity that year.
So as awesome as Trinity is now, the tide may turn.
The tide will turn. Over each 10 year stretch, Highlands and Trinity would likely split a series. I just know the last time they played a real game, Highlands was up 35-7 and called off the dogs.
WideRight05 Wrote:I guess that 35-14 FACT shut you all up pretty early this season didn't it?

Wouldn't use the word "Shut us up" but it made us see how far we had to go this year to challenge. Boyle got better but never really was in the same league this year as the Birds. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:Wouldn't use the word "Shut us up" but it made us see how far we had to go this year to challenge. Boyle got better but never really was in the same league this year as the Birds. :Thumbs:

Hard to shut up someone who never talks smack.
WideRight05 Wrote:I think everyone's hatred for Highlands is getting in the way of their thinking. Like a couple of people have said, we had some injuries in the scrimmage we played. Not to mention, it was just that - a SCRIMMAGE. Honestly, I think with everybody full force and us playing our BEST game, we beat Trinity by 2 - 3 scores. But that's at our BEST.

:HitWall::ChairHit::insane::lmao::igiveup::please::thatsfunn:eyeroll::dontthink:gtfo:
^ is that the complete joke called Lewis county football?
Ok Highlands fans, and everyone else can answer this too. I'm not asking this to make a point or be a smarta$$, I'm really just wondering:

1. What weaknesses/ soft spots does Trinity have on offense and defense that Highlands could expose and take advantage of?

2. What would Highlands have to do to beat Trinity? What would Trinity have to do to beat Highlands? (and don't say score more points captain obvious)
Trinity 63-7
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Trinity 63-7

:lmao: Keep it going, I'm looking for a shutout by the time this thread is done.
birdman44 Wrote:Its funny how when the 'bird brains talk about about how they are going beat Franklin Simpson everyone on here is like "you ego-maniac fools, just cause the birds are undefeated doesn't mean they cant loose."

I'm trying to say this without coming across as trying to make you look bad but i think you are being a little bais. Trinity stop Highlands cold in thier scimmage to the tune of 38-14. Highlands in most years can keep it close or even win but not this year.

Let's just say Trinity's defense would stop our offense more times than the Birds would stop their's. 4td victory for the Sham's.
Louisville Wrote:Would be an interesting game, Towles vs Wright, Bruns on defense vs. Quick on Offense, but Trinity is #2 in the nation for a reason(#1 in some polls), I think highlands may put up 21 on them, all from Towles, but Trinity would win by 20+.

There are 9 polls which do the rankings Trinity is #1 in 5 of them. With that being said they are #1 in MOST polls not Some.
Plus they played a controlled scrimmage (albeit just a scrimmage) Highlands got annihilated ! Dont say highlands didn't play hard of didn't care either.
RoShamBo Wrote::lmao: Keep it going, I'm looking for a shutout by the time this thread is done.

They probably wouldn't shut highlands out !
Score more like 48-6.
I was wrong 4 out of 9
Trinity 77-3