Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wales chasing Jude's record.
Coachdad Wrote:If history held true then we can assume central would remain "undefeated" every time they make it to state. Especially since the Tilghman team that edged Central destroyed Somerset just like Central would have.

huh??
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:With that said, had it not been for Highlands, Jude could of easily had probably 500 more rushing yards threwout his career.

On the flip side, Wales didnt start his freshman year and has set out a few to injury meaning he could of easily had 500 yards or more for his career.

Theres really no argument for either side.
With 8 games being the difference, it could have been closer to a 1,000 too.

Jude played some as a freshman but was not a starter at RB either.
Somebody correct me if I'mwrong but I think Jude only had 30 some carries as a freshman
Id like to see Jude keep the record for a little while but thats just me. what grade is this Wales kid in anyhow?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:With that said, had it not been for Highlands, Jude could of easily had probably 500 more rushing yards threwout his career.

On the flip side, Wales didnt start his freshman year and has set out a few to injury meaning he could of easily had 500 yards or more for his career.

Jude doesn't need an argument. He has the record and he set it in fewer games than Wales has already played. As others have already pointed out, Jude did not start as RB as a freshman and only had a few carries that season.

Injuries are part of the game. Remaining healthy and uninjured involves some luck, but Jude's legendary work ethic did not hurt either.

If Wales breaks the record, then he will have to earn it, just has Jude has done.
J.W. Wrote:Id like to see Jude keep the record for a little while but thats just me. what grade is this Wales kid in anyhow?

He's a senior with one game left
Wise one Wrote:That was 2009

Destroyed? Final score was 21-0. I don't call that destroyed.

BTW, PT defeated Central 24 - 21 at PT in the Semi-Finals.

Yep 21-0 has always been considered a " skunk" . And yea I'm agreeing with you "narrowly edged" Central 24-21

But, the fact of the matter is still Jude has done it in 8 less games than Wales.
I of course am a fan of Jude since he plays in my area, but if i was Wales coach & the game was in hand i would give him every carry i could to have a chance at breaking the record. It's a once in a life time chance.
With that being said i still hope he dont break it. I'm sure he is probably a great kid, but i have met Jude & he is one fine young man. You are gonna have fans of each on here making arguments for each.
Good luck to both in the future. You both have left us with many great football memories.

The Freshman year is not where the difference is. Wales had 45 carries for 399 yards. JJ had 35 carries for 258 yards. So neither were factors in their teams offenses their freshman years.

I wouldn't put a lot into the argument of Highlands being on Johnson Centrals schedule and how many more games could have been played unless you put the enitre schedule strength throughout the rest of the season side by side. If we want to talk about schedules and it's impact, we totally change the entire dynamic of the discussion. What would Wales have done if his regular season included Heath, Clay Co, Boyd or Greenup? Or would Wales have been shut down against PCC or Highlands. We have no idea, maybe he wouldn't have needed as many games to get the numbers that he has now, or he would have lost 400 yards or rushing against those two teams?

We know that Wales has played against Manual, St. X, or PRP and a whole host of other 5A and 6A schools in his career, but he has also had games with teams like E-Town to build big numbers as well.

I don't know that a solid argument can be made if schedules are used for comparative purposes.
Both kids are very good High-School Rb's. I really do not care who is better, they both have amazing stats and are valuable to their team.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Stardust Wrote:The Freshman year is not where the difference is. Wales had 45 carries for 399 yards. JJ had 35 carries for 258 yards. So neither were factors in their teams offenses their freshman years.

I wouldn't put a lot into the argument of Highlands being on Johnson Centrals schedule and how many more games could have been played unless you put the enitre schedule strength throughout the rest of the season side by side. If we want to talk about schedules and it's impact, we totally change the entire dynamic of the discussion. What would Wales have done if his regular season included Heath, Clay Co, Boyd or Greenup? Or would Wales have been shut down against PCC or Highlands. We have no idea, maybe he wouldn't have needed as many games to get the numbers that he has now, or he would have lost 400 yards or rushing against those two teams?

We know that Wales has played against Manual, St. X, or PRP and a whole host of other 5A and 6A schools in his career, but he has also had games with teams like E-Town to build big numbers as well.

I don't know that a solid argument can be made if schedules are used for comparative purposes.

Actually according to Johnson Central JJ had 415 yrds as a Freshman, 1906 as a Soph,3258 as a Jr and 3058 as a Sr for a total of 8637 yards for his career.
Well if Central gives the ball to Wales 294 times Saturday, he'll break the records for career rushing yards, career & season rushing attempts, and most plays in a game lol

whoever gets the record, its been a fun season watching these 2 go after it. Thank you both and good luck next year
Why don't we just get a ruler and have them both whip it out and settle it once and for all? :HitWall:
I don't know if Wale's was hurt or what but the Casey Co. game,in which he had only 2 YD's on 3 carries,was the difference for him. If he had gotten only a hundred and fifty yard's in that game he would have probably attained the record or at least had a great shot at it.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Why don't we just get a ruler and have them both whip it out and settle it once and for all? :HitWall:

Confusednicker:
White Feather Wrote:Actually according to Johnson Central JJ had 415 yrds as a Freshman, 1906 as a Soph,3258 as a Jr and 3058 as a Sr for a total of 8637 yards for his career.

I just took it from KHSAA.

JJ: http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ts_27722_0
Stardust Wrote:I just took it from KHSAA.

JJ: http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ts_27722_0
The last three games are not reported in these stats. Go to the team stats from that link and it shows the missing games. The stats against HHS this year are not reported either.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Confusednicker:

Whip "what" out ? That sounds vulgar !
Coachdad Wrote:Whip "what" out ? That sounds vulgar !

Stacks of press clippings and scholarship offers IYAM:eyeroll:
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:The last three games are not reported in these stats. Go to the team stats from that link and it shows the missing games. The stats against HHS this year are not reported either.

My point was that neither Wales or JJ were featured as primary backs their Freshman years, so in my original comment. The comments kept being said that Wales did not start his Freshman year, well it appears neither were featured backs their Frosh year!
Coachdad Wrote:Whip "what" out ? That sounds vulgar !
Get in the game coach. Confusednicker:
TheRealVille Wrote:Get in the game coach. Confusednicker:

I don't play "those kind" of games I'm straight!
It was a joke. The thread had turned into something almost ridiculous with all the what ifs and such. I was making a joke about settling it with a different kind of contest. You know I've always heard it was a game of inches.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Why don't we just get a ruler and have them both whip it out and settle it once and for all? :HitWall:

I'm not watching that contest
Buc-a-roo Wrote:It was a joke. The thread had turned into something almost ridiculous with all the what ifs and such. I was making a joke about settling it with a different kind of contest. You know I've always heard it was a game of inches.

oh boy ! well alrighty then !
Buc-a-roo Wrote:It was a joke. The thread had turned into something almost ridiculous with all the what ifs and such. I was making a joke about settling it with a different kind of contest. You know I've always heard it was a game of inches.

oh boy! alrighty then. thats still a game i dont want any part of:Shaking:
Me neither Coachdad, probably because I would lose miserably. :Sad04:
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Me neither Coachdad, probably because I would lose miserably. :Sad04:

Speak for yourself...I'd like to think I'd have more records than Highlands Big Grin
Who wants to talk football?!