Poll: 3A State Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
50.00%
Central
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central Dec. 3 (3A State Championship)
I am loving this thread.... It is only my opinion, but for what its worth, here goes.

Did Belfry come out flat last night? DEFINITELY! They in no way played the way I have seen them play all year! They seemed flat on their heels, tight, and uncomfortable. In the end, though, like all great teams, they found a way to win! That being said, anyone who believes that this team is in any way the same Belfry team that faced Central in the finals last year has their blinders on.

This game will be an uphill battle and it will be difficult, but this team has something special; I've known it since I watched them play middle school ball.... I don't know whether it will turn into a blow out or be a watch every second grind it out football game.... either way I know that the Pirates will be ready to play and represent their school and community with pride. I would not be dismissing them so carelessly or just automatically assuming that Central has this one sewn up, that's why they play the games!
I love my Pirate team and I think they have shown all year what we are about.....Heart and Spirit....Win or Lose Belfry can say "Look at us....small town...big heart" I think it is an honor for any of the Eastern teams to make it as far as State...so Win or Lose Be Proud that you pushed and made it as far as you did. Go Big Red!!!!
iam going to be honest belfry's pass d was terrible last night if central can have a balance of pass an run belfry is screwed an if sani warren doesn't play this could get ugly...if sani plays the chances of the upset is better..sani an the rest of the d get healthily this belfry win 28-21...if sani doesn't play central 34-14...it all starts if U think u can win go play Ur game stop their offense win this game!!!!!!!!!GO PIRATES!!!!!:rockon::insane::popcorn:
TheTruthwillset Wrote:The Belfry pirates have no chance in this game. They will not stop ace Wales he will run at will and this game will be over before halftime. What do you mean put him out thats sad. I guess what i heard was right and that belfry is going to try and injury ace but you cant hurt whats you cant catch.

Central = 67

Belfry= 6

no shame in a runners up trophy though

They may beat us but no one will try to hurt him we do not play like that your a dumb ass our coach would go crazy if they heard something like that we have more class than that sounds like something you used to being around or thats the way you played GOOD LUCK PIRATES.TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Garrard played with alot of emotion, it was their first time ever being in the position they were in. It was at Garrard and they were having a historical season for Garrard county football. I thought Belfry would handle them, but they didn't. At this point in the season, a win is a win. After Central shut out Bell, they clearly proved they are the class of 3A football. The great thing about high school football is anything can happen. A turnover, a missed pat, a blocked punt, a kickoff return for a td, a recovered onside kick, anything. Belfry has been in this game too many times to not believe they can win the game. Haywood is too good of a coach not have Belfry prepared for what Central does. Belfry will have to play the perfect game, mistake free, to have a shot. I think Central wins the game but I think Belfry makes a game of it. Central 28 Belfry 14
I'll definitely be pulling for Coach Haywood and the Pirates next week, I very much hope they bring the trophy back to the mountains, but Central is a very,very good team, Belfry will have to eliminate turnovers and dumb penalties to be able to pull this one out. That being said, I think Wales and the overall speed of Central will be too much for the Pirates in the end. Go Pirates!

Central 35
Belfry 21
Good luck to Belfry and God Bless them richly.
Amped 88 Wrote:Central will win this title just as easy as last year. Belfy has no chance if they can only beat GC like they did and let them rush for over 400 yards what is Wales and Central going to do?
You have no idea what GC has... I would put #1 Hayes up against Whales any day of
the week. GC has been underrated all year, and that's the way we like it...If Belfry can
contain Whales the same way they did Hayes, they have a shot of pulling off the upset.
Looks like everyone might be underrating Belfry.. I like their chances!!
I'm going with the Pirates!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
jw4914 Wrote:You have no idea what GC has... I would put #1 Hayes up against Whales any day of
the week. GC has been underrated all year, and that's the way we like it...If Belfry can
contain Whales the same way they did Hayes, they have a shot of pulling off the upset.

good point JW...I like GC, classy fans and upcoming program. Hope to see you guys in the mix every year. From the sounds of things, the game the last was a sight to behold as far as attendance went.
Belfry's run wil end here... Central 48-7.... Sorry, I am indeed a Pirate but this isn't going to happen..
Check out the avatar Pirate fans. This is coolest avatar I've ever had!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
jw4914 Wrote:You have no idea what GC has... I would put #1 Hayes up against Whales any day of

