Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(1) Kentucky 81 - St. Johns 59
What about my boy Darius Miller with the alley oop dunk!?!?!? Can you say top plays!!??
Have you all noticed that we just make fun of other defenses? Alley oops and dunking all day hahaha.. Man that put back dunk off the missed free throw by Jones was just nasty.
This team is just down right sick.
I have to say, millers dunk was amazing! It was a bad pass from lamb but miller turned it into some highlight time. As Dickie v would say "it's awesome baby with a capital A!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I dont just wanna beat UNC.

I wanna beat UNC by 30.

If UK beats UNC by 30, I will join the 40-0 bandwagon.

Ballers Wrote:What about my boy Darius Miller with the alley oop dunk!?!?!? Can you say top plays!!??
Have you all noticed that we just make fun of other defenses? Alley oops and dunking all day hahaha.. Man that put back dunk off the missed free throw by Jones was just nasty.

A minute or two after that dunk, I thought about you........in a normal way, lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anybody know where polson was tonight?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Anybody know where polson was tonight?

Didn't play. He's only played four of the 7 games
Calipari not thrilled with UK's final tuneup

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Multiple times before Thursday’s 81-59 throttling of St. John’s, Kentucky students approached center Anthony Davis on campus and wished the freshman good luck.

And not against the Red Storm.

“Everyone wants to talk about North Carolina,” Davis said. “It’s been that way for the last month.”

Indeed, there won’t be a nonconference game all season as anticipated as Saturday’s tilt between No. 1 Kentucky and the Tar Heels, who fell from No. 1 to No. 5 in the polls following this past Saturday’s loss at UNLV.

“People wish they were still ranked No. 1,” Davis said. “It doesn’t really matter, though. It’s going to be a fight.”

Or at least that’s what John Calipari hopes. Terrence Jones scored 26 points while Davis had 15 points, 15 rebounds and eight blocks in Thursday’s win over St. John’s. After the game, Calipari pleaded with fans listening to his radio show to remember one thing.

“It’s Dec. 1, folks,” Calipari said. “It’s Dec. 1.”

Calipari is known for downplaying his team’s success, especially early in the season. But with North Carolina headed to town and a Dec. 10 game against undefeated Indiana in Bloomington, some of his concerns seem legitimate.

Calipari complained that the Wildcats aren’t exhibiting the physical toughness he likes to see in his players, noting that the Johnnies continually stripped the ball from the Wildcats, especially in the paint.

“When it got rough, we had guys who couldn’t come up with balls,” he said. “It’s an Achilles heel for us.”

The bigger problem, Calipari said, is on the offensive end. The Cats shot just 40 percent against a Red Storm squad that features four freshmen and two junior college transfers among its top seven players. Shot selection. Ball movement. Guys being out of place. Everything, Calipari said, seemed disjointed.

“We were inept offensively,” Calipari said. “We just aren’t in sync yet, and we have to get it there. I’m looking at other teams around the country that are top-ranked teams. They are just way ahead of us offensively. Just way ahead.”

That’s understandable, of course. Three of UK’s starters (Davis, point guard Marquis Teague and forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist) are freshmen. And even though every game in Lexington has a “big time” feel, the trio hasn’t experienced anything like the hoopla that will surround this weekend's showdown against the Heels, who have as many as six potential first-round NBA draft picks in their rotation.

Calipari said Kentucky will be in trouble if it has to rely on its freshmen to win. He said Jones is going to have to step up and take charge along with sophomore Doron Lamb and senior Darius Miller.
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketbal...nal-tuneup
Stardust Wrote:Didn't play. He's only played four of the 7 games

But it was blow out city and all the other players played.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
[HTML]STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
Terrence Jones, F 32 7-12 1-2 11-16 4 9 0 4 4 3 4 26
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, F 22 1-7 1-1 2-2 0 2 1 1 0 3 4 5
Doron Lamb, G 35 6-11 2-3 2-2 1 4 3 0 1 1 1 16
Anthony Davis, F 32 6-10 0-0 3-6 7 15 0 2 8 1 3 15
Marquis Teague, G 31 2-9 1-3 0-1 1 5 5 2 1 2 2 5
BENCH MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
Eloy Vargas, F 5 1-4 0-0 1-2 2 3 0 0 2 0 1 3
Darius Miller, G 27 4-10 0-5 1-1 2 4 6 0 1 1 2 9
Kyle Wiltjer, F 12 1-5 0-2 0-0 0 3 0 0 1 0 1 2
Sam Malone, G 2 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0
Brian Long, G 2 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0[/HTML]

Three on the roster did not get in
Just odd to see somebody besides the normal ones out there an polson not be
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
LWC Wrote:If UK beats UNC by 30, I will join the 40-0 bandwagon.

A minute or two after that dunk, I thought about you........in a normal way, lol.

LOL... I appreciate it LWC.. Love you too - no homo..
Stardust Wrote:[Image: http://media.kentucky.com/smedia/2011/12...uSt.79.jpg]

Why does the guy on the right of this picture have grandmas christmas sweater on? lol
Hey DUSTY...

waya think about Eloy? Told ya he was improved...Wink
I watched Eloy trip over his own feet (literally) in the last three minutes of the game. You are right, last year he would not have even been on the floor with three minutes to go to trip over his own feet, so I guess you can take that as an improvement.... Wink
Vargas has completely improved his entire game:ChairHit:

[html]SEASON TEAM MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
2011-12 UK 8.6 0.9-1.7 .500 0.0-0.1 .000 0.4-1.0 .429 3.0 0.1 0.7 0.1 1.1 0.3 2.1
2010-11 UK 7.7 0.5-1.1 .442 0.0-0.0 .000 0.5-0.8 .613 2.0 0.1 0.6 0.1 1.0 0.3 1.5[/html]
theVILLE Wrote:Just odd to see somebody besides the normal ones out there an polson not be
Polson has a back injury. I think it is just a strained back.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Amun-Ra Wrote:Polson has a back injury. I think it is just a strained back.

Oh okay. I knew I didnt even see him there... Hope he has a good recovery from that injury though!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Why does the guy on the right of this picture have grandmas christmas sweater on? lol

I was at this game, he done it to get on the big screen is all, and of course he did. Miller's dunk was crazy, Rupp went crazy when it happened
If I had a dollar for very time Dickie v said diaper dandy last night I'd be a rich man lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Nothing from Sparty on this one? ha
Stardust Wrote:Vargas has completely improved his entire game:ChairHit:

[html]SEASON TEAM MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
2011-12 UK 8.6 0.9-1.7 .500 0.0-0.1 .000 0.4-1.0 .429 3.0 0.1 0.7 0.1 1.1 0.3 2.1
2010-11 UK 7.7 0.5-1.1 .442 0.0-0.0 .000 0.5-0.8 .613 2.0 0.1 0.6 0.1 1.0 0.3 1.5[/html]

You gotta admit though man, he's a good kid, and he's improved his toughness, rebounding, put backs and getting up and down the floor. He;s still got some improvement with getting up and down, but he's much much better than last year. Glad we have me.
^Vargas gave UK some GREAT minutes today. He's not a flashy player or going to wow you, but he's going to play tough and do the little things. Every team needs a guy like that. We actually got a few. MKG = Junk Yard Dog.