Yeah, he's wrong anyway. GC didn't rush for 400 yards, not even close. It was their combined total yards, and most of it is passing yards.
i got central in this one, i dont reckon belfry can match up. should still be a decent game. good luck both teams

It doesn't matter. There is no way that anybody from GC can hold a light to Wales you guys ought to know that from Belfry because of what happened last season. I was wrong about the 400 yards that was total offense. Bell Co conatained Wales as good as anybody and still got shutout 26-0. Good luck I hope the mountains prevail but it won't happen.
I predict a shut out. Belfry will not get anywhere near the endzone!!! Ft Campbell only scored b/c Central took their starting defense out. IMO this Belfry/Central match up will be 10x worse than last years. Wales is a senior, this will be his last HS game. More than likely he'll play all 4 qtrs. I think u guys forget that although Wales is the talk of the program, he is not their only weapon. They have ridiculous speed on both sides of the ball. I plan on definitely being there b/c it will be a show....JACKET show that is!!!

Good luck JACKETS!!!!
Iluvfootball Wrote:I predict a shut out. Belfry will not get anywhere near the endzone!!! Ft Campbell only scored b/c Central took their starting defense out. IMO this Belfry/Central match up will be 10x worse than last years. Wales is a senior, this will be his last HS game. More than likely he'll play all 4 qtrs. I think u guys forget that although Wales is the talk of the program, he is not their only weapon. They have ridiculous speed on both sides of the ball. I plan on definitely being there b/c it will be a show....JACKET show that is!!!

Good luck JACKETS!!!!

What?
#BBFL
Pulling for Belfry in this one.
Stardust Wrote:FBALL, you are dead-on about Centrals speed. All we hear about is Wales, but the defensive side of the ball is scary fast! I have no idea who Belfry has played that has great speed, but they will not have played a team as fast as Central this year.

Most teams scheme to ground out the clock against Central. After getting down on a Kick-Return, 80 yard run by Wales, and a Pick-6 - the gameplan goes out the window and that is when Central turns decent games into blowouts.

They haven't seen anyone with that kind of speed all year but very few teams have that kind of speed.

I'd say Garrard and Ashland come the closest.
FBALL Wrote:They haven't seen anyone with that kind of speed all year but very few teams have that kind of speed.

I'd say Garrard and Ashland come the closest.

I'd give the edge to Garrard.

Offensively - IMO Belfry needs to run the ball effectively and eat away that clock which they are so good at doing. I believe the Pirates should run strictly up the gut with a sweep here or there. Because with Centrals defensive speed. Those sweeps won't work unless you get the Central D strictly looking at the dive and smack a sweep for a 10 - 15 yard gain.

Defensively - Everybody has to get to the ball and tackle. And when you do tackle, you make them remember that your Belfry! And show them your tougher because you know you are!

I know Haywood is going to have these boys ready and prepared to win this title and bring it to Belfry!!
#BBFL
people u are going to see speed at its best ,belfry when your running back touches the ball theres going to be 5 or 6 guys on him.thats why theres no broken tackles for touchdowns. if u try a sweep there will be 7 guys on him if u pass the ball they will beat i there.wales is a great player but his supporting cast will be almost as good they are NOT a one man team.as for saying he might get injured u cant hit what u cant catch.
The only way that this game will be close is if Central turns the ball over several times deep in their own territory. I predict Central by 14+
Twitter: @tc_analytics

MisterPerfect Wrote:I'd give the edge to Garrard.

Offensively - IMO Belfry needs to run the ball effectively and eat away that clock which they are so good at doing. I believe the Pirates should run strictly up the gut with a sweep here or there. Because with Centrals defensive speed. Those sweeps won't work unless you get the Central D strictly looking at the dive and smack a sweep for a 10 - 15 yard gain.

Defensively - Everybody has to get to the ball and tackle. And when you do tackle, you make them remember that your Belfry! And show them your tougher because you know you are!

I know Haywood is going to have these boys ready and prepared to win this title and bring it to Belfry!!

And what do u think Scroggins is doing with his boys??? They're definitely not sitting around drinking milk & eating cookies. I'm sure both these teams are hungry to take that championship back to their home towns. IMO I think this 2011 Central team is better than the 2010 team Belfry faced in last years championship. Now I'm not really sure what happened to Belfry in that game last year but they just didn't show up. That game is behind us & we don't talk about would of could of or should of...we're focused on the task at hand & that's to go to BG & bring home the 2011 3A State Championship!!!
Iluvfootball Wrote:And what do u think Scroggins is doing with his boys??? They're definitely not sitting around drinking milk & eating cookies. I'm sure both these teams are hungry to take that championship back to their home towns. IMO I think this 2011 Central team is better than the 2010 team Belfry faced in last years championship. Now I'm not really sure what happened to Belfry in that game last year but they just didn't show up. That game is behind us & we don't talk about would of could of or should of...we're focused on the task at hand & that's to go to BG & bring home the 2011 3A State Championship!!!

Don't care to be honest!

As well as Belfry is better than last years 2010 team!
#BBFL
Pulling for Belfry, just dont see it happening tho.

Central-34
Belfry-13
pirate_time Wrote:iam going to be honest belfry's pass d was terrible last night if central can have a balance of pass an run belfry is screwed an if sani warren doesn't play this could get ugly...if sani plays the chances of the upset is better..sani an the rest of the d get healthily this belfry win 28-21...if sani doesn't play central 34-14...it all starts if U think u can win go play Ur game stop their offense win this game!!!!!!!!!GO PIRATES!!!!!:rockon::insane::popcorn:

Way to be so positive on Sani alone! hey i say the whole pirate nation hopes that him and the rest of the "D" is healthy,I know that i do. But to say this game hinges on one player is stupid. Did you watch the game last night? I assume that you did. Are you trying to say that the boy(Huddle) playing corner in his place was the cause for all of the TD's. If you are your not a pirate fan,but from what I saw along with the group i was with was 1TD(pass) down the middle of the field(blown assignment from the safety)1TD(run) around his side ;but both D-Ends were out at this time.1TD(pass) on the other corners side.And then the drive were they ran it in from about 1 yard out. Yeah Sani could had helped out last night but I don't think that Deion Sanders could have covered the whole field. Your being a little selfish to think one player caused all of these touchdowns on defense or could make such a difference in this weeks chamionship game. If your gonna make comments like that you need to realize alot of these players read this board. I think Huddle did an excellent job to be playing in a game with so much riding on it.I say hats off to him and the REST of his TEAMMATES! Kids are gonna make mistakes like they did last night,Coach Haywood will make adjustments like he did at halftime,thats the way the game is played;not by one player to win it or loose it. TongueirateSho
Way to be so positive on Sani alone! hey i say the whole pirate nation hopes that him and the rest of the "D" is healthy,I know that i do. But to say this game hinges on one player is stupid. Did you watch the game last night? I assume that you did. Are you trying to say that the boy(Huddle) playing corner in his place was the cause for all of the TD's. If you are your not a pirate fan,but from what I saw along with the group i was with was TD(pass) down the middle of the field(blown assignment from the safety)TD(run) around his side ;but both D-Ends were out at this time.TD(pass) on the other corners side.And then the drive were they ran it in from about 1 yard out. Yeah Sani could had helped out last night but I don't think that doing Sanders could have covered the whole field. Your being a little selfish to think one player caused all of these touchdowns on defense or could make such a difference in this weeks championship game. If your gonna make comments like that you need to realize alot of these players read this board. I think Huddle did an excellent job to be playing in a game with so much riding on it.I say hats off to him and the REST of his TEAMMATES! Kids are gonna make mistakes like they did last night,Coach Haywood will make adjustments like he did at halftime,thats the way the game is played;not by one player to win it or loose it.

Iam one of the biggest pirate fan i dont need to argue my case iam sure everyone on here can tell u that..And iam not saying the huddle kid did a bad job he done a great job to be put in a that position deep in the playoffs win or go home an not give up big plays
what iam saying instead of having ur starting cb in the came an trying to play help on his side..Now as i recall that 4th an 3 where the gc receiver drop the catch that turned the tide of the game imo the cb wasn't 10 yards off the reciver..iam not putting it on one player but if u watched the same game u know they have to play alot better to even play with central:please::lame:TongueirateSho
Central - 749
Belfry - 0
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never seen so many Belfry "HATERS" in one place!!!
Believe Pirates!!!--You CAN do this!
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